“Pleasant Experience”

Palms Casino Resort
Ranked #79 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 4 April 2006

I have to say that my stay at the Palms was very enjoyable. I stayed there while attending a tradeshow and so didn't get out much. The staff was very pleasant, checking-in, out and during my stay. Room Service was food and service was excellent.

The best part of my stay was the incredible bathroom. It was huge.

The worst part of the stay was probably the paper thin walls and distance to the strip.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,386)

Reviewed 25 February 2006

Hotel was awesome, real clean and basically everything was new. Check in people were very helpful. guest suite in the fantasy tower was very nice. bathroom was huge and had everything you would expect, granite,etc. had a great time. the only knock i have in the buffet downstairs - i almost puked when i ate the salmon. but the little buddah sushi bar was great... will be back for sure

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank ShadyOaks
Virginia
Reviewed 19 February 2006

I enjoyed stayiing at the Palms. If you had an issue or a question you were treated with priority if you were a Palms guest. The beds were heavenly. The Palms is out of the hustle bustle of the srip traffic and made it easy to get around.

• Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 14 February 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Palms for 2 nights in the beginning of February. It was a short trip but we had a great time! Our flight got us in around 10:00 in the morning but we were still able to check in early without any problems. Our room was nice and our bed was very comfortable. We ate at the buffet once and didn't really enjoy it; we learned out lesson not to go back. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel, and mostly spent time on the strip. We went to Ghost Bar the first night, which was great - gorgeous views and good music! Overall we enjoyed our stay, but would like to stay on the strip next time.

Stayed: February 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 12 February 2006

Hotel is catering to the rich and famous! Even though you might drop 5000 there they seem to cater to the celebrity bunch! The service was terrible everywhere and they even closed the elevators down to get to our room for a VIP (someone famous). I definitly would recommend the belagio or the venetian. We ended up leaving the palms early to stay two nights at the venetion and two at the belagio. My take is to see someone famous who acts bigger that you and won't even say high is a joke!

• Stayed: August 2005
22  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego
Reviewed 23 January 2006

I felt compelled to finally write about my Palms experience as I owe it to my fellow travelers, who have helped me tremendously in choosing pleasant accomodations!...Upon check-in for a 2 night stay, the front desk clerk, Marci, greeted us coldly and annoyed with the ever so welcoming "Last name?". Extremely hostile, she punched at the keys on her keyboard, it was obvious she was agitated to have to 'deal' with yet another pestering guest. I asked her for a price adjustment as rates had become less expensive since I booked w/ travelocity. "No, there's nothing I can do for you", she barked. After a few minutes of unneccesary debate she revealed that the only way it could be resolved was through my 'outside' booking source. Not a great first impression but nonetheless, we kept a positive attitude, we were there to relax and enjoy, right?! Our bell man assisted us w/ our bags and was great: very helpful, efficient and COURTEOUS! We had paid for an upgrade to jacuzzi suite at the front desk and soon came to find that Marci had chosen a suite w/ a view(we had requested a nice view)of the building power generator on a floor just beneath noisy drilling/construction. Still we decided to make the most of it...my fiance went downstairs to order champagne for us at the bar. After five minutes of watching the bartender acknowledge everything but him, he was finally greeted with a head nod. He ordered bubbly and seeing as the bar had no other guests, tipped very generously to make up for the lack of business. He did not receive so much as a simple thanks. It was beginning to feel that perhaps we weren't exactly welcomed at the Palms. Long story short: Upon check-out, we decided to try our luck with Marci again. It turns out our prior experience was not a circumstance of her just "having a bad day". Greeted AGAIN angrily by "Last name?!", not a 'how was your stay' or 'how may I help you?' She totalled up our bill to an outrageous total. It turns out she charged us for nearly the entire refridgerator worth of spirits and mixers although we consumed nothing! We proceeded to tell her we had used it for our leftovers from dinner one night but did not use one item and asked why we were still charged. Infuriated, she scolded us, "it's a mini-bar NOT A FRIDGE, I have to charge you." I was stunned! We argued until reluctantly, she told us "half off is as good as I can do". I was furious! Finally, she said she would send someone up to our room to make sure we hadn't consumed anything, and it would be figured out by the time we returned to get our bags(which were kindly held by the bell desk for a few hours). Upon returning to the front desk, we inquired about our bill with a different clerk, who informed us that not a thing was done to reverse a single charge. We were shocked and felt terribly mistreated! The new clerk apologized and said it was no problem to reverse all the charges...we could'nt believe how easy it was resolved after all this turmoil Marci put us through! Overall, the negatives strongly outweighed the positives (bell desk and the comfy beds)with this hotel. We could not wait to get home so we could finally relax and try to recover from our nightmare experience w/ Marci! For all the publicity this hotel gets, we were FAR from impressed! I worked in the hotel industry for five years, am extremely understanding and rarely complain. This was the worst customer service I have EVER received.

• Stayed: October 2005
52  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 January 2006

I had a 1,000 sq. ft. suite on the 53rd floor( I was upgraded; my lifestyle is much closer to Timex than Rolex) with drop-dead views of the strip that even extended to the suburbs beyond.The room was a study in understatement- tastefully decorated with teak accents, a bed and linens of regal quality, and a master bathroom with jacuzzi that borders on the cavernous. The off-strip location is ideal for those with a car who want to avoid the crush of strip traffic and be able to park within a minute or two of the hotels entrance. Try that at some of the 4,000 room strip megaliths. The buffet was good to very good depending on the night chosen, but the real standout--worth a detour in their own right--were the half-pound burgers at the 24/7 coffee shop. One drawback of note:literally inescapable music(of a volume disruptive enough to drown out my cellphone ringing) everywhere on the premises.Excluding the aforementioned caveat,this hotel has it all.

12  Thank guyinAZ