“I did learn something.......”
Review of Southern Nevada Zoo - CLOSED

Southern Nevada Zoo
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I was shocked to walk by a caged Raven and it said "Hello" I had no clue that Ravens could say anything. A Keeper said it also says I love you...... A lion who kept growling at me lots of macaws. Some of the water looked dirty. There is a petting zoo area that consists of goats. The Zoo is very very small. If you have small children they will enjoy it - I found it to be rather ho hum.

4  Thank nano262

Reviewed 21 February 2013

small zoo, very small enclosures. poor lioness looked half dead, was in a small pen and could barely turn around. the coy pond was discusting looked like it was all sludge. the smaller animals like the foosa and tortises as well as birds looked in good shape.

5  Thank Staticfire229
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The conditions at this zoo are completely deplorable! The cages are unbelievably small, the animals don't look healthy, it's filthy, and the place stinks!!! I can't believe that no one has yet been able to shut this place down. I honestly can not believe that anyone can look at those poor animals and think the conditions they are living in are in any way acceptable. It is inhumane to allow this to continue. The owner should be charged and thrown in jail.

14  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I visited the Las Vegas Zoo today, mainly to see for myself the conditions of the animals and their environment. I was very saddened by the cramped and isolated conditions that these animals live. The lioness we were told has allergies and that is why her nose and forehead is blackened by her incessant rubbing. She lives alone, but deserves to be in a sanctuary where she has room to roam, grass to roll and other lions to socialize.

I also agree with the person who wrote about the cramped conditions of a large snake. It was the Africa Python, who looked like it was at least 3 times longer than the glass containment that it was in and had filthy water as well.

It seems like the young people who were working in the Zoo today cared about the animals, so I'm sorry to say this, but I believe it is time to remove most of the animals to sanctuaries where they have proper living conditions and not condone these operations any longer.

10  Thank StacyJames