“blackjack and slots”

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“blackjack and slots”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

tried blackjack for the first time and croupier was very patient with explanation of rules (then took all my money!) slots are always safer but very smoky in evenings as all casinos seemed to be

Visited October 2012
1 Thank samsaz

Caerleon, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great place!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Great value midweek with huge rooms (suites) that take a family of four with ease. Ideally located just off the Strip. Free parking close to rooms is a boon.

Visited August 2012
Springfield, Virginia
264 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Had small convention here and was handled well”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We held a small (less than 50 people) convention here. The staff was extremely helpful, and the buffet dinner was presented and served very well. I would return here.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank authored
Midwest US
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Casino-Pit Staff Not Customer Friendly”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Was recommended to the Tuscany from a cab driver who advised it was where the locals play and there was a number of friendly five dollar tables.

Went a couple mornings to play blackjack and yes there were five dollar tables and it wasn't very crowded which was nice (I thought at first).

Table bar service was excellent and the dealers were friendly and chatty. However, the pit staff were an odd bunch. They hawked me the entire time I played to the point of ridiculousness. I honestly think they watched the movie 21 too many times or confused me with another player.

For example: I tried to buy in at two hundred (which is my typical buy in) and they would only let me buy a hundred at a time? If I raised my bet at all or doubled or split, two pit crew would walk over and watch my play. If I won they hung around until I lost. They were whispering to the dealers who would then give me an embarrassed whispered apoligy when the pit crew turned away.

I finally had enough and fronted the pit boss in a respectful manner and advised I was recommended to the Tuscany by a taxi driver who raved about the place. I asked if my play was bothering them and if they wanted me to vacate (as there are only about a thousand other casinos I could spend my money at). After that they feigned a somewhat more friendly manner, but by that time I was entirely uncomfortable with the environment.

I have travelled to Atlantic City, LV, Laughlin, Reno, locals all over the US and have never had this odd an experience. I love playing blackjack and it doesnt bother me to enjoy a cocktail and dump a bit of cash in a friendly environment-but this was over the top. Perhaps it explains why the tables were deserted.

On the positive side they do have a decent rewards program and even with my limited play I had earned about ten dollars in rewards. I cashed in my chips and rewards after I got up around fifty dollars and didnt return the remainder of my trip.

I am debating whether this was an anomaly and if I should try to play at the Tuscany on my next vacation to LV. They continue to send me comped hotel and food mailings so I might go back one more time. However, I have found much more player friendly tables at the Palace Station with better food and gaming options and an equally decent players rewards club and comps (see my review of PS). Best of all no pseudo-CIA types eyeballing one's gaming enjoyment.

Visited April 2012
6 Thank USSBeagle
Chicago, Illinois
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great Off-Strip Value”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Good playing, limited due to size but cozy...good eats...lots o free drinks..couldn't ask for more..

Visited August 2011