“AMAZING Suite, impossible to get!”

Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino
Ranked #122 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“AMAZING Suite, impossible to get!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I'm conflicted on what rating to give this hotel based on my specific experience. Overall its a decent hotel with a variety of views and rooms (some with outdoor patios, some by the pool, etc)

We booked our hotel through Expedia for 1 night. We checked in very late at night, and the front desk clerk (sweet old man) told us we had been upgraded to the Suite (free upgrade, most likely due to our late arrival and the fact that the room didn't get booked). The suite is BEAUTIFUL: in-room jaccuzzi, private living room with a mini bar, fridge, and 2 42-inch flat screens, two bathrooms, a dining area, several coffee machines and walk in closets. I had never stayed in a suite before, so needless to say I loved it.

We decided to stay another night and went down to the clerks desk to request the same room for an additional night, even if we were going to be charged more. The lady at the desk seemed confused and told us we couldn't stay there another night. They moved us to a premium tower room which was less than average I suppose. We are planning to make another trip soon, and I am unable to find the suite room on any of the usual booking sites. It's not even an option to book this room on their own website. It seems there is no way to book this room, short of calling the hotel and paying their ridiculous rates.

If anyone ever finds out how to book the suite, please let the rest of us know!

• Stayed April 2014
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Claudia B.,

Unfortunately, you are not able to book a suite online, whether it be our 3rd party or our website due to the limited number of suites. However, if you book one of our premium or tower rooms, you can request to be upgraded to a suite for an extra fee if they are available when you check in. We are glad you had a great experience during your visit here and hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels,
Director of Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I’d rate Silver Sevens a 3.5 if I could…a bit better than 3 but I can’t in good conscience give it a 4. Stayed for four nights and got a decent online deal (~fifty per night, including a Friday night), but I’m glad I didn’t pay more. In no particular order:

The good:
-- nice pool area with a tropical setting; kind of small but not too crowded; water was freezing, though!; good cocktails (but terrible food) from the pool snack bar; pool is keycard-access restricted
-- handy 24-hour convenience store with nice variety of food, alcohol, toiletries, gifts, even an eyeglass repair kit (which saved the day, ha ha)
-- most staff were friendly
-- the window in my (tower) room opened, which is a HUGE plus for me…I hate being in a hermetically sealed hotel room
-- I was a bit concerned about how clean my room would be after reading other reviews, but it was fine (with the exception of a few crumbs under the newspaper on the dresser the day I checked in); none of the bugs others have mentioned
-- comfy bed
-- decent fitness room (on the 2nd floor)
-- no noise or smoke from casino in my room
-- plenty of cocktail service in the casino

The bad:
-- for the tower rooms (not sure about the other rooms) there’s nothing to stop anyone in the casino from wandering down the hallways or taking the elevator to the upper floors…they really need to make the hotel keycard-access only
-- no hotel info in room, so you have to ask for any specific info you want (and it’s really hard to hear the people working at the front desk with all the casino noise)
-- from my tower room I could only access the pool by going through part of the casino (not crazy about potentially walking past a shady type in my swimsuit and then waiting for the unsecured elevator, although I never did have any actual trouble)
-- my room was near the elevator, which was well-used at all hours and made a loud bing-bong noise whenever it reached my floor…made it kind of hard to sleep
-- limited TV channels
-- casino was kind of smoky
-- big bugs by the pool at night!

The rest:
-- it is true you have to call and reserve a spot on the airport shuttle
-- I’m a walker (no, not that kind) so I didn’t mind the mile-or-so walk to the Strip, but if that’s not for you there’s a shuttle to the Strip that runs 4 times each day; wouldn’t recommend walking it at night
-- a lot of locals seem to come to the casino here, and, while it’s true there were some sketchy-looking characters around, there were enough normal types and tourists around that it felt perfectly safe (from my perspective as a single woman there on my own) (but see my pool comment above)
-- a loudspeaker plays music in the pool area most of the day, so although tropical it’s not exactly tranquil
-- $100 room deposit; $3/day resort fee
-- casino is older and certainly dingier than the fancy ones on the Strip, but pretty comfortable for what it is

Never went to the on-site restaurants so can’t comment there. (But if you haven’t heard of it already, try the steak special at Ellis Island, just down the street on Koval.)

For what it’s worth: I love to travel and I’m big on the smaller, quirky kinds of places where I can meet locals (although some here were a little too seedy-looking for my taste). I’m undecided if I’d stay here again. If they would secure the hotel from the casino and let me get to the pool without passing through the casino, I might return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank jamseattle1
Dear jamseattle1,

Thank you for your honest review. We glad you enjoyed most of your stay and hope you will give us another chance in the future. We are constantly improving things around the hotel and casino to better accommodate all our guests. Thanks again.

Somerset, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

arrived on a Sat. night...my girlfriend called for shuttle service....arrived pretty quick....short ride to hotel. check-in was quick, friendly staff, but noisy area , right near casino. room on first floor. tower room would of been better. room was nothing to brag about...local's are cool, never felt scared.food was alright, although we waited awhile to be seated, even though i saw many open tables. shuttle to strip was good, off at Planet Hollywood, walked to where we were comped for 5 days at another Casino Hotel...all in all it was ok, not really my cup of tea.

Room Tip: Although we didn't see a Tower room, i would think this would be a better choice having seen oth...
Dear Paul L.,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us Paul. We are constantly making improvements to ensure your time here goes as smoothly as possible. We hope you will decide to stay with us again in the future.

Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed one night at The Silver 7's on April 26th 2014, arriving at about 9:30-10:00 pm.
First off, the free shuttle from the airport to the property is a huge plus. Be sure to call for a pick-up, otherwise they won't just go out to the airport. You get the shuttle on level 0.
We got there in minutes and were dropped off at the front door. We got to the check-in desk and only had a short wait. The front desk is practically in the casino, needless to say it was very noisy when trying to check in. I had a hard time hearing my host. Anyway, we got a room on the first floor and I was a little apprehensive about that but I was tired and took it. It was just a short walk from the casino to my room, luckily there are glass doors to separate us from the playing floor and it was not too noisy. The rooms are small and not too bright or "pretty", just an average room. Bathroom is tiny. Beds were clean and comfortable. I didn't care for the obscure glass partition separating the sleeping area from the bathroom. Whatever. We went for something to eat upstairs. It must be near 11:00 pm by now and the place was loaded! We waited in line a good half hour. You can tell by looking around that there are many locals who come here to eat and play as well as a few "working girls". Some folks looked a little seedy.
We had the $2.99 breakfast and it wasn't half bad. I had pancakes. After we ate we played for a while in the casino and I didn't do too bad. Not great but at least a little payback is better than nothing.
We went to our room and I slept OK. When morning came, we had the Champagne Buffet but I never saw any Champagne. Did I have to ask for it? Buffet was OK....I've had better. I checked out after breakfast and played for a little while then got the free shuttle to the strip. They drop you off at Planet Hollywood. My stay was not awful but it's not the kind of place I would care to stay again. I'm glad it was only for one night.

1 Thank NewEnglandLass
Dear NewEngaldLass,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you took advantage of our shuttle service. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and give us a second opportunity to impress you.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

You won't regret staying at Silver Sevens Hotel. The rooms are reasonable and very comfortable. The buffet is very reasonable and has great food selections. The casino has a "cozy" feel - great if don't want to deal with hundreds of people, like the hotels on the strip. The pool area is very nice too. Plus there is free parking and you don't have to walk far to get to the casino/hotel elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower. Would stay away from rooms on the first floor - too much casino traffi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank VickieW663
Dear VickieW663,

Thank you for your feedback. It's always great to hear from great guests like yourself and we are glad you enjoyed the amenities we offer. We look forward to serve you again in the near future.

Safe travels,
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

wife and I just had a great 4 days at this hotel.good digs,good cheap food and loose slots.all lovely.will definitely be back.hotel is a bit off the beaten track if you are not able to walk far but other than that we enjoyed our stay

1 Thank digb
Dear digb,

Thank you for your honest review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

As a Las Vegas local this is how i feel about this casino.

I have been playing at Silver sevens since 2003. This used to be the place to go for great drinks and to hang out with great people. Since the change over to Silver Sevens things have gotten so bad with return in payouts that it is not worth it to play here anymore. The comps do not compare in the slightest bit to what you have actually paid out each day,month, and quarter. The slot hosts do not have any loyalty to long time members. The bonus monthly slot play calculations are horrible for the amount of money we spend at silver sevens daily. The loyal and long term players rarely ever win on the weekend drawings or the slot tournament.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Labella v.,

Thank you for your honest review. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope that you will give us another chance. We are giving back to our players in a lot of new ways with drawings, promotions, and point multipliers in May and June.