“Palms Bistro Seafood Buffet sways to different days.”
Review of Bistro Buffet

Bistro Buffet
Ranked #1,490 of 4,874 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Paradise
Las Vegas
“Palms Bistro Seafood Buffet sways to different days.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

In the city of endless buffets this does rank in the value to food ratio as a good deal at a $$ price. As residents of this town we are always looking for the best deal. And as a resident we are constantly receiving mail from the various casinos with special offers. And when you get a 2-fer you just have to go. At this popular "just off strip" hotel they have a modest priced fare and if you are lucky to score a 2 for 1 coupon it makes it all worth while. We crave seafood and they offer a variety on their seafood nights. The coupons are good Sun-Thur. In the past we went on Sunday but they have now changed the seafood days to Tues, Sat-Sun. So be prepared. They do have a good variety of international cuisine but we're here for the "Crab Legs". I'm sure you've read other reviews on the quality and taste of the food. We tend to have our favorites also but I go back to my lead sentence about value and cost. First and foremost are the crab legs. They are the snow crab versions and if you choose the larger legs you can get some really good meat on them. What I like about them are that they are not sliced before hand and you can have them steamed as well. They probably have the best Orange Chicken I've tasted. There are good large pieces of thinly breaded white meat in a great tasting glaze. They also have a lemon cream covered trout that is delicious. Clams, mussels and Oysters Rockefeller are included along with a carving station with salmon and the usual meats. Forgot to mention that they now have comp. MGD's and Bud Light along with wine at dinner time now. The line starts forming at about 3:30 for dinner and it's always good to get the first pick of the food before the sloppy finger eaters get there. You know who you are!! The staff is very good and always around to fill the glasses and bring extra napkins. Being in the service industry myself I look for that. So take care of them. This guy and his lady friend strolled in ahead of everyone with a comp dinner coupon. Probably a high roller. We were seated next to them. The lady helped with their drinks and such. When they left, nothing!! Really!??! You couldn't leave a couple bucks just to say thanks for putting up with all our demands. So I left her a few more.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Bill L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
“Worst”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Poor service. Be prepaired to wait for mediocre food at best. Barely edible. I had soup and salad after waiting 1.5 hr for a Tue seafood night that barely had any seafood. No shrimp, oysters or fish. Guess everone was there for the crab legs. No plates to eat with. Had to wait on those too. My tea glass came with food on the outside. Yuk. Food on the buffet glass guards and all over the steam tables. A big mess. I have no plans to ever go back!!

1 Thank Brenda R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food / Great Price!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I ate here 3 times while staying at Palms Place and it is a good meal for a great price. There are certainly larger and more upscale buffets in Vegas, but they are typically $40 - 60+ as well! You can't really beat $20 for fresh crab legs, carving station and a variety of tasty hot plate items + unlimited drinks, especially if you're staying right upstairs. Breakfast at Bistro Buffet was included in our hotel package and it was also good, I especially liked the fresh orange juice!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank PlsPassthePinot
Sacramento, California
“The Price Is Right”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The food is not bad and there are plenty of choices. For the prices and beer and wine include for the lunch buffet I think that is well worth the price is you are looking to eat and fill yourself up without breaking the bank in Vegas.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank sehoag
Frederick, Maryland
“"Underwhelmed"”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The restaurant had quite a selection of food, and as a son of former restaurant owner i was underwhelmed. I basically tried 12 to 15 dishes in small portions of course and found myself not wanting to go back for more. The only saving grace was the wait staff who was efficient and knows his job well.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Bistro Buffet? Share your experiences!