I recently stayed at the Desert Rose Resort in Las Vegas, departing August 31.
It is near perfect and a bargain at that. The hotel is located just behind Hooters Casino about a block and a half from the MGM grand. With good weather it takes about 7 minutes brisk walking to reach the MGM grand and you can take a short cut through the MGM and exit on the strip. In summer the temperature is rather hot 105 F and so if you want to avoid too much sun exposure you would need an umbrella in the day to make the walk. Otherwise its fine and nicely located allowing easy access to the strip. In the nights it’s a breeze.
The great plus with this hotel is that it provides a reasonable breakfast, which is rare even for most hotels in Las Vegas. Of course you would want to sample some of the sumptuous buffets at the casino hotels from time to time, but a free breakfast helps to cut costs and gives you the power of choice. The other plus is that there is no resort fee charged which can amount to about $20 dollars per room per night at the other casino hotels. The most notable thing about the rooms is that the standard room is 650 square feet!. That's right, with separate living dining and kitchen areas and a patio to boot! In that respect it is very similar to the other all suite hotels that you may be familiar with e.g. Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn and Suites, Springhill Suites and others. You get all amenities e.g. fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, plates, cups, glasses, cooking utensils etc. I was fortunate to book in the summer and the promotion running offered the fourth night for a penny. You could not beat that anywhere. (I checked) So I highly recommend the Desert Rose Resort. It is a nice all suite hotel, with 2 televisions, full concierge services, free wireless internet, no resort fees, free breakfast and evening treats and a quick walk to the strip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1.5 blocks from the Las Vegas Strip, Desert Rose Resort provides you with great access to all the glitz and glam of Las Vegas along with all the gracious pleasures of a resort hotel. Settle into one and two-bedroom condo suites in Las Vegas with fully equipped kitchens and comfortable living and dining areas – all beautifully decorated with sleek, contemporary furnishings and a rich color palette. Desert Rose Resort’s pool is an oasis, a truly relaxing and refreshing hideaway – dramatically different from the crush of people at some Vegas hotels. Lucky you, Desert Rose Resort is a winning deal in Las Vegas - without stepping foot in a casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Desert Rose Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Rose Hotel Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Las Vegas
- Desert Rose Resort Las Vegas