I've been to Las Vegas around 8 times and stayed at MGM this last trip (4/9/14-4/12/14). We felt nickel and dimed like crazy. Went with 3 other girlfriends for a quick get away. The hotel location is great, the Executive suite is nice as it has 2 double beds and a pull out sofa and they have a nice café restaurant and that's about it.
1. Took forever to get checked in. Must of had a line of 20+ people and not enough people checking you in.
2. They charge $17-25 PER DRINK at the pool. Had a basic Malibu Bay drink in an avg solo cup size glass and was $17. Ridiculous! Would have stayed by the pool longer but refused to spend so much on basic drinks.
3. Went to the buffet and learned they charge around $42 per person! (at least for dinner on a Fri night).
4. Upon arrival, they told me they charge me a "resort fee" which would be $80 over the 3 nights we'd be staying there. Includes access to the workout room so thought it was ok but only other things you get w/that is WIFI, newspaper, basic things. Then they never left a newspaper at the door. We learned that you'd have to go to a specific place w/in the casino to pick one up.
5. When we went to check out, they must have had 10 charges from the mini bar...yet no one took anything from the mini bar. Learned the fridge has movement sensors so if you move anything to put in your own water bottle, you get charged. They said in the future, a guest can "rent" a fridge for $25 for their own things. GIVE ME A BREAK.
I will not be staying at the MGM again as I felt nickeled and dimed with everything.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.