“mellow but next to the strip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo

Hilton Grand Vacations at the Flamingo
Ranked #21 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“mellow but next to the strip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is my third stay at HGVC Flamingo in about 5 years. Yeah, the rooms are starting to need new furniture and mattresses, but this is still a great place to hang your hat if you want to be close to the action but not have the frat party next door (at least in the non-pool months).

What I like:
Very attentive staff with good attitudes.
Pool open in January, and warm!
Deli has great food at reasonable rates.
Sizable little grocery and liquor store 1 block away with normal prices (by Battistas).
Right next to the monorail for those of us who are in town for business at the convention center.
Great tub after a day of walking.
Kitchen (or in my studio - a minifridge/toaster/coffee maker/microwave.
Nice view of the Flamingo grounds
Mellow grounds for morning coffee.

What I noticed I missed compared to other places I have stayed:
A comfortable chair (not a fan of the pullout couch)
A work desk instead of the silly little round table.
The doors are not quiet when closing.
A hotel bar for a nightcap (though the Flamingo is 2 minutes away).
The mattress wasn't outstanding like some places I have stayed.
Character - the room lacks character, although it is functional and comfortable.

But the location can't be beat, it is "small" compared to the massive strip hotels, and has nice places to hang out in the lobby and on the grounds, so, I'll likely stay there again next time I am in town.

Room Tip: Check Ebay for deals from owners
1 Thank auroraclubjazz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great location on strip but the quite and comfort of a non casino. I was able to get anywhere on the strip in seconds, but it was not a noisy loud casino. I have used in the past and I will use again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Comfortable HGVC. Needs some updating but overall it's nice. I liked fact that I didn't have to get dressed, wait in line, order food & wait to have breakfast, which at any hotel/casino can cost up to $50; or walk thru a loud smokey casino.

• Stayed December 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a full week and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and the suite was exceptional!

We stayed on the 8th floor in the South Tower and that was very convenient for the parking garage as well as for entering into the casino through the Flamingo entrance.

We felt that the furniture was in great shape, the room was well appointed and everything worked really well!

The little cafe downstairs also had very tasty and well priced food, and we really enjoyed the service there.

Initially, we did find that are air conditioning did not cool as well as we had expected. However, we called to the front desk and they took care of it immediately.

The location of this facility couldn't have been better! We were right in the middle of the strip, and could see practically everything that we wanted to with an easy walk. Why we didn't use it, the monorail was right there at our location.

We would definitely return to this location!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtland, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Well.... let me just say...that definitely...what happens in Vegas ..stays in Vegas!! Having said that I can only tell you bits and pieces about our stay. First we've been twice now. The first trip was a business trip in September 2009 for my husband so it was just my expenses that we actually had to pay for. We stayed there for 10 days/9 nights and 'my oh my' what an awesome time we had! We upgraded (for free) as soon as we checked in and our room was overlooking the strip. If you know where the Flamingo is then you will know we were in the middle of everything right across from Caesars Palace. We neg. a couple of day trips and the one most exciting was the Grand Canyon day trip. We left at 6am and returned at 9pm. It was worth every minute. Just magnificent! The Hoover Dam was a favorite of my husbands. The Flamingo is one of the 'original' hotels and it was a great feeling to know some big names stayed there and walked the same halls. The second trip was actually in November 2011. My husband and I took our daughter and her boyfriend for her 21st birthday. That was a shorter 5 day/4 night trip. They really enjoyed all the sites and Freemont St. I really can't say too much more...well I can BUT really..what happens in Vegas.. stays in Vegas!

Room Tip: Ask for free upgrade when you check in.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great location if you want to be in the heart of the strip without the smoke and noise of the casino hotel. It's also next to the tram station so ideal to go to Convention Center and other locations across town. The room is perfectly design for couples and families looking to spend some quality time in Vegas with really nice outside swimming pool and Jacuzzi.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

As a HGVC owner from another location, I liked this property and location. It is very close to everything in Vegas but not right on the strip with noise and the not so nice things in Vegas.

I stayed in a studio room which I found a bit small but it did have a spa bath which was nice.

I used the shop and had the coffee from there a few times and that was good.

I hear that refurbishments and improvements are planned for this property and will look forward to experiencing these on my next stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo