“BEWARE of Cockroaches”

Siegel Suites Select – Las Vegas Boulevard
Ranked #178 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We checked in on October 25th, 2013 for one night. Room looked clean, until I went in the washroom and found a cockroach. I picked it up with some tissue and brought it to the front desk. There was a young man there that said I was rude to bring that to the desk and to get it away from him. I was considerate enough to make sure there were no other customers there and was offended that not only did I have cockroaches in my room, but to be treated like that as well. The assistant manager then came out and asked what was going on. He checked our room, he found more cockroaches. He told us Las Vegas is full of cockroaches and that he would transfer us to another room. He would give us plastic bags to put our luggage in so they would not get into our personal belongings. I asked him where the closest hotel was and he said Vegas was booked up solid because of the Rodeo that was in town. He said because we booked our room through Travelocity that there was nothing he could do for us. Two hours later they booked that same room with the cockroaches to another traveller. I would like to hear from the Manager of this hotel. Never again will I consider this hotel. BEWARE!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dkwpgmb
CrestwoodVegasBlvd, General Manager at Siegel Suites Select – Las Vegas Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to inform us about your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. Once again my sincere apologies. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

All the Best,

There are newer reviews for Siegel Suites Select – Las Vegas Boulevard

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I asked if I could have an early check-in being that I was relocating from another Extended Stay Hotel to this one and had perishable items, such as food that needed instant refrigeration. I arrived at noon on the 16th of September and was told by an operator (Kiara) that I would be able to check in within the hour. Of course, I was instantly being deceived because the room didn’t become available until quarter to three. I was completely disgusted with the fact that I was being misled about the check in process and because of that misleading, my perishable items spoiled. I was confused about why the room was taking so long to be cleaned until I witnessed Housekeeping on break twice (once at 12, then again at 2pm). So I was instantly disgusted with the behavior/conduct of the staff at this location and was considering not even occupying a room. But I have been in Vegas for about two months so far and have lived at several different locations, so I was a little exhausted with the constant relocating. But I guess I should have stuck with my first intuition because the condition of the room I received was not able to compensate for the insidious waiting. I don’t know where to begin because there were several issues with the room itself. First with, a smoke alarm is missing, stovetop vent screen is missing, and bathroom vent being detached/hanging. While I was doing my own cleansing of the room, I found several fixtures that weren’t cleaned thoroughly, fridge had stains, top of fridge dusty, countertop had grease/grime, stovetop was greasy, refrigerator door had food stuck, and microwave was uncleansed with stains and crumbs, and bathroom toilet seat dirty. The couch had a stain, and underneath, the cloth had tears/rips with specks of trash. I also noticed the linen had some stains, and black specks of crumbs on the top sheet. I found a strand of hair on the bathroom linen towels, and I also noticed that the kitchen sink drain is corroded/rusted, and the bathroom sink pipe leaks as well as the overflow drainer doesn’t work which I found out when the water overflowed. I also have an issue with the front door and the fact that it sticks, so it’s a little difficult to shut completely. I have recorded footage of all of these inconsistencies that I found, but I am beyond words that all of these issues went unnoticed before the room was even rented
PUBLIC WIFI, no access code...I also didn't appreciate!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank chantay12

Reviewed 30 August 2013

After I had booked the Crestwood Suites, I read the reviews and so I travelled fearing the worst, So I was pleasantly surprised on checking in to find the very friendly Dylan on duty at reception. Over the course of our stay, this guy could not do enough for us. Indeed all of the staff was helpful and friendly but Dylan went the extra mile. The accommodation was adequate for what we needed and was clean and maintained well. Every room was being refurbished when we were there and this should make the rooms even better. For us the location was ideal as we wanted to see more than just the strip. Ideal for access to all the main freeways. Internet connection was not so good in the room but I had no problems sitting in reception catching up with news from the UK. Caesar s Palace it wasn't but then again I wasn't paying Caesar's Palace prices My only complaint was that the swimming pool was freezing cold, even in the 100 degree heat. If you go looking for faults, you will always find them, even in the best of hotels. Accept the Crestwood Suites for what it is, a moderately priced hotel and you should enjoy it. If I return to Vegas I'll use it again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Johnbhoy88

Hello, ,

Thank you for your recent feedback on tripadvisor.com regarding our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We are always happy to read positive reviews. Please visit us again.

Crestwood Suites

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at this Crestwood Suites in July 2013 for one week. The internet wifi signal in our room was usually 0 or 1 bar and basically didn't work the whole week we were there. The morning after we checked in we asked to be moved to a room with a better signal, but the woman at the front desk said she couldn't move us. A week later when we checked out the manager was there and checked us out. She asked how our stay was and I told her about the wifi problem. She said I should have come to the front desk the day after we checked in and asked to be moved. I told her I had done that and the woman standing 3 feet from her at that very moment wouldn't do it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank safari5555
unmlobo2002, General Manager at Siegel Suites Select – Las Vegas Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This place provides basic place to sleep in. Location is a little far from the Strip, a 8 minute car ride. But the price is basic also, so there should not be high expectation. Also, parking is right in front of your room, so that is a big plus after the miles and miles of walking in the LV hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jim V

Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor.com regarding our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! We are always happy to read positive reviews.

Crestwood Suites

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have never left a review, but felt people needed to be warned. The entire place smelled like stale cigarette and was filthy dirty. Gave me a constant headache and I smelled like I was in a old casino. Moreover, the elevator smelled like weed and stale smoke. Avoid this place!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
9  Thank Jrwillis78

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you found that your suite was not up to Crestwood Suites standards. Please know that your concerns have been addressed. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Las Vegas. We are renovating our hotel and have new carpet and new flat screen televisions. I believe you’ll find our hotel more to your liking. We have full kitchens, free WiFi and an outdoor swimming pool, We hope you have an opportunity to return soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I would have walked right out, but stupidly it was paid for through travelocity. The room was infested with cockroaches, the "suite" was a small motel room, no table, no tissues,(we were told to use toilet paper) a double bed, and curtains with threads hanging. I am not finished, my next job is getting after Travelocity for paying $97 for this atrocity. I will never use Travelocity again, and certainly make a wide berth around the Crestwood Suites.

Room Tip: Do not pay for a room ahead of time.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank veray123

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you found that your suite was not up to Crestwood Suites standards. Please know that your concerns have been addressed. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Las Vegas. We are renovating our hotel and have new carpet and new flat screen televisions. I believe you’ll find our hotel more to your liking. We have full kitchens, free wifi and an outdoor swimming pool, We hope you have an opportunity to return soon.