“LOVED this bar”
Review of Insert Coin(s)

Insert Coin(s)
Ranked #99 of 336 Nightlife in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Arcade, Bar & Lounge offering Classic Arcade Cabinets from the 70's to 90's, Modern Gaming and Retro Consoles like the Atari 2600 & NES to the PS3. Expect Monthly Tournaments, New Product Release Parties, DJs, Karaoke, and More!
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Talked the bouncer into giving us a discount to get in just because we were from Chicago. You give them your ID and they had you a video game controller. There are TV's everywhere. You then proceed to drink and battle (we played fighting games). One member of our party never plays video games and reluctantly agreed to go (because I paid his cover) and he had a great time. He owned everyone one of us - destroyed us repeatedly proving even non-gamers can have fun at this bar.

There are newer reviews for Insert Coin(s)

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I've been to Downtown Vegas many times in my life, but have never noticed this awesome 80s style arcade/bar. The games brought me back to my childhood-- they had all the classics-- PacMan, Frogger, Burger Time, etc. I was in heaven!
Until...one of the machines ate my quarter....and then another...and then another. It was a crapshoot basically whether or not you'd get to play or you would get jipped. I still had a lot of fun, I dug the bar, music and dark atmosphere (it made it more 80s like, in my opinion.)
If they'd fix the arcade games so that they don't constantly eat your quarters, this place would be fantastic!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We spent a few hours in here. Had a couple of bottles whilst playing fighting games at the bar and needed to hand over our passports to get the controllers. Also played a few of the arcade cabs, some seemed quite battered but I suppose thats to be expected with drunks playing them, most cabs had beer holders too.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I felt the inner, happy, excited 1988 version of the 10 year old geeky little asian boy I once was in the 80s...but then the 335year old 10 year old boy was disappointed like the whiny cry baby he was in the 1980s...

Double Dragon: My favorite 80's arcade game before Street Fighter 2 came out...I probably put in a good $200-300 worth of quarters back in those days. But I quickily found out that Player 1 side's punch button was broken. Fail.

Street Fighter 2 Pinball: In about 2 seconds Erica P found out that the left flipper was broken. Fail.

House of Dead: I've played this before and I don't remember it being so damn hard.

After about $3.00 worth of quarters we had had enough of getting jipped. Great concept, but poor execution...fixing these games, jazzing up the decor and lighting(it feels "creepy"), and getting in here before the 10PM cover charges starts would make this a 5 Star

1  Thank John P
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Strong drinks, great arcade games (Tekken, SmashTV, The Simpsons, Marvel vs Capcom 2, etc), console games to play at the bar (free if you drink enough), and a nice-sized dance floor. What's not to like? (If you're in your twenties, like me)