“Good hotel has some issues...”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #58 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oklahoma
“Good hotel has some issues...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a good hotel with various types of rooms for different people with varying incomes and lifestyles.the restaurants are good quality but can be pricy!the nightlife can be extravagant but again pricy! The buffet is ok for the price.be sure to get a 50+ slot card to get 1/2 off the price.check in can be long depending on the time of day.the starting price for a room can be $59, but the co adds $25 per day for wi-if,fitness center and a shuttle fee to the shops.the rooms are ok,but not over the top unless you upgrade.i do commend the mattresses,they are top notch! Unless you stay@ TI you won't get a better sleep!the staff here is very good.i would highly recommend the spa! It is very good and relaxing! The building design has flaws.you cannot find the fitness center at each building.also if you want to go to the 2nd tower you have to go thru the casino,walk down a walkway ie:sky tube,go up a elevator,walk down another hallway,go up another elevator,then you will find the 2nd pool,a fitness center,and a tanning salon.there are some ritzy premium bars,restaurants in the resort if that's what you like! Oh yea,be careful@ the bar by the main entrance I've heard there is allot of credit card theft.the pools are ok but can be crowded with young people on weekends.the cable tv is kinda hoky you have to select a menu and a guide each time you access a channel.overall a good place,but a little overpriced considering the locale...

Room Tip: Before booking make sure the room has everything you desire like a tub,wi-if,a safe,etc. before agre...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at The Palms and I was extremely satisfied. I stayed in the Ivory Tower in an accessible room. I arrived around 10am I was aware check in was a lot later but I went to check in. My room was not ready but they proceeded to check me in and took my phone number. They called me within the hour and had my keys ready and waiting for me. The room was amazing so spacious especially having to have an accessible room for my boyfriend. Every one from the front desk to a maintenance man were so friendly and helpful always ready to drop what they were doing to help my boyfriend in whichever way they could. I would highly recommend staying at The Palms and I will definitely stay again. Thank you for making my week long vacation a great one!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sandra G
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a hotel person myself, I find that I am overly critical of everything when staying in a hotel. However, at this hotel there was nothing to be critical of, because everything was awesome! I stayed here for a mini vacation for my birthday with my best friend and we both had a wonderful stay! Our suite was beautiful! The Ditch Fridays Pool Party was a blast! The bartenders were so friendly and remembered my friend and I each day. The front desk, bell staff, security staff, room service attendants, buffet servers, 24/7 Cafe attendants, were all extremely friendly and helpful. I truly cannot say enough about the staff here. Ghostbar, the roof-top club, has an incredible view of the entire city (a must see). The hotel even provides a complimentary shuttle to the strip! The valet staff was really the best. They gave wonderful directions and there was one valet in particular who graduated from Temple and was from Philadelphia, who was extremely friendly I wish I could remember his name, because I would put it here. Thank you so so much to Jessica Wicker, who helped in setting up my reservation! She is truly amazing!! Overall, I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Las Vegas. I will definitely be returning again!!

greenwood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My stay at the Palms was pretty good. The rooms were nicely decorated and a nice size! The view from the 19th floor was superb. If youre a guest here the Recharge spa is a MUST! I give the spa an A+! The only downside is its about 3 miles from the strip. The taxi ride cost about $10 each way but they do have a shuttle that drops off at Bally's (it just doesn't run all night)

Room Tip: one of the top floors!
Las Lomas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was more then pleasantly surprised by our room. Nice layout, very clean,comfy bed. The staff was very friendly, most I've seen from Las Vegas hotels. Casino has everything you need almost all inclusive. I almost didn't want to hit up the strip. There is a shuttle to the forum shops leaves every half hour until 8pm. I would definitely stay at The Palms again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Badkitty213
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room was great the bed was so comfortable and the view of strip was a nice added feature, the was so much space in the room it was like an apartment. The customer service was very accommodating with every request we made and friendly. The breakfast buffet was good too.

Winter Garden, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

He is a white haired man. He was very rude to me and made me feel very unwelcome. He refused to tell me if I had played enough to be comped a breakfast in the morning (and I was betting a lot - I averaged about $100 a hand of blackjack for about 4 hours). When asked, he refused to tell me how much "enough" was. When I finally checked out (a little before 7 AM), there was no host on duty, so I still couldn't find out if I could get a breakfast.

Room Tip: Keep the window shades closed during the days in the summer, otherwise your room will get VERY hot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo