“Sexy & Modern Resort- Amazing Views!”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #70 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is our favorite resort in Las Vegas!

We have been in almost every style of room in this property, from the standard room to penthouse to fantasy suite and love them all.

The standard renovated rooms have funky, modern bathrooms with a vessel sink and rain shower - much nicer than a standard bathroom in most Las Vegas resorts. The more exotic the room, the more surreal the bathrooms! Glass walls, poles in the showers, jacuzzi tubs that fill with waterfalls from the ceiling...

Rooms facing north have beautiful mountain views, especially at dawn and dusk.

Despite being a casino resort, a person does not walk for seemingly endless eternity through a smokey casino to get around. We valued that the main foyer, check in counter, elevator to our room, and pool entrance were arranged more like a "normal hotel" - all in close proximity.

We enjoyed both the Palms and Palms Place pools. When we wanted action and pool party, we hit the Palms pool which often hosts celebrity DJs (NeYo was performing during our August stay). When we wanted relaxing and quiet, we hit the Palms Place pool.

The Moon nightclub has, hands down, the best view of the strip in Las Vegas. It was breathtaking seeing the strip from 52 stories up, on a roofless deck!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We love staying at the Palms Hotel when we visit Las Vegas. It's not on the strip so it's a quieter atmosphere, but there is a free shuttle to and from the strip if you want to sample the "action", not to mention shopping and restaurant, our room had a view of the pool, and the city lights at night. The rooms are not large (I'm sure they have some suites that are plenty big) but they are well equipped and the bathroom is nice - big walk in shower. The bed linens are really nice! One thing the rooms don't have is a coffee maker - which we don't miss because you can hardly call what those things produce coffee. So you have to. Go down to the casino floor where there are coffee shops, or order room service. Also no refrigerator or microwave. With so many great and economical places to eat in the casino - from McDonalds to gourmet restaurants, you don't need to eat in your room. Only one caveat on the hotel room - if you are going to have a romantic interlude, be aware that the wall between the bed side of the rooms is thin and you can be heard.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

While off the strip a bit the Palms is a great party spot in Vegas. Rooms are nice and they offer plenty of nightlife to choose from. The choices for gambling are nice also as the casino is set up in a pit like design. Had a great football betting weekend with the boys.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed at both the Palms Casino Hotel & the Palms Place, and if I were to choose, I'd pick the Palms Casino Hotel. The Palms Place is a lovely hotel, but it was quite dated. The Palms Casino Hotel was renovated at least 8 months ago, according to the front desk agent (I believe his name was James, who was very helpful). He gave me a room in the Ivory Towers on the 19th floor with a strip view. (At the Palms Place, I had to pay an extra $20 for a strip view). The room was beautiful! I wish I stayed there for the two nights I was there instead! I woke up at 5 AM to the sunrise! That room was everything I wanted for a perfect stay! Also, I wish I had the concierge's name because I just wanted to hug her (& I hope she reads this). She got me a reservation at the Gordon Ramsey Steak at the Paris even though it was fully booked (I tried online and got no where). She was able to reserve me a table, and made my birthday dinner everything I ever wanted! So if you're looking to stay at a hotel in Las Vegas, just know that the staff at this hotel will take care of you!

Room Tip: Corner rooms will give you the best view of the strip!
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Overall was a great experience for the price. Check in was easy and the staffing levels were adequate to handle the people waiting. The room was well appointed and clean. We had a great view of the strip at night and the staff was very attentive and helpful. The location is great because you are away from the traffic of the strip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelDudeRico
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed at the Palms as we were attending the Styx concert. The Pearl theater is perfect concert venue; sound system is great and seating is fantastic. The casino offers plenty of options for games and we enjoyed playing the variety offered. We stayed in room in the Ivory tower and it was very clean, modern and comfortable. the pillowtop beds super comfortable. They offer plenty of eating options so we ate all our meals at the palms for our 3 day visit. The staff is very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Lynda B
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We didn't stay at this hotel, but we did spend an afternoon of gambling, attended a comedian show and danced at the Moon club.
First the casino: The machines were friendlier than the hotel that we were staying at on the strip. Our cocktail waitress was awesome. I think her name was Brianna? Always a pleasant smile and great service.
The Pearl Theater: Beautiful venue. Probably not a bad seat in the house.
The Moon Club: My wife and I are in our 50's. We were welcomed in and treated well. We danced quite a bit before calling it a night. The view from the rooftop deck was spectacular!
Drinks at the Moon Club were competitively priced with the lounge at the "budget, family hotel" that we stayed at on the strip and the buffet prices were about 50% cheaper at the Palms.
We will definitely consider staying here on our next Vegas visit.