“So wrong- and yet so much fun!”
Review of The Gun Store

The Gun Store Tactical Package
Ranked #20 of 289 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Gun Store opened in 1988 and has been your favorite indoor range and retail store ever since! We have private VIP ranges great for bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate events or any special occasion! We feature lead free, frangible ammunition for the health and safety of our customers. TGS offers Firearms Safety courses for adults and children, Ladies Shooting and Free CCW classes. Ask us about our Shotgun Weddings, Vow Renewals and Commitment Ceremonies! Located just 3.5 Miles east of the strip we are a quick cab or shuttle ride away! History In 1988, owner Bob Irwin found himself alongside three other employees of what was then The Survival Store East - a steadily running shooting range and retail store. From the start, Bob was aware of the considerable possibilities that came with such a unique business. In 1988, he took over the company and it became known as The Gun Store. The Gun Store has become one of Las Vegas' top places to visit, catering to tourists from all around the world and exhibiting a vast selection of firearms in both the retail store and shooting range. We offer a clean environment, featuring lead-free and frangible ammunition for our customers' health and safety. Our well-trained and friendly staff will ensure your visit to The Gun Store is one of many. Bob Irwin founded the world famous 'The Gun Store' in Las Vegas, NV and he is the originator of the innovative 'Machine Gun Tourism' phenomenon that has grown hugely popular with Las Vegas tourists. Bob is certified by the National Rifle Association as a civilian handgun, shotgun, home defense and firearms safety instructor as well as a Training Counselor. He is also certified by Nevada Peace Officer Standards and Training as a law enforcement firearms instructor and a law enforcement firearms instructor trainer. In addition, Mr. Irwin served as a Bailiff for Clark County Justice Courts for 22 years and the Boulder Constable's Office for 26 years. Mr. Irwin additionally consults as an expert witness in firearms related court trials. He hosts the "Fired Up! With Bob Irwin" television and radio shows every Saturday.
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was really concerned about doing this but my husband was desperate to go so off we went. it is a little way away from the strip but we had a great ex-military taxi driver who kept us entertained. Once you have got over your moral outrage over the idea of shooting guns at targets that look like Osama Bin Laden (the most popular choice but there are another 9 to choose from) it is loads of fun. And it turns out I'm a natural! You choose your guns at the start and there are loads to choose from, including the coalition package, or you can choose individual guns. There is a ladies package with a pink rifle! You are given the ammunition and choose your targets and join the queue. There is always a big queue but there's loads to see so you don't get bored. Inevitably there are lots of stag dos there and the girls who work at the gunstore put the stag in a tiny pink tank top and pink beanie hat to shoot.
When you get to the end of the queue you put on glasses and ear defenders and go through to the booth with your instructor. They show you what to do and then you shoot. It is a real experience and one not to be missed.

2  Thank dlchis
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"trip to vegas"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2012

The Gun Store is a 15 min drive from the strip. Come early to avoid queues - we waited 50 mins at 11am. You purchase one of the 'packages' that dictates what guns you'll shoot and how many rounds, and then choose your paper targets. Once you make it to the head of the queue, you're kitted with earmuffs and goggles and taken into the range with an instructor. We chose the 'Zombie' package; we shot a handgun, a sniper rifle, a pump-action shotgun and an Uzi. I am a girl with little gun-shooting experience, and was a little overwhelmed by the noise initially - I recommend also using EARPLUGS under the earmuffs - the staff found me some, and it really helped. Very fun morning and not something you get to do everyday!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

If you want excitement, fear, adrenaline or just an experience, this is a must in Vegas. Go before 12 noon possibly in the week, as weekends has large queues, no need to book, just queue up, choose what gun you want to use sign and pay at desk, then you wait if not full approximately half an hour and then you wait for your goggles and earphones and your instructor will show you the rest,

The instructor is with you throughout your session and then you get to take pictures at the end.

Fantastic experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

For the record, I was thrilled with this experience, as opposed to the business itself.

It was worth the bus ride out to this place for a fun shooting experience. I got there early for opening (9:00am), as other TA reviews suggested, to avoid line-ups. There were only about 4 people in front of me, and that took a surprisingly long time to wait through. I would hate to be waiting through any significant line-up.

While I was there I shot 5 shells of the 12-guage shotgun, and 50 rounds of the Uzi machine gun, which cost $75 - plus the cost of two targets (I'm partial to zombies). It was a bonus to have the very accommodating, and beautiful, Jackie as my shooting instructor.

The reason for the lower review score is the misleading price-list and advertising. Their website and brochure advertises the 12-guage shotgun for $25 for 10 shells (as I write this review, their web site still advertises this). When signing in before the line-up, I specifically requested the "12-guage shotgun with 10 shells for $25," to which the Gun Store employee acknowledged. What I got was a 5 shells. I don't appreciate the false advertising. Change your ads if you can't give customers what you advertise.

Based on the latter experience, the over-popularity of this place, and the fact that there are a few other shooting range options in Vegas, I will go elsewhere on my next trip to Vegas.

2  Thank product-of-canada
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We arrived at The Gun Store at about noon on a Friday. First you choose your shooting package and targets with the staff outside (virtually no line!), and then they usher you into the waiting area inside (this is where the line begins). Although there were only about 10-12 people in line when we arrived, we had to wait for over 90 minutes (after we had paid--no going back!) to get in to shoot. People who showed up even 20 minutes after us would have had to wait much longer--I think close to 3 hours. The people in line when we left just after 2pm would probably have been there until closing.

Once we got shooting, the experience was great. The staff were very knowledgeable and made us (all newbies!) feel very comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this place but plan to go first thing in the morning when they open! Any later and the experience will take most of your day.