“Excellent deal, good food. Service not so good.”
Review of Bistro Buffet - CLOSED

Bistro Buffet
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Paradise
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice selection of foods for the travelzoo price, which included all you could drink wine or beer. The service was of course terribly lacking, having to hunt down the server every time we needed another drink. I have to say the food did suprise me though, it was fresh and hot. Prime rib was perfectly cooked and the gentleman serving it was awesome and fun.

1  Thank littlehonuguy

Reviewed 25 June 2014

In the city of endless buffets this does rank in the value to food ratio as a good deal at a $$ price. As residents of this town we are always looking for the best deal. And as a resident we are constantly receiving mail from the various casinos with special offers. And when you get a 2-fer you just have to go. At this popular "just off strip" hotel they have a modest priced fare and if you are lucky to score a 2 for 1 coupon it makes it all worth while. We crave seafood and they offer a variety on their seafood nights. The coupons are good Sun-Thur. In the past we went on Sunday but they have now changed the seafood days to Tues, Sat-Sun. So be prepared. They do have a good variety of international cuisine but we're here for the "Crab Legs". I'm sure you've read other reviews on the quality and taste of the food. We tend to have our favorites also but I go back to my lead sentence about value and cost. First and foremost are the crab legs. They are the snow crab versions and if you choose the larger legs you can get some really good meat on them. What I like about them are that they are not sliced before hand and you can have them steamed as well. They probably have the best Orange Chicken I've tasted. There are good large pieces of thinly breaded white meat in a great tasting glaze. They also have a lemon cream covered trout that is delicious. Clams, mussels and Oysters Rockefeller are included along with a carving station with salmon and the usual meats. Forgot to mention that they now have comp. MGD's and Bud Light along with wine at dinner time now. The line starts forming at about 3:30 for dinner and it's always good to get the first pick of the food before the sloppy finger eaters get there. You know who you are!! The staff is very good and always around to fill the glasses and bring extra napkins. Being in the service industry myself I look for that. So take care of them. This guy and his lady friend strolled in ahead of everyone with a comp dinner coupon. Probably a high roller. We were seated next to them. The lady helped with their drinks and such. When they left, nothing!! Really!??! You couldn't leave a couple bucks just to say thanks for putting up with all our demands. So I left her a few more.

2  Thank Bill L
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Poor service. Be prepaired to wait for mediocre food at best. Barely edible. I had soup and salad after waiting 1.5 hr for a Tue seafood night that barely had any seafood. No shrimp, oysters or fish. Guess everone was there for the crab legs. No plates to eat with. Had to wait on those too. My tea glass came with food on the outside. Yuk. Food on the buffet glass guards and all over the steam tables. A big mess. I have no plans to ever go back!!

1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I ate here 3 times while staying at Palms Place and it is a good meal for a great price. There are certainly larger and more upscale buffets in Vegas, but they are typically $40 - 60+ as well! You can't really beat $20 for fresh crab legs, carving station and a variety of tasty hot plate items + unlimited drinks, especially if you're staying right upstairs. Breakfast at Bistro Buffet was included in our hotel package and it was also good, I especially liked the fresh orange juice!

2  Thank PlsPassthePinot
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The food is not bad and there are plenty of choices. For the prices and beer and wine include for the lunch buffet I think that is well worth the price is you are looking to eat and fill yourself up without breaking the bank in Vegas.

2  Thank sehoag