“So yummy!”

Cuisines: American
Description: Aria Hotel and Casino
Description: Aria Hotel and Casino
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Since we were staying at Aria we had to try Sweet Chill! Located on the promenade level, this bright, fun place was a budget friendly answer to a sweet tooth. I do wish the hours were a little later (closes at 7 p.m.) but we were happy we made the effort to get some great gellato. His turtle flavor was wonderful. I tried snickers & it was just good. All-in-all a great place to grab a sugar fix!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stopped in here to get a quick bite as I walked around city center for the first time. The service was awful, one of the employees acted as if I was a nuisance and not worth her time. Being hungry I let that slide thinking the Prosciutto Panani they offer had to be good... or so I thought. Once I convinced the put out girl they wanted my money, and was asked "are you sure thats what you want? It takes 5 minutes"....I ordered the Panani and a coke. When the girl called out from the counter with my drink I walked to the register and told them I had not paid yet. The girl looked at me like "so" and said "you cant pay here, I dont have any money"....?. I could have literally walked away...she would have never noticed. I was finally noticed by what appeared to be the man in charge (he was friendly and personable) the bill came to $18...yes you read that right. A $20 for a coke and a sandwich! The fountain drink alone was $4 for a regular non supersized fountain drink. Ok I thought... ill shrug this off too.... this is a place that thinks its special... The sandwich arrived, ice cold with ice cold prosciutto which had the consistency of raw tuna...and a tough old cold bun. It was awful. It literally made me queasy and I could not finish it... (and I paid for it the rest of the day with an upset stomach). I had drained my drink trying to choke the sandwich down so I went to the counter to ask for a refill.....and guess what? NO. A $4 dollar coke and they wont even give you a refill.....?

All things considered this was an awful experience. Aria and City Center as a whole left me with a bad taste in my mouth...literally and figuratively. I will not be back to any of it. As far as "Sweet Chill" goes.... skip it... there are better priced and better tasting options. I ate at the deli in the Luxor the night before and it was fantastic for way less money. This was a joke, I wont be back and i'll warn everyone I know to stay clear.