“Best Casino for Beginners! ”

Casino at the Stratosphere
Ranked #144 of 456 things to do in Las Vegas
Antwerp, Belgium
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Casino for Beginners! ”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This was my very first trip to Las Vegas and after an excursion to the other Casinos I found them quite intimidating for a first timer, with all the rules and crowds you feel you're gonna do something wrong, but not here! Not only is the staff mega friendly and helpful but the dynamic is much better. I am sticking to this hotel and casino for my next trips. Absolutely a must!!!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Strarosphere great view but no atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The views from the Stratosphere was very good you can literally see right out over the whole of Vegas from up there. The view was spectacular. I was also impressed with the food and the service was first class.
Then downstairs to take in a show again Vegas style top class entertainment.
Word of caution do not try the thrill rides on the roof, especialy the big shot after you have eaten not a good idea,
Bonus was a hamburger joint on the ground floor that had singing staff and they were awe some seriously amazing it was like being transported back to the 60s or something you would see on Glee.

Visited November 2013
Sacramento
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Recently Renovated Rooms”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is my third visit to the ' Stratosphere ', in the last two years, and you cannot beat the value for your money at this hotel. First off, they have renovated the rooms in the ' Select Tower ' and the staff graciously upgraded my rooms ( I had booked two ) when I could not get ' adjoining rooms in the ' Select Tower '. They also advised me to book a ' suite ', in the future, to save time and money. They now offer ' free basic ' internet WiFi , a plus for families traveling with teens. I would advise booking your room, on the 8th Floor, in the ' Select Tower ', for easier access to the pool. I believe that having the pool located above ground level, helps keep the water from becoming tepid during the hot summer months ?

Visited April 2014
Plymouth, Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the Blackjack!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

One of my "must do's" while visiting Vegas for the first time was to learn to play Blackjack. Going on a recommendation from a seasoned Vegas visitor, I chose to visit the casino at the Stratosphere at mid-day to learn how. I quickly located an available dealer at a table that I could afford and admitted that I had never played. The dealer was quite helpful in "showing me the ropes". While the Stratosphere is not the most modern casino on the Strip, it was a very welcoming place to learn to play.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank George S
Boonville Ny
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Visit the Stratosphere if you want to see EVERYTHING!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Went up to the Stratosphere, which is 104 stories tall, and you can literally see everything. The Mojave dessert, mountains, and the strip. Watching the 3 rides gave me goosebumps....would never go on one, but a lot of people did. Brave is all I can say. It is a real experiences, one you shouldn't miss.

Visited September 2013