“Doesn't Live Up to Its Hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Insert Coin(s)

Insert Coin(s)
Ranked #96 of 327 Nightlife in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Arcade, Bar & Lounge offering Classic Arcade Cabinets from the 70's to 90's, Modern Gaming and Retro Consoles like the Atari 2600 & NES to the PS3. Expect Monthly Tournaments, New Product Release Parties, DJs, Karaoke, and More!
Knoxville, Tennessee
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Doesn't Live Up to Its Hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Based on Insert Coin(s) website, this was one of the things my husband was looking forward to the most in Las Vegas. We rode the Deuce from the Strip, which was a whole other ordeal, and we arrived at Freemont Street. There is a cover, which was $10 for out of state men, and free for women.

The web site seemed to imply that the club was a huge hot spot with a large selection of games. We found that only about half of the listed games were there and operational. There was a DJ, and I actually enjoyed the music, but the few games that I was interested in were out of order. I ended up chillaxing on the couch while my husband played for about 30 minutes. After he played the X-Men arcade game, he was ready to go. No one came to check on or wait on me while I was sitting there the whole time. About only twenty people total were in the bar at midnight on a Friday night.

The concept has a lot of potential, and I don't know if we visited the bar on a downswing or if it could be revamped into something really unique. We ended up having more fun just walking up and down Freemont Street and people watching.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mary_Frances_From_TN

Upplands-Vasby, Sweden
“Nice retro games”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I liked the collection of retro games, I felt at home. They had some OK beers too, but the selection was somewhat limited.

Visited March 2014
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not cool...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I was really excited when I heard about this place for my bachelor party. I talked all my friends into going and thought it was going to be great to challenge each other to all the old games. Unfortunately at least half of the games did not work at all. Of the half that did work, most of them had broken buttons / joysticks and would eat your quarters. The staff was happy to replace your quarters but it was frustrating to keep going and telling them that the games had taken them. Overall I would say this place did not meet my expectations at all.

1 Thank Jywindowguy
Memphis, Tennessee
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“It was just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

We spent one night in the Fremont area on our Vegas trip and decided to stop in at this place after reading about it on the Vegas forum. It was okay. It was a Saturday night and they were charging $5 cover charge for men and no charge for women. We went in and played a few of the vintage games. We weren't really there for the club scene, but they had a DJ with very, very loud music that didn't really appeal to us. We finally left because we couldn't take the loud music any longer.

We're glad we had a look around, but probably won't go again.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Deb62862
Chicago, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“LOVED this bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Talked the bouncer into giving us a discount to get in just because we were from Chicago. You give them your ID and they had you a video game controller. There are TV's everywhere. You then proceed to drink and battle (we played fighting games). One member of our party never plays video games and reluctantly agreed to go (because I paid his cover) and he had a great time. He owned everyone one of us - destroyed us repeatedly proving even non-gamers can have fun at this bar.

Visited June 2013