“Meh”

Neighbourhood: Paradise
New Haven, Connecticut
“Meh”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

There were a lot of choices, but I felt the food was just average. Skip the free wine/ beer unless you don't care about the kind of wine/ beer you drink.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank shehangsbrightly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What happened? Yuck!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I hadn't been at the Buffet at the Palms for a while. Went today with my mom and was totally disappointed and grossed out. Everything I tried was nasty. The place wasn't very well kept either. I grabbed tongs and it was so sticky I had to wash my hands. I will never go back there again. We barely ate, yet still felt bloated and gross afterwards. Not sure what happened to this buffet. Maybe chef change? I dunno. Too bad. :(

• Visited July 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Surprise”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I haven't been to the Buffet at the Palms Casino for about three years, and it has changed. I was not very impressed the last time, but I was nicely surprised on tonight's visit. Not only was there a delightful selection of foods, but our server (Jose) was excellent. We never had to ask for a drink - they were just always there and he even remembered that I wanted little ice. Tonight was a seafood buffet and it had at least 20+ items that featured seafood - including crab legs. But they also had some interesting non-seafood items. NY Steak, Ox Tail, Beef Burgundy, roast beef, several types of chicken, and some different desserts.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank taili
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“Excellent deal, good food. Service not so good.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Nice selection of foods for the travelzoo price, which included all you could drink wine or beer. The service was of course terribly lacking, having to hunt down the server every time we needed another drink. I have to say the food did suprise me though, it was fresh and hot. Prime rib was perfectly cooked and the gentleman serving it was awesome and fun.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank littlehonuguy
Las Vegas
“Palms Bistro Seafood Buffet sways to different days.”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

In the city of endless buffets this does rank in the value to food ratio as a good deal at a $$ price. As residents of this town we are always looking for the best deal. And as a resident we are constantly receiving mail from the various casinos with special offers. And when you get a 2-fer you just have to go. At this popular "just off strip" hotel they have a modest priced fare and if you are lucky to score a 2 for 1 coupon it makes it all worth while. We crave seafood and they offer a variety on their seafood nights. The coupons are good Sun-Thur. In the past we went on Sunday but they have now changed the seafood days to Tues, Sat-Sun. So be prepared. They do have a good variety of international cuisine but we're here for the "Crab Legs". I'm sure you've read other reviews on the quality and taste of the food. We tend to have our favorites also but I go back to my lead sentence about value and cost. First and foremost are the crab legs. They are the snow crab versions and if you choose the larger legs you can get some really good meat on them. What I like about them are that they are not sliced before hand and you can have them steamed as well. They probably have the best Orange Chicken I've tasted. There are good large pieces of thinly breaded white meat in a great tasting glaze. They also have a lemon cream covered trout that is delicious. Clams, mussels and Oysters Rockefeller are included along with a carving station with salmon and the usual meats. Forgot to mention that they now have comp. MGD's and Bud Light along with wine at dinner time now. The line starts forming at about 3:30 for dinner and it's always good to get the first pick of the food before the sloppy finger eaters get there. You know who you are!! The staff is very good and always around to fill the glasses and bring extra napkins. Being in the service industry myself I look for that. So take care of them. This guy and his lady friend strolled in ahead of everyone with a comp dinner coupon. Probably a high roller. We were seated next to them. The lady helped with their drinks and such. When they left, nothing!! Really!??! You couldn't leave a couple bucks just to say thanks for putting up with all our demands. So I left her a few more.

• Visited June 2014