“Great golf course”

Desert Pines Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to experience the Carolina sandhills, tucked away minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, in the historic part of Las Vegas. As you begin your Vegas golf round at Desert Pines Golf Club Las Vegas, you will feel transported from the closed-in casinos and overpowering glitz to a place where you can enjoy the fresh, calming scent of real pine trees. This Dye-designed golf course features over 4,000 mature pine trees lining the fairways with green grass running from tees to pins. White sand bunkers protect large, undulating, bent grass greens fashioned after those at Augusta National Golf Club. Although there are no forced carries, four lakes will add to the excitement and beauty of your round. Spanning more than 50 hitting stations, the Practice Center is ideal for a pre-round warm-up or a stop to practice your swing. The two-level facility is covered, to protect from rain and sunlight, and features misters during summer months and heaters during the winter for ultimate comfort and enjoyment. Extended hours allow flexibility for golfers, with closing times at 11 p.m. The Snack Bar offers the delicious food served, situated conveniently next to the 10th tee box and within walking distance to the parking lot, the Practice Center provides a chance to perfect your game.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I am a single golfer and I come to vegas every second week in September I don't bother with the two other courses they own. I just play this one two days in a row.

I am a single golfer ( don't like to wait for my friends to get up at 11am ) so I am out real early.
I call and make a tee time they always get me out.

This last trip I got sick Wednesday late night ( some bad shrimp or something ) sorry I don't drink that much so that was not the problem, Called in and moved my time to latter on the afternoon with no problems. Pretty much had the course to myself.

Never a problem.

Customer service is real good while playing we noticed some one in front of use was spitting sun flower seeds all over the greens. we told the girl in the drink cart and we think she knew who it was. After that no more seeds on the greens.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had not played this course in several years. I was very impressed with the driving range which I later found out had recently been renovated due to a crazy storm we had this summer in Las Vegas. It is a great range to loosen up at. I was very pleased with the condition of the course. Greens were solid and fairways and tees were good also.

Staff was courteous and attentive. I did actually sit down to eat which I don't normally do at courses but was curious as when I teed off the restaurant was very busy so I assumed it must be pretty good. The food and service were excellent.

Of all the courses I have played living in Las Vegas. I would recommend this course for sure as a place to go have an enjoyable day of golf.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

As above. course was burned to a crisp. Staff hugely dismissive and inattentive. hard to picture it looking good but even if it was lush and green it was a pretty linear track. Never again. Dont waste your time and money. Go to TPC or out into the desert to wolf creek [or get a mate to take you to shadow!]

WaltersGolfMGT, Manager at Desert Pines Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Sir or Mam,
We sent you a message and have not heard back, so we wanted the opportunity to respond here. It sounds like you had a really disappointing experience in course conditions and how you were treated by the staff. We work hard in both of these areas and would never want a guest to experience what you did.

We're already working to improve the areas you mentioned; however additional details like the time of day, and year you golfed with us, will help us narrow down exactly what we can work to improve. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We hope you will give us another shot in the future.

Nathan Corliss
Walters Golf & Desert Pines

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I'm a local and I play this course often since it is so central. Contrary to the last couple of reviews, I find the course conditions consistently very good at this facility. All locals know that August-October is course maintenance/overseed season and not to expect the best course conditions anywhere in town. My guess is that Desert Pines will be back in great condition by the end of October just like the rest of the courses in town.

A previous review mentioned how the driving range was closed for renovations. Those renovations are now complete and the range is open again. I haven't hit any balls there yet, but I drove by and see that they replaced the previous concrete and fake turf field with a grass field. This should keep their range balls from getting so scuffed up.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Played on Saturday the 21st of Sept. Fairways were stripped down bare, in preperation for overseeding on the 23rd. Website didnt mention maintenance crews stripping fairways PRIOR to closing for overseeding. And they charged me full rate! Seemed to me like a money grab for the weekend prior to closing for overseeding.I would have played somewhere else if I had known.

1  Thank bigwav
WaltersGolfMGT, Manager at Desert Pines Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Hello Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review our golf course. We've reached out to you via message, and have not heard back yet, so we would like to comment here.

The feedback we received from you has already been applied to make sure we are upfront about the conditions at our course. Every year in Las Vegas, nearly every course goes through a process called "over seed". This is when we coax Bermuda grass to go dormant and begin growing rye grass. For a 1-2 day period conditions can be dry which is what you experienced.

We hope this information is helpful, and we would also like to make this up to you. Please follow you with us, so we can get complete feedback and resolve your concern.

Nathan Corliss