“Relaxing and fun!”

Ranked #63 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
New Haven, Connecticut
“Relaxing and fun!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We got this room in the Ivory Tower because of a special on Travelzoo; my friend and I were there for a conference. The room was lovely with a great view of the Strip - we opted to pay a little extra for a room on an upper floor. It was nice to stay at a place where it wasn't as crazy as the hotels that are on the Strip proper. It's still a casino hotel, but just seemed not as nuts.

The pools were lovely, the spa was great - get a facial with Dana! Scarlet was a cool, intimate bar although it had limited hours.

Helpful hints: there is an $8 shuttle to the airport from the hotel and few people know about it; the shuttle to/from Caesar's Palace is a great way to get to the Strip, which runs 11am to 8pm every half hour. This place also has a movie theater and a food court!

One con: the walls are somewhat thin in the room, so we could hear other people's conversations if they were being loud (and these dudes were).

Room Tip: Pay $15 extra for an upper level room - great view of the Strip, especially at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank shehangsbrightly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our second stay at the Palms Casino Hotel this year and we love it here!! The staff are professional, helpful, cheerful and very friendly. We travel to Vegas 2-3 times a year and after experiencing the Mega Resorts, this place, hands down, beats them all. We stayed here two nights and then had a 1 night stay at Bellagio; what a difference! The Palms is easy to get to, parking is a breeze, walking around the casino is easy, the Casino is not smokey, and you don't have to walk miles to get from point A to point B. Everything here is within an easy walk. The Rooms are beautiful, large, clean and very comfortable beds!! Staff is outstanding in every way possible. When we moved over to the Bellagio, we had a 40 minute check in wait, parking was a challenge, the Bellagio was very smokey, had to walk quite a ways to get anywhere and it was so congested with people. Needless to say, we prefer the Palms Casino to the Bellagio, hands down!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Littlelobo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location is slightly off the strip but the shuttle was brilliant and I didn't mind our location in the end. We spent most of our time by the pool anyway! Staff were so helpful and had a great attitude, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to everyone. The pool is beautiful, they have the best alcoholic coconut drink that actually comes in a coconut. The shuttle to get to the strip is very luxurious and the drivers are so nice.

Room Tip: The Ivory Tower has been renovated and it is immaculate. We stayed on the 53rd floor which is the hi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank moeneekah
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Amazing value, the property is clean and the rooms are large. The buffet is extremely good value. Only problem was not being able to gamble as we didn't have our passports on us, they would not accept Australian drivers licences. I don't carry my passport around with me. We ended up going to the strip and had no problem gambling. I'm in my 40's and my other family members were 60 so it wasn't as we look young. We had a palms card. Was the palms loss not ours as our money was accepted elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try for a high room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
san diego
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Beautiful remodeled rooms with the most comfortable beds in Las Vegas. Free shuttle to the strip, but it stops coming back to the hotel early so you'll need to cab it back if you want to stay out past 10pm.

Room Tip: Friday's are very noisy at the pool as they have a party there that's open to the public. Ge...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, AL
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Perfect place for large groups to relax, unwind, and let Vegas be Vegas....I also enjoyed the pool...very nice layout fun atmosphere and the girl Dj was excellent. I will be visiting the Palms resort Casino again in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014
Temecula, California
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have visited Las Vegas many times and lived there twice in my lifetime and I have to say that I do not like the mega gi-normus properties and that is why I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It has a small casino but offers all the table games and slots...they were renovating the poker room. They also have a concert theater and there is a movie theater on premises with many fast food options: pizza, yogurt, coffee, sandwiches, Panda Express, and hamburgers. There are many dining options and we ate at Alize. It has a magnificent view of Las Vegas Strip. It's very expensive but the food was wonderful. It's a great dining experience.
We had a standard room in the Fantasy Tower and it was very nice with a comfortable bed and, I needed a refrigerator which housekeeping brought to me at no extra charge. Noise was not a problem.
Attached by a long skyway is the Palms Place which are condos that are for sale. I guess individual tenants can rent them out if they want too. This is where the smaller pool is located. The only downside to this property for me was the Palms pool. The pool is part of the reason I go to Vegas. It's quite large but they only open half of it Monday through Thursday. I like a pool that has shade or many umbrellas and I don't want to fight for a lounge chair. I saw 2 umbrellas. Maybe it's because of wind but Vegas in late June is 100+ degrees. Of course you can pay extra for shade…they always figure out a way to make more money. It's a party pool, and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday you have to go through a security check point. Your bags are searched and you get a wristband…think outdoor nightclub. Non-hotel guests pay to get in and hotel guests are free up until noon. There is another pool at the Palms Place that is much smaller but quieter….again no shade unless you pay for cabanas. They do screen you on the weekends as well.

Room Tip: There is no shopping except for the standard hotel store. You can walk to the Rio and the Gold Coas...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple