“Best 80's Band on Fridays”

Texas Station Casino
Ranked #261 of 462 things to do in Las Vegas
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stopped in because we heard about an 80's band called 80's Station and they were fabulous! They are by far the best 80's band we have ever heard. They played a nice variety of music and sounded quite a bit like the original artists. We were impressed.

The casino is large and spacious. It is a little on the smokey side and they have a limited number of table games but everyone we talked to was friendly. We will be back just to see the 80's Station.

2  Thank ttslaw
Robert R, Manager at Texas Station Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello ttslaw,

Thanks for your Texas Station Casino review! Glad to hear you enjoyed our 80's cover band, they rock the South Padre lounge every week. Look forward to your future visits, thanks again!

Robert R.

There are newer reviews for Texas Station Casino

Reviewed 14 January 2014

So lets see how to put this. To start they call themselves a local casino and the marketing slogan is We Luv Locals. So if they treat locals horrible can you just think how they will treat someone who is not a local. I started off playing in the Poker Room. I have to say the room supervisor was playing in the game and what a negative attitude he had to the game and the company he works for. It was truly amazing that what other poker players get warned about or even asked to leave for he was doing. Of course cocktail service was very very slow took 1 hour from the time I sat down till the time I was actually served.

I then go to the Black Jack Table. I was treated just ok but cocktail service was just so bad that I actually had to walk over to the waitress station to get my beverage cause 3 of them were standing around gossiping. So I decide to leave and go get something to eat. I go to the cashiers cage and have to wait to get my money cause they have to verify that the chips I had came from the Table I was at. What a Joke that is they take your hundred dollars bills quickly but when it comes to getting them back they sure do not want to give them up. To top that off when I ask why it is taking so long the cashier gives me an attitude.

I should have left after that but I was hungry and wanted to get something to eat. I order T bone steak medium rare. The server up sells me to a loaded bake potato. I waited and waited but my food was not coming out. In fact several other people who came in after me got their food before me. So I asked who appeared to be a manager were my food was. The food comes out the steak is cold and well done not medium rare like I asked and the up sell of a loaded bake potato was just plain. The worse part I paid my bill in advance and tipped the server who did not deserve it.

So on the way out I decide to play some slot machines. They had a promotion going on call Jumbo Cash. Every minute someone is suppose to win some cash. I played 1400.00 in what seemed a short amount of time. I never won any bonus money or never got one four of a kind. You would think 1400.00 dollars you would get some play time and win some cash back and get at least one four of a kind. But in my opinion they have the machines set so tight. I asked the slot personnel to get a supervisor for me so I can ask why no Bonus Cash was won or even if anyone won some bonus cash. So of course the supervisor just went to lunch. The same supervisor who was watching me play and saw I was getting annoyed because absolutely nothing was paying. So then said I was going to file a complaint with the Gaming Control Board for falsely promoting a promotion. This was on December 26th that all this happened. So Texas Station Security wants to trespass me cause I was highly upset over this poor treatment and wanting to notify Gaming Control Board over this so called Promotion that I did not get back one dollar in the process of losing 1400.00. Security wants to trespass me which is fine it is private property and they have that choice, but what is funny they are still sending me invites for various things to come back in.

3  Thank Danny C
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Expect a clean ok room....casino is nice and odds are better then strip... booze is cheap. Still waiting 3 days now for my refund on security and service fees...that should be faster.. add 15 dollars in service fees.....food is value but not great....give it a C+ We got the room dirt cheap on whor deal so I feel better...

1  Thank Mark W

Hello Mark W,

Thank you for your Texas Station Casino review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide affordable, clean, and fun experiences when visiting our hotel and casino. See you soon, thanks!

Robert R.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

While in Vegas I decided to visit Santa Fe Station casino which was very fun and loved but after enjoying my stay there I dropped into Texas Station and out of bored feelings of winning too much from one casino to another I decided to just drop $200-300 in this place within 30 min between black jack, $1 slots, 25 cents, penny slots etc.. and spend my vacation money.. did not win anything but the casino did offer me 3 nights comp'd ever since.. nothing really outstanding looking in this casino just a typical North Vegas casino with some well Texas theme to it.. but Station's in general treat there customers very well especially the local's as I know.. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again unless I wanted to claim the comp rooms.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

i recently visited the Las Vegas area on a personal matter, not pleasure. I never was much of a gambling man because I felt it is throwing money away with no real pleasure involved, so I never went to a casino. I will drop money on hobbies and anything else that is fun. My brother and I went to lunch at the Texas Station Casino with relatives and the meal selection was absolutely breathtaking. Every style of meal from Asian to Cajun was there and I sampled a little of each. I highly recommend this to anyone coming into the area for a reasonably priced, but outstanding experience.

My most moving experience was when my brother encouraged me to go with him to the craps table. I have no clue how to play any game other than Blackjack, and have never been to Vegas as an adult. I watched him for a bit as he placed bets on different sections and spoke in a strange language understood by the three dealers at the table. I didn't want to look like a fool, so I hesitated to place my little $5 bet. One of the dealers noticed I looked like I was lost and immediately started to explain the game to me. He recommended different placements and if i placed my chips on a section that may not increase my odds, he explained that it may not be the better choice, and helped me place it in a better position. I started at 3pm with $25 which last until 9pm. I was up over $100 several times but was having an absolute blast as the dice was thrown, bets were flying, and I actually understood the game with the help of the staff. I am not one to empty my bank account or do anything foolish, but I have no problem on dropping money when I am having a great time. The staff encouraged, instructed, and made my first gambling experience in 53 years an incredible time. Kudos to Texas Station. All in all, I dropped $135 total, was free provided beverages, and won't soon forget the fun it was. Your dealers are funny, extremely friendly, and although the odds were against me, I feel I came out ahead of Texas Station that night. The staff displayed a genuine desire to help, and offered hints on different strategies that increased my winnings. I could have walked out with four times my initial investment if that was my purpose, but I was looking to have some fun that night, and they helped me get there. Thank you Texas Station, and I will see you again.

1  Thank Fiberguy1960