“Small zoo”
Review of Southern Nevada Zoo - CLOSED

Southern Nevada Zoo
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Well it was great to see the Foosa but only a small zoo. It doesn't take long to beet around the zoo. A nice way to spend an hour or two away from the main areas. on the day we went there were only a few locals visiting.

3  Thank Sally15333

Reviewed 3 December 2012

This is awful for Las Vegas as a local to see this type of zoo atmosphere. The cages are entirely too small for the animals!!! The birds seemed a bit wild!! Was more fear than excitement! The smell was too much to handle and the kids were asking to leave after their ice cream. Not proud of this zoo at all!!!

9  Thank Equal-Platforms
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This Zoo was small and very quiet. The animals are well cared for and seem to be thriving. It has a nice walking area with shade trees and some benches. The animals are in cages, and their habitats are not like larger zoos. But they have tired to give the animals more than just "Life in a Cage". When there we met the newest addition a Joey named Daisey, who was just coming out of Momma's pouch. The trainers interact with the animals at feeding time and the animals seem to be happy. It was a nice diversion from the noisey crowded "Strip", and the Zoo reminded me of zoos when I was a child. It was a nice way to spend a few hours.

3  Thank RCMaui
Reviewed 21 October 2012

the Las Vegas Zoo is horrible! they are trying to make a profit at the animals expense! The enclosures were swimming with mice, the african gray parrots had plucked most of their feathers out, the goats have soars on their knees, the large 6+ foot snake is in a 5ft cage and cannot even move! they have a lion in a very small space and she has scars all over her body, the fish pond is so filthy you cant even see the fish! there are no toys in the parrot cages, and they only feed them sunflower seeds and a few pieces of fruit ( not a healthy diet! )
this place is a poor excuse for a zoo! do not go here unless you want to cry after! I hope this place goes out of business and these poor animals can go to a place where they are humanely cared for! Shame on you Las Vegas zoo!

5  Thank poohbird
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I took my kids to the zoo today and they loved it. Before we went I read some reviews and most made this place seem like the worse place ever. However I haves different opinion. We need places like this in Las Vegasand appreciate what the owners are doing with this place as I believe they do what they can with what they have. I wish the zoo could get more funding and donations. Instead of people trying to get it shutdown, why don't they help to make it better?

Pl