As much as the rooms are good and beds are comfortable be prepaid to pay, pay and pay. First off out a group of five of us staying there no two people had the same rate. Once we checked in we learned about all the other charges such as the “resort fee” that is $15 plus tax per day makes it $16.80. When I asked what it was for I was told it was free parking. All of Las Vegas has always had free parking, what a scam. We then were told that they would be pre authorizing and hold $100 per day for “incidentals”. (I wonder how much interest they earn on that.) Next came the $15 per day for internet usage and $25 per day should you wish to use the exercise facilities. They did provide some coupons for drinks in the bar but that was a joke. Depending on who was at the bar the drink prices changed. Some of our group got drink coupons worth $20 and others got drink coupons worth $15, and if you got a drink that was less than the coupon they kept the difference. Don’t plan on using the ATM’s they charge $4.99 per transaction, what a rip and should be a crime.
On check-out a couple in the group and charges for things that weren’t theirs and other at the counter were having the same problem. As a general rule staff attitude was poor. You would think in this economy finding the employees with a good attitude would be easy. As most of us know employee attitude is a reflection of management.
I spent the last 20 years living in Nevada with relatives working in major resort casinos, this is not the place. I have stayed at the best places in Vegas and this is not it. They will charge you for everything and there is nothing special here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palms Casino Resort, heralded as one of Las Vegas' most sought-after destinations, is an all-encompassing, one-stop experience. Opened in 2001, the boutique property boasts three distinct towers and a diverse mix of bars and restaurants across a 95,000-square-foot casino. Palms is in the midst of a property-wide renovation, having renovated its Ivory Tower guestrooms, the redesigned Race and Sports Book, the iconic N9NE Steakhouse and suave Ghostbar, named “Best Lounge” by Nightclub & Bar Magazine in 2014. Other amenities include the popular Fantasy Suites, such as the Hardwood Suite, the only hotel room in the world with its own basketball court, and the Pearl Concert Theater, Las Vegas’ leading concert venue; Nove Italiano; the Michelin-starred Alize; Lao Sze Chuan, an authentic Chinese cuisine restaurant by renowned Chicago chef Tony Hu; Cafe 6, a contemporary take on American comfort food classics; the world’s largest Hooters; Drift Spa & Hammam; Brenden Theatres, a 14-theatre Cineplex; three swimming pool environments, and more than 60,000 square-feet of meeting space. Palms Casino Resort is located just west of the center of the Las Vegas Strip off I-15 on Flamingo Road and offers free shuttle service to The Strip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Palms Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Las Vegas
- The Palms Las Vegas
- Palms Las Vegas
- Playboy Hotel Las Vegas
- Palms Hotel Las Vegas
- Palms Casino Resort Las Vegas