My husband and I stayed here for one night because we found such an awesome promotion for 50% off room rates and 2 free buffets. We booked a superior room, located in the fantasy tower. We checked in at about 2:30pm and our room was ready. Check -in was quick, friendly, and efficient. The customer service person explained the 2 for 1 drink coupons and the resort fee.
We had a room on the 16th floor, overlooking the front of the hotel, Flamingo Rd. The room was very spacious, with a king bed, sofa, desk, TV console, and fully stocked refrigerator. The fridge is stocked with little bottles of liquor, mixers, beer, and snacks. It's computerized, so if you take anything out, it senses it and will charge you. We didn't take anything out, but at check-out, the front desk asked if we had consumed something. Of course, we said no and we didn't get charged, no questions asked.
The bathroom is all tile, with a single sink, jetted tub and shower. The only thing that could be improved is the amount of lighting in the bathroom. It was difficult to put my makeup on with the amount of light from the fixture above the sink. They also have a magnifying makeup mirror. I was bummed to see they've gotten rid of the Aveda toiletry products.. They have some sort of generic brand I've never heard of. The bed is very comfortable with nice pillows. I slept very well and didn't hear any loud noise at any time during our stay. I think the sound proofing is very good, or we didn't have any neighbors the entire time. Either way, we were very happy.
The room has a large LCD TV. We had several issues with the TV soon after we checked in. We'd have the TV on, and all of a sudden, it would black out, but the sound would remain. We left to go outside resort and reported this to the front desk. He said he'd contact maintenance to look at it while we were out. Later in the evening before bed, we were watching TV and the same thing happened. So, I have doubts the TV was looked at. We'll never know.
We ate dinner at NOVE Italiano. It was great with large portions. In the morning, we had our free buffets. They have these saved to your room and at the buffet they just ask to see ID and take care of your free buffets. The buffet was good, with a lot of selection. Some of the food could have been hotter in temperature.
The pool was closed, but it was very windy anyways. They had great drink specials on Sunday's at the bar near the sports book. $2.50 bottle beer and $12 pitchers. We also used our 2 for 1 drink tickets and I had a very tasty martini.
On Sunday, my husband and I each had a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich in the food court. Very good sandwiches. We also shared a brownie sandwich with peanut butter creme in the center. YUM!
We also had some of the best massages at Drift Spa at Palms Place. A 50 minute massage is $125 plus 20% service fee (tip). The facilities are impressive with huge showers, plush bathrobes, a lounge area with snacks and drinks, a steam room and a hammam (a steam room on steroids with a eucalyptus scent). Service was great.
We like the Palms and will definitely return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palms Casino Resort, heralded as one of Las Vegas' most sought-after destinations, is an all-encompassing, one-stop experience. Opened in 2001, the boutique property boasts three distinct towers and a diverse mix of bars and restaurants across a 95,000-square-foot casino. Palms is in the midst of a property-wide renovation, having renovated its Ivory Tower guestrooms, the redesigned Race and Sports Book, the iconic N9NE Steakhouse and suave Ghostbar, named “Best Lounge” by Nightclub & Bar Magazine in 2014. Other amenities include the popular Fantasy Suites, such as the Hardwood Suite, the only hotel room in the world with its own basketball court, and the Pearl Concert Theater, Las Vegas’ leading concert venue; Nove Italiano; the Michelin-starred Alize; Lao Sze Chuan, an authentic Chinese cuisine restaurant by renowned Chicago chef Tony Hu; Cafe 6, a contemporary take on American comfort food classics; the world’s largest Hooters; Drift Spa & Hammam; Brenden Theatres, a 14-theatre Cineplex; three swimming pool environments, and more than 60,000 square-feet of meeting space. Palms Casino Resort is located just west of the center of the Las Vegas Strip off I-15 on Flamingo Road and offers free shuttle service to The Strip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palms Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Hotel Las Vegas
- The Palms Las Vegas
- Palms Las Vegas
- Playboy Hotel Las Vegas
- Palms Hotel Las Vegas
- Palms Casino Resort Las Vegas