“Nice Rooms”

Ranked #63 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hamilton, Canada
“Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I visited in Aug 2014 for 4 days. The rooms are newly remodeled in ultra modern design. I would probably not come back here again unless I got a great deal. The Palms seemed average to me --there was nothing over-the-top amazing about it. I suppose being off the strip means a little less busy than one of the mega hotels. However, it was also a bit of a nuisance to get back and forth to the strip (even with the courtesy shuttle which stops at 8pm).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (843)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed a week over Christmas, yes this review is a little late :) The room was great it was a premier standard room on a lower floor, because that's what we asked for. The food for the most part was great, the casino is fun! We will be back again for sure probably for longer next time.

For everyone that complains about the resort fee....read your confirmation emails! It says right on them that a resort fee will be due on departure. If you get a comp room, you will still have to pay the resort fee, so don't be surprised. EVERY hotel I can think of in Vegas charges resort fees , it's the new norm. Also, complaining about your credit card being authorized for $50 a night.... hotels are a business! They do not run on the "Honor system", they need to make sure you have enough available funds in case you decide to order movies or charge things to your room, it's common sense as well as common hotel business practice!

Anyway, our stay was great. We are very self reliant travelers, we usually do not require the staff for anything but to check in however they looked helpful when assisting other people! Thanks

Room Tip: we always choose lower floors because sometimes waits for elevators can be awful, the Palms elevator...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pumqin2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 August 2014

[Late post] Stayed in mid-February on a partial comp stay. Requested Ivory Tower Premier 2-queen non-smoking room. (Stayed in Premier room on a previous stay and room was awesome, recently remodeled). At check-in, room category was not available and was instead given an upgrade to Fantasy Tower Salon Suite. These suites haven't been remodeled yet but nonetheless, I was impressed. It was a large main room, divided into a separate living area with wet bar and a 2-queen bedroom. The bathroom was enormous! As you can see in the pics, there was a huge double vanity sink, Jacuzzi tub, glass-enclosed shower, and water closet. I don't usually soak in the Jacuzzi tub, but since it had an awesome view that overlooked the city, it was a must. By the way, if you don't want to feel exposed and wish to have some privacy when using the bathroom, there are mechanized window shades and dimmable lights that you can control with a flip of the switch. Much of the furniture showed signs of wear: a few loose drawer pulls and numerous chips in various furniture. But as I have said in my other LV reviews, I don't expect to stay in the room for a prolonged period except to sleep and bathe, so these minor flaws didn't bother me a bit.

Service in the hotel was excellent. Since I don't tend to get daily housekeeping service, I called to request for additional toiletries which were delivered to my room fairly quickly for a large property. The front desk staff encountered at check-in/check-out were very professional and seemed to appreciate me as a customer. Casino floor staff were not very visible although were polite when spoken to. My favorite dealer Ricky also keeps me coming back to this casino. He has an awesome personality and truly cares about his players. Until next time Ricky!

Dining options were aplenty as is most LV resorts. Ate at a Bistro Buffet, 24 Seven Café, and a food court restaurant. Bistro Buffet staff were very polite and engaging. Fast food customer service was average. 24 Seven staff were also ok. Staff there were young when I ate there for late-night dining, and service was ok. When dining late-night, the place is mostly empty and I guess staffed that way, so food service was slow, but drink refills prompt.

My experience here was excellent. Common areas were also recently renovated and décor still keeps with its trendy, modern, glitzy theme. I like this hotel's location for its proximity to Strip. You are close enough, but can get away from the madness that it sometimes can be. There were no major problems...except for the requested room I didn't get, but the upgrade totally made up for it. Thanks Palms!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I was not impressed at all with the hotel. The room that was supposedly and "upgrade" was a higher floor, and in the newer tower, and the girl who check me into the room said that it usually went for an extra 30 dollars a night. I was very excited to go into the room, until the hallways smelled of marijuana. I understand that it is known for being a party hotel, but I didn't expect to smell that coming into a four star hotel.

I was also upset of the resort fee that was being paid for. It covered wifi, business center access, gym access, and pool access. It would be worth paying for if my wifi wasn't slow and if I was even able to use the pool. Pool hours are 9-6 and check out is at 11 and check in at 4. That's two hours where I have to rush myself to even use the pool. When I went down to inquire about having the resort fee waived, the person said "Well, the resort fee covers more than that." Really unimpressed with the delivery of service from the Front Desk.

The only good thing about my stay was the housekeeping. That is the only reason I am giving it a star. They were quick and responsive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank stanson922
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Came in for the Magic show at the Las Vegas convention center and my stay at the palm was great! I love the fact that it is away from the strip! But you can always catch the free shuttle that runs every 30 min to Caesars palace if you don't want to taxi there! Clean spacious rooms! Nice casino, there are plenty of restaurants on site to choose from even great room device selections! Late night there is a foodcourt if you wanna save a few bucks on dining! Only thing is I suggest you not pick up any items in the minibar if you don't wanna be charged for them, they have these magnets that notify front desk that they have been removed. But just incase you do and don't open the items they can be removed, lol... Check out the pool and rent a day bed or cabana they can be pricey on the weekends, but of course they would be it's the hottest spot to party! Love this place

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Nakeisha C
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

If you want to stay close to the Strip and want to avoid the noise and crouds when at your hotel that is the perfect place!

Don' t miss the pool. Best way to relax and deal with the summer season. 106º F!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Hugossilva
Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My sister and I shared a room at the Palms. We were both very pleased with this property. The rooms were spacious and clean. Free shuttle service to the strip made it convenient so we didn't feel like we were missing out by not being directly on the strip. We went to Ditch Friday and that was fun! Lots of food, drink, and my favorite, people watching! The pool guys and gals were friendly and frequently asked how we were doing or if we needed anything. Our room rate included daily breakfast buffet for the both of us. I would recommend this property!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family