“Went to see a show at the MGM”

Casino at the MGM Grand
Book In Advance
More Info
US$51.99*
and up
Brad Garrett's Comedy Club at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #78 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Huge entertainment and gaming complex features a dazzling casino, several theaters for Broadway-style productions, live entertainers and more than thirteen dining venues.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Did not spend too much time here except to see a comedy show. There seemed to be plenty of people walking to and from the bars, lounges, and restaurants. I would go back to see more of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"roulette"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The home of the world's most famous slot machine that was accessible and playable. Sadly, we left the big prize for the next guy. The place is clean and neat and does not reek of cigarette smoke. The sports book is the nicest on the strip and a great place to rest a spell and drink a beer. Of all the casionos we have toured, we like this one the best by far.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've been to Las Vegas around 8 times and stayed at MGM this last trip (4/9/14-4/12/14). We felt nickel and dimed like crazy. Went with 3 other girlfriends for a quick get away. The hotel location is great, the Executive suite is nice as it has 2 double beds and a pull out sofa and they have a nice café restaurant and that's about it.

The Bad:
1. Took forever to get checked in. Must of had a line of 20+ people and not enough people checking you in.
2. They charge $17-25 PER DRINK at the pool. Had a basic Malibu Bay drink in an avg solo cup size glass and was $17. Ridiculous! Would have stayed by the pool longer but refused to spend so much on basic drinks.
3. Went to the buffet and learned they charge around $42 per person! (at least for dinner on a Fri night).
4. Upon arrival, they told me they charge me a "resort fee" which would be $80 over the 3 nights we'd be staying there. Includes access to the workout room so thought it was ok but only other things you get w/that is WIFI, newspaper, basic things. Then they never left a newspaper at the door. We learned that you'd have to go to a specific place w/in the casino to pick one up.
5. When we went to check out, they must have had 10 charges from the mini bar...yet no one took anything from the mini bar. Learned the fridge has movement sensors so if you move anything to put in your own water bottle, you get charged. They said in the future, a guest can "rent" a fridge for $25 for their own things. GIVE ME A BREAK.

I will not be staying at the MGM again as I felt nickeled and dimed with everything.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I like the casino here.

First, let's talk about the good:

A very nice blend of almost every type of game imaginable, and a lot of options for all sorts of gambling budgets.

The casino is very large, but I found it very easy to navigate. It was well lit, clean, and well maintained.

The staff at the table games were helpful and friendly.

I have asthma, and generally can't spend large amounts of time inside a casino because the smoke starts getting to me. They seem to manage it very well here. The ceilings are high, and the ventilation is very good. The only time it really bothered me was when someone lit up next to me or I walked by someone smoking.

Bathrooms were well-kept and clean. I went to several other casinos, and in general, the MLife casinos had nice restrooms that were well-kept and clean.

Suggestions for improvement:

A large, non-smoking area would be nice.

I liked the way Harrah's had their video poker machines grouped, and they had an abundance of them, all in one location. There, there was always room for my wife and I to sit together and play.

In fact, the games at the MGM seem relatively spread out, especially slots and video poker. More organization would make particular games easier to find.

All in all, I liked my stay at the hotel and my time in the casino.