“Excellent Course...”

Shadow Creek Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Tom Fazio, this magnificent 18-hole championship course is characterized by sparkling creeks, towering waterfalls and lush gardens, all of which are framed by commanding mountains.
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The good…The course was absolutely amazing.

The bad…The head golf pro with family and friend pushed us and golf lessons in front of us caused delays. The course was unfortunately overcrowded and some of it was self-induced by employees. I think employees shouldn't be playing with friends/family or giving course lessons when you have people spending a lot of money on a busy weekend (Sun Nov 4th).

Wynn Country club wasn’t as nice but much better managed/run!

Pro’s: Course was amazing... just ensure it is not too crowded.

Cons: People brought Jambox’es for the carts, and had the music cranked up. Not very classy for such a top golf resort. Had to skip holes to overcome the 30 minute wait a hole.

1  Thank docuwize
There are newer reviews for Shadow Creek Golf Club

Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

I live in Florida and to come out and play this beautiful course with mountains in the back ground and streams an lakes was great I would like to thank the MGM grand for having my friends and I out for the game

Gunnar

2  Thank Nikijo28
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Having read other reviews on Shadow Creek I felt I wanted to offer my thoughts having played the course on 7th May 2012. Friends had recommended the experience and we chose a hotel within the MGM Group (Bellagio) to ensure we got the 50% green fee discount. That said quality and service of this level does not come cheap but I genuinely felt it was value for money. My friend and I had a wonderful round, although we were given an arrival time we were immediately told we could eat first, practice or just relax, there was no tee time. Everyone at the facility was extremely helpful and attentive. Maybe because it was a Monday afternoon we got lucky but the course was not crowded at all, we maybe saw 3 other groups playing. Golf and golf course qualities are a matter of opinion. I have not had the pleasure and sadly am unlikely to ever play Augusta and my preference is for Links golf, but you cannot help but marvel at the maturity of this course given it's tender years and you do not see desert at any point. A number of the holes were pretty to look at whilst being challenging to play. Our caddie RJ made the experience all the more fulfilling with help picking out markers from the tee; to distances to the pin and finally lines on the treacherous putts. Do not get above the hole here it can been painful. I liked the phone boxes at 8 and 17 where you could order a half way drink or snack and at 17 where they rang the Limo to come and get us. That said we showered and enjoyed a post round beer on the veranda overlooking the 18th on a guaranteed sunny day. For us Brits that's a luxury well worth the trip. It ain't cheap but for me it will be a great golfing memory.

10  Thank Richard O
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Played this course on 5/16/2012 - the round was way too long (6+ hrs). It seems to be more of a country club atmosphere, with little oversight on moving the slow players along. Given there is a caddy with each group, this should be easier to accomplish - but it wasn't.

The course layout and condition were very nice. I would have to say it is probably the best in Vegas, but it is no where near worthy of its previous #31 World ranking by Golf Digest. Comparisons to Augusta or any other elite courses with rich history are beyond ridiculous. There is little to no history here, no tour events, no famous holes, etc. It is unique given how it is carved out of the desert and you feel like you could be in Florida or South Carolina playing. At times, I wish I were.

If they could alter the focus to be more on golf, and less on the ultra-Vegas experience like everything else, I think the course could be appreciated more. Also, with that kind of world ranking, you would think it wouldn't be difficult to get an event bigger than the MJ Charity event. I am fortunate that price isn't of concern to me, but if it were, I would pass this one up.

1  Thank Harry647
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Great service from top to bottom, everyone we came into contact with was great. Moose was our caddy and was a great guy to spend the day with.

Can't believe this was carved out of the dessert.

2  Thank Golferjeff