“Rockin Ride”

McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: McGhie's Ski, Bike and Board specializes in personalized, private road and mountain bike tours. We provide a unique experience for individuals, small groups and large corporate events. Tours include pick up and drop off at your hotel, professional guide, bicycle rental, water and basic energy food. We do not believe in a "one size fits all" tour and work hard to make your ride the highlight of your Las Vegas vacation. We are now offering hiking tours of the Red Rock National Conservation Area with the same attention to detail for our guests. It is just you and your guide who is 100% focused on providing the best experience for YOU-not you and 6 strangers. Our goal is always to make your time with McGhie's the highlight of your Las Vegas experience.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rockin Ride”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

WOW what a fantastic experience. My husband and I soooo enjoyed our bike trip with Amy. She did an exceptional job of personal service. Her expertise was evident and her communication fantastic. She was able to coach my husband and myself who had totally different needs yet she did it seamlessly. She was our human GPS. Make no mistake this is a true mountain bike experience! Amy made the trip very enjoyable from the beginning to the end. We had upgraded bikes valued over 3000.00 with exceptional components which made riding rocks an ease. Chris was the bike outpost manager. He was considerate and helpful with an obvious passion for cycling. We absolutely would not have wanted to make this trip without our guide. It was fun and without incidence of any injury. This company has the edge on treating each customer with stellar service! Thanks Amy and Thanks Chris!

Visited August 2014
vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Oh, Debbi
Our job is made so easy by our fantastic guests! I loved the ride with you. It is so fun to share our wonderful valley with folks who want to see something beyond the lights and flash of Las Vegas. You both were good students and took in and applied the tips I gave. You made yourself a success on the bike.
Thank you for an awesome morning and if you make out here again I expect to see you!

Hoersholm, Denmark
“Do NOT hesitate - the best time in Vegas”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was the best way to spend time in Vegas. A guided MTB tour arranged by Amy at McGhies. The very best service and the best ride. We were a group of 3 people riding - chose to upgrade the bikes. Booked on-line which was a smooth process. At first Amy returned that everything was booked and that she would do everything possible to get us riding the trails. This was 3 days ahead of the requested date. Some hours later she returned, that we would be riding with Bobby as a guide, so she pulled it off - awesome!!!! Thanks Amy. We were picked up at our hotel on time and as scheduled. Went to setup the bikes and of course the bikes had already been setup with pedals as ordered and everything else that could be prepared in advance. All we had to do was to adjust the seat height. Off to the trail and then we just had the best 2 hours of tough technical climbs, awesome downhill trails and in general very technical challenges. All based on the planning we had made with Bobby prior to riding. Absolutely perfect and the best ride ever in the US.
Thank you Amy for making this happen!! I will be back next time I visit Las Vegas.

Visited August 2014
vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for the excellent review, Jesper! We are so happy that it worked out. It was a result of great communication from you. We are pretty good about getting back to you in a timely manner, and you responding in kind made it a lot easier for me.
Our team is awesome and do a great job of making your tour go smoothly. So your thanks go to Chris the Outpost manager for having your bikes dialed in and to Bobby for the excellent ride are right on the money.
I am happy I was able to meet you out at our rental location and see your big smiles after your ride. We look forward to seeing on your next visit to Las Vegas!
San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What an amazing ride”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked a guided road ride as I had a free day in Las Vegas. Best thing I could have done!
Great organization and coordination before the ride. Amy picked me up from my hotel on the day and was so welcoming. Took me for the 30 mile ride which was a perfect mix of scenery and cycling with some climbing as well. She said I could go further if I wanted but by the time I got back I found it was the perfect distance. Which left me feeling really happy after the ride and also feeling I had done some work as well.

I would totally recommend using these guys as customer service is number one and they make you feel welcome from the start and the whole experience is all centered around you.

Thanks you Amy for and amazing time.

Visited August 2014
Ah Justin it was such a fun, fun day on the road with you! The weather was perfect and your stories and experiences made it so interesting for me. I am so happy you liked the Pinarello and sorry if that makes you want a new bike :)
I sincerely hope that you return to Vegas in the near future so we can go through the loop or check out Lake Mead.
Thank you so much for the kind review!
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“No need to look further!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After reading rave reviews about Amy I decided to book a mountain bike ride. I booked 2 days before my arrival in Vegas and had no problem confirming the reservation and getting in touch with Amy.

As a road cyclist I was afraid of the rough terrain but my fears were put aside with Amys professional instruction and encouragement. On the fly we created a route to fit my ability and risk tolerance. We had so much fun!

The bikes were in great condition. I recommend upgrading to the Cannondale Scalpel. What a bike! Between the equipment and Amy I would only be successful in this endeavour!

Love the personal touch that you get with a pickup-drop off at your hotel. Makes 6am much more tolerable!

I'd recommend McGhies to anyone regardless of experience. There's lots of trails for any level. Get out there and have fun!

5 Thank Allison P
vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for the great review, Alli! It was a fantastic day on the trails, made even better by your "can do" attitude and the nice cloud cover. We covered a lot of terrain and that was due to your great fitness level. There are so many layers to the desert and this enabled me to show you how different each section of the trails is from the others.
Chris does a great job in keeping the bikes in tip top condition and it was nice that you appreciated the smooth ride of the Cannondale Scalpel.
We hope you come back to ride with us again so we can show you some more of our beautiful landscape...and hopefully the donkeys will show for a photo or two!
Montreal
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“What a ride!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked a bike ride for 2 people. Amy, our amazing guide, was emailing back and forth to determine what type of ride we would like etc. Normally the bike tour would be at the Red Rock Canyon but I asked Amy to take us somewhere else since I've seen the Red Rock Canyon before. She suggested that we go to Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam. Amy brought food and enough water for us which was great cause we really needed it.

Let me emphasise that it's a PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR so it was just us and her which made it even better. Amy came to pick us up at our hotel early in the morning around 6 am to avoid the heat. She drove us to Lake Mead, setup the bikes and we rode a mining trail over looking Lake Mead, it was amazing! We stopped to take pictures and Amy added some history and facts about the Lake so it was pretty cool. We then stopped at the Hoover Dam, we got to see it from the Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge and then we biked all the way down to the Hoover Dam itself and walked across it.

I clicked on more than 3 hours for the recommended length of visit that's because we had to drive to Lake Mead. If it was to the Red Rock Canyon, I'm sure it would've been under 3 hours.

It's honestly one of the best tours or activities I've done in Las Vegas .... a must do!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank WK316
vegasbike, Manager at McGhie's Guided Bicycle and Hiking Tours, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for your great review! Although it was really hot for our ride, the company, scenery and very interesting conversation made it an awesome day for me, too!
The excellent communication you provided made it so easy for me to plan a great ride for you. And despite not being avid cyclists, your "can do" attitude made the day perfect.
Thank you both for allowing me to ask so many questions-you have fascinating backgrounds and I loved hearing about your interesting lives. If you decide to ride on a return trip to Las Vegas, I will try to come up with something different and equally cool!