“Good hotel”

Ranked #66 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
California
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed there for 5 nights, the hotel is pretty nice. A bit disappointed by the fact that the bathroom is my room had only the shower and no tub, but it's no big deal. The practice of resort fees ($28/day) is, in my opinion, a very misleading and bad business practice, and one of the reasons why I can not give five starts. I know many hotels do that, but they should start just publishing honest prices like the rest of the country does.

I got lucky with a room which had excellent view to the strip, at night it was pretty nice.

My deal which included free breakfast in the buffet (Travelzoo had some pretty good ones), and it was very nice - very good selection and quality, and even if it weren't free, it's under $10, I've been charged more for much much worse.

The location is off-strip even though not very far, but if you want to go somewhere else you'd need to drive (or take a cab) or a shuttle to the strip (unfortunately, only up to 8pm). I was there for a conference though so I did not mind.

There are a couple of pretty decent not very expensive restaurants in place. There are also fancy ones but I didn't go there so can't tell anything about them.

All in all, it was a decent hotel with acceptable price (even including the resort fee thing) so I'd probably stay there again if I find a good deal again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We got the room at a cheap rate through a Travel Zoo sale, which included a free room upgrade. The premium room was awesome, we had great views of the strip, the room was big and spacious, the bed was super comfy and the shower was amazing. The location is off the strip which isn't ideal however they have a free shuttle bus that drops you outside Ceasers Palace which was a real bonus. I only wish this shuttle service went a bit later

Room Tip: Premium Room is spacious and they have good views of Las Vegas Blvd
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed here 3 times now. I prefer it as it's slightly off the strip and feels more like a hotel than a shopping centre or massive resort than some of the others. Ghost bar is a fantastic way to view the city and Ditch Fridays is an awesome way to enjoy a pool party/ day club. cabana's cost around $1000 US with drinks included. British travellers beware of using debit cards as all costs are pre-authorised then charged which means your bank will register double the charge on your account for about 5 days or so. Try and use normal credit cards or cash up front if this is an issue.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

No serious complaints about my recent stay at the Palms. However, for what I was looking for, I would probably prefer to stay somewhere on the strip.

Booked a Travelzoo deal for this property for $49/night. For a 4 star property I thought it was a pretty good rate and worth booking over a lesser ranked property on-strip. Our trip was National Park centered and we used the Palms as our base for visiting Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park.

Pros
- modern, comfortable rooms
- wide range of services available (dining, entertainment, pools, etc.)
- free parking
- great pool & spa
- free shuttle (didn't run frequently enough though - we ended up taking a cab because we didn't want to wait 30 mins)

Cons
- for someone not "using" the facilities too much, the resort fee was pretty pricey at $28/night
- no mini fridge unless you want to pay a daily rate (and you can't use the minibar as a fridge either)
- buffet was not great imo
- no bathtub
- did not get requested room type (not that big of a deal for us but may be to others)
- room service was crazy expensive. we couldn't find a menu in our room so we ordered a normal breakfast over the phone. Coffee was $10-15 and the total for 2 standard breakfasts was $65.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sneaknsmiles
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

When we got there the front desk person was awesome and helped us get a great room for a good deal. Then we fun out our room is so far away also there is no casino in our tower of hotel and in the side where there is a casino there is no poker room that's not good. I always ha to leave our casino to play poker and also it took forever to get a taxi. It took forever man it wasn't good we won't be coming back. Unless the um never mind yea we probably won't be back. But the front desks and the people were awesome so that's y I gave 3 stars.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Leon K
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night (Aug 5th) and made the reservation the same day. Total bill was about $105. Check-in was super easy as we did not arrive until 4:30 pm. We had requested two queens, non-smoking (which is what we got in the Fantasy Tower). We did ask for the highest floor available and received a room on the 15th floor (not the highest, not the lowest). Our room faced Flamingo Road (slight view of hotels toward the strip). The view at night was nice, but the most colorful lights were from the Palms signage.

The pool closes at 6 pm during the week (not so fun for people traveling with kids). We were able to enjoy the pool the next morning (opens at 10 am).

The Palms has a shuttle that will take you to The Forum Shops. The shuttle runs every half hour and our driver had his radio tuned to rock (fun!). Side note--what is wrong with people that they can't say hello to the driver or thank them when they get off? Also, don't be cheap and tip the driver!! C'mon people!!!

Back to the subject: you can call down to the Front Desk and ask for a Late Check-Out (opposed to the regular of 11am)---if they have any available. We did and was told that they were offering a noon check-out. Nice!

Casino was clean. Didn't eat here so I don't have any info to offer.

Stayed August 2014
nevada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room was beautiful it actually surpassed our expectations, the view was amazing! That being said, after putting our bag down and sitting on the bed we noticed a few scary things.... 1) there was food on the floor under the ottoman (obviously the housekeeper didn't move it when she vacuumed...) There were unsettling stains on the comforter and pillow... and the final straw was when I went to use the toilet and there on the seat was a PUBE..... We called the front desk and they handled the issues quickly and professionally. The woman the sent to re-clean the room was super nice and did a great job! the resort fee was waved and we were very happy after that:) One other issue was at the actual casino, when you gamble they give you free drinks which is wonderful... I took my drink back into the room and with the lights on I saw my glass had several different shades of lipstick along the rim.... I don't ware lipstick so that was pretty gross....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple