“Rude. Poor.”
Review of Ri Ra

Ri Ra
Reserve with OpenTable
Ri Ra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 4,850 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Description: Rí Rá Irish Pub epitomizes a true Irish pub experience. A comfortable neighborhood environment where conversation flows as smoothly as Guinness ebbs in the glass. Constructed from a pub meticulously restored in Ireland then shipped to Las Vegas, it’s a hotspot for locals and visitors alike, offering an impressive line-up of live music, a comprehensive drink list and fare that defies pub standards.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Rude. Poor.”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

After being shepherded through to an incredibly busy table round the back, as my family and ordered I was informed that I wasn't going to be allowed to drink alcohol as Ri Ra's does not accept a UK driving license as valid ID (I'm 25).

While I don't have a problem with this per se (although it is nothing short of ridiculous), I was informed that this was because it is Mandalay Bay policy.

When I attempted to log onto the venue's WiFi and failed, my already unapologetic waitress told me that signal in the restaurant is pretty choppy and is stronger in the bar. Of course, however, I wouldn't be allowed in the bar area as I didn't have valid ID.

Moving on, food good, decent price, no moans there. Would like to have tried a guinness dish, but as you can probably guess I didn't want to be told I didn't have valid ID for the third time.

At the end of the meal, the manager was doing the rounds and asked us if our meal was satisfactory. We informed her of the ID issue, which had ruined the experience, and the unapologetic waitress, and she was unfortunately equally miserly.

She stressed it was Ri Ra policy (not Mandalay Bay, as previously stated) that I wouldn't be served.

An inconsistent, WiFi-less, miserable experience. I thought the Irish were hospitable!!

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Winston-Salem,NC
“Good food,decent value”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Best value we found in 3 days..good specials..outstanding beer selection...very amusing waiter (Ed, with a spectacularly fake Irish accent). I had the Guinness stew, quite good as were the chicken noodle soup.

Visited November 2013
Bloomington, Illinois
“Good solid food”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Had lunch here and the setting was pretty cool. I had the Roast Beef sandwich while my wife had the seafood chowder. Both were tasty. While it wasn't a life changing experience, I would eat there again. The waiter was good and bonus points for letting me know they just got Dogfish Head 90 Minute (one of my favorites) in that week (negative points to the restaurant for the price of the beer, though I understand they're in a resort).

I did appreciate that the music wasn't blasting so I could actually hear my wife speak without shouting. And the music wasn't the ever present club music that has saturated Vegas.

• Visited November 2013
istanbul
“Breakfast! Full Irish”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Ah! I was craving proper beans on toast just as I saw the sign for breakfast at this establishment. I recommend it! The portion was HUGE with 2 eggs, 2bangers, 2 rashes of bacon, oatcakes, 2 toasts, beans and a grilled tomato...

The coffee was a superior brew and served in a french press.

My only suggestion is to warm the plates. Mine was cold.

I heard the fellas at the next table order Irish coffee and guineas chasers...!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Guinness was cold”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Guinness was cold. The fish was pretty good. The prices are reasonable (for Vegas) The service was great last year and terrible this time. The waiter started out fantastic, funny and personable. Made great recommendations. As the evening went on, things took an odd turn. Perhaps the waiter was covering too many tables... I don't know. Getting our bill correct was a calamity.

I doubt I will return in my next visit.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Ri Ra? Share your experiences!