“Blown away”
Review of Bali Hai Golf Club

Bali Hai Golf Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Designed by Lee Schmidt and Brian Curley in 2000, the Bali Hai Golf Club is a worthy namesake of the famous Indonesian land of enchantment. The lush surroundings include seven-acres of opulent water features, a total of 4,000 trees with 2,500 stands of towering palms and 100,000 Balinese tropical plants. Transition and out-of-play areas are accented with Augusta white sand and black volcanic rock outcroppings. The par-71 course measures 7,002 yards from the tips and affords spectacular views of the Strip mega-resorts from the fairways. Bali Hai's unique layout includes teasers like #16, a par-3 island green that frequently comes with an audience from the Cili Restaurant patio and #3, a 468 yard par-4 with a creek running the entire right-side, balanced with a bunker on the left. Play #3 and find out why it's called "Shipwreck." Challenging play, breathtaking scenery and first class facilities make Bali Hai a one-of-a-kind golfer's paradise that Golf Digest named one of the "Top 50 Resort Courses". The course was designed to go in like a lamb and out like a lion, meaning that the drama and thrills build as player progress along the course. "We want to give guests an opportunity to loosen up and enjoy their surroundings before we begin challenging their skills," said Brian Curley. "This will be a fun course ... you'll know you've been tested, but it won't beat you to death. It's the kind of golf course you could play day after day and never tire of its charm."
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is my first online review on anything. The backdrop of driving your ball into the Las Vegas strip is priceless. Course was perfectly manicured, greens were the closest to perfect I've ever played on, granola yogurt and burger at the snack shop were fantastic and reasonably priced. I was playing well (for me) so I actually enjoyed all the choppers and planes. You definately feel like a celebrity when you're plating this course.

1  Thank Sarah R

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The course was absolutely wonderful and the staff was even better. It is spendy because of the location like everything else on the strip but I have to say it is well worth the price. I have played great courses before and this ranks as one of the nicer ones I have played but I have never played any that comes close to the staff. Simply put it was like playing at a spa with everyone making every effort to make me feel pampered.

The course it self was in immaculate shape. The greens were fast and true and course is rather forgiving but not enough to stop me from shooting poorly. Despite my hacking I was very happy to have played this course and would definitely play it again if I was ever to return to Vegas.

Location is right behind the Mandalay Bay at the end of the strip so easy to reach.

1  Thank Rezboy
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Great course. Yes close to airport but can't say that's a shock given its location so to mark the course down for that is ridiculous.

$10 taxi from the middle of the strip means it's a great option. Early tee times provide a quiet course and usually a great discounted fee.

Would return again and again. Very unforgiving front nine though. Any course that describes it's water hazards in acres is going to be tough and it is for a mid - high handicapper.

Great service to. One to play given the chance.

1  Thank rammyred
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Went to a wedding ceremony and reception at this venue and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The appetizers were outstanding, as well as the main courses of Chilean Sea Bass, Prime Rib and pork roast. The staff was friendly and very good.

3  Thank GeorgeF592
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Played there twice with 3 buddies celebrating 50th birthday. Course was absolutely impeccable! Every square inch of the course was perfectly manicured. I did not see even one weed or one blade of brown grass. The staff made us feel like we were VIP's at every step along the way. We are all members of private clubs back home and we were all very impressed with the course, the clubhouse and especially the staff! It's expensive but well worth it. FYI, if you call the course to make a reservation, you cam usually get a better rate.

1  Thank Jokirp