Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis
Ranked #133 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Palmdale, California
“Flop”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband I recently stayed at this hotel and was very displeased. Pool was loaded with bugs, per the desk clerk the pool man had just been there but by the looks of this there was no evidence of such a visit, jacuzzi was not heated and trying to relax and unwind after a long roadtrip in cold water this just was not happening. Asked the desk clerk about this and he said it was because no one had used it and to check back in a hour and it would be warm. Well I checked and it was still cold! When checking out the luggage trolley could not be located, I really don't think any of the staff even bothered to try to locate it, we were on the third floor and this would have been a big help taking the luggage down and mind you it wasn't around when we checked in either. Breakfast consisted of some sort of egg substance, instant pancake material and no fresh fruit! If you just want to flop this is the place don't expect the amenities to be clean and working! You would think that for the price $100+ per night after taxes that things would be better.The only good thing I can say about the room is that it was clean and the A/C was adequate. I don't think that we will stay here again!

Room Tip: No luggage trolley and pool/spa not clean or working!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank K R
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Flop,
I first and foremost want to offer my most sincere apology. My staff did bring to my attention that the luggage carts were missing and were in guests rooms. As far as the pool and the spa, I will be looking into that and speaking with maintenance. You see hotels everyday and rely on the hotel to be clean, professional, and have great guest service. It is completely unacceptable and very disappointing to hear about your experience. Here at the Holiday Inn Express in Las Vegas we strive for and take pride in great guest service. I never want a guest to leave dissatisfied with their stay or dissatisfied with how an issue was handled. I assure you I will bring this up with my staff and have a resolution immediately.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dundas, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We've been staying at a lot of Holiday Inn's on our vacation and have more still to stay at. The HI - Nellis was OK. I had to remind the front desk clerk, who was very nice, that I was a rewards member and should have received a welcome bag. I did get the bag with a bottle of water and some dandruff shampoo. I then had to spin a wheel to get an extra "prize". This seemed kinda cheezy to me. I understand each HI is going to be different, but would expect some things to stay the same. The last 3 HI's we were at had complimentary cookies in the evenings. HI - Nellis had a wheel to spin.

While I had forgotten to mention this about the previous hotel, I had booked all these stays online, months in advance. They had all my information ready to go when I arrived, which has been great. What I can't seem to understand is why when I indicate 4 people in a room, we find there to me only 3 large towels. Be sure to check that if you are a family staying at one of these hotels.

Overall I had a funny vibe about this stay and expressed it as much to the staff. They were very gracious about it, but since I told about it just before leaving they were nothing they could do at the time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
I would like to express my most sincere apology for the over sight upon check in of your IHG rewards membership. I assure you this is not common practice here and I have spoken to my front desk staff in regard to this. In the future if there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant, please do not hesitate to let us know. We should have anticipated your needs traveling with a family of 5. Safe travels and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I can't say enough about the fantastic experience I had staying here. When I left my ID in a cab they were quick to pull up security feed and help me identify the cab company... At 4 in the morning. While it was a good distance from the main strip, I will likely be staying here again due to the more than fair rates and outstanding service! Thank you Jennifer and Linda for everything!

• Stayed August 2013
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
James F.
Thank you very much for writing such an awesome review of our hotel. It puts a big smile across my face to hear how Jennifer and Linda went above and beyond to assist you. I will definitely share the review with them. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Safe travels.
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I booked early and got a discount. Today, as I checked my account, I got a $22 fee. We are both very honest individuals and took nothing in regards to pillows or towels. The door lock was broken when we got there and the sink faucet was skewed for who knows what reason. We have no idea if this is a parking fee, but I am angry...

• Stayed July 2013
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
First and foremost let me apologize for not explaining the hold on your card. It is for any incidentals you may incur, however you should see the $22 back on your card. If you do not see the money put back, please feel free to contact me and I will see to it that it is. (702)644-5700. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay, it is unfortunate that you had a bad experience. I sincerely hope you will come back and give us another chance to Impress You.
Reviewed 5 July 2013

It was very easy to obtain a room. The customer service was above and beyond great. LEILANI took extra time to show us different rooms, the different areas of the hotel, and was extremely patient. She is very cheerful, friendly, and knowledgeable. If you want caring staff, it's here!

• Stayed July 2013
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
This is just fantastic! Thank you so much for writing such a great review for our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I will most certainly be passing on your kind words about the staff. We really do have a great team here and we strive for excellent customer service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Nellis during the weekend of EDC. I chose this hotel because it was very close the LV Speedway. Here are some pro's/con's :

Pro's :
1) Amazing breakfast bar! (pancakes, cinna-buns, cereal, toast, sausage, milk, juices, etc).
2) Clean hotel lobby and clean hotel rooms
3) Indoor Jacuzzi/ Outdoor pool
4) The staff is very friendly

Con's
1) Our toilet would constantly clog. I called front desk on Friday to get it fixed. They never came. Once again, I called on Saturday. They never came, again. I had to find one of the cleaning ladies to go and find the maintenance guy who was suppose to come and fix the toilet. It was quite embarrassing because I had guest come to my room and they couldn't use the toilet. I did expect better, especially after reading all the positive reviews.
2) Lack of towels. We didn't want our room cleaned, however when we went to the front desk to get towels, we were told there weren't any clean ones available. I asked to have to some delivered to my room when they were cleaned, no one ever came.

I did have a nice stay at this hotel but I was expecting somewhat better service than what was provided. I do appreciate they late check out though!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pashsport
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. First and foremost I would like to apologize for the lack of response to the toilet issue, I assure you that is not normal procedure. We understand we had a towel issue that weekend due to EDC and we have since rectified the situation. I am very happy you enjoyed our Amazing Breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel. We truly hope to see you again in the future.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had to travel to LV for a youth softball tournament and wanted a location near the fields at which we were scheduled to play. We wanted to keep the girls focused on playing softball and not on the fact they were in Las Vegas. All our games were played at SHADOW ROCK PARK and we were only about a 10 minute drive from the fields.

The Hotel was very clean and remarkably quiet. It was perfect for our needs. No LV Hoopla to distract anyone, nice water pressure in the shower, comfortable beds, and a typical HI Express breakfast.

There really wasn't anything exceptional about the hotel, but there also wasn't anything that made me so disgusted that I wouldn't return.

After the tournament, we did get over to Fremont Street which was a very easy drive.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a non LV Hype sort of stay.

If you are wanting to experience the Strip or other facets of LV, might want to try something closer to those areas.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out such a descriptive review for our hotel. We are in a great location for any sort of travel and as you put it..."It is Not the Normal Hooplah". We are glad you were happy with the cleanliness, water pressure the beds and the breakfast. We hope if you are ever in town again that you will choose to saty with us again. Thank you and Safe Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Las Vegas
La Quinta Inn Las Vegas Nellis
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#120 of 263 in Las Vegas
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis? Share your experiences!