“Great value, good service” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino
Ranked #121 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Phoenix, AZ
“Great value, good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Silver Sevens in Las Vegas and had a pleasant stay. Keep in mind, we were two adults (my wife and I) and we did a lot scouting about. The reason I say is this doesn't seem to be a kid friendly place, in my opinion (I have two kids).
On each of the weekend nights, it was evident they have an issue keeping riffraff (for lack of a better word) out, and they can be disruptive. Really enjoyed the band in the Corona Cantina and would say that's the best part. But again, over the weekend, two people got thrown out for harassing guests, one of which were with us. If they can control that better (they walk thru the casino bumming everything), the casino would be more enjoyable. Most people I noticed stayed there but typically left for other casinos/attractions.
However, our room was great. They have done renovations since it was Terribles Casino, but there are still some items that need attention, such as the rust on fixtures in the bathroom and shower, and a good cleaning of the walls.
So here we go, pros and cons.
Pros - great value for the room, very close to the strip (couple vegas blocks away), Corona Cantina band, fun machines and atmosphere, great buffet for a great value, clean rooms.
Cons - no room service or in room fridge, rusty fixtures, lack of cocktail waitresses for most of the day, and the riffraff.
Will we stay there again? Yes. Will it be a first choice, goto spot? No.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrMcAlister
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear MrMcAlister,

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you had a pleasant stay. We thank you for your informative review. I deeply apologize about the harassing patrons. We strive to make our casino a safe one. I apologize for failing at keeping the “riffraff” under control. I will forward your concern to our Security Department. I am glad you enjoyed our Corona Cantina band and the renovations of your room, however, disappointed in our attention to detail. I will make sure our housekeeping department is aware of this. I am also happy you thought our machines were fun as well as the atmosphere. We appreciate your positive comments about the buffet and rooms. However, we will make sure we take necessary action on your cons. We hope you can make the choice of staying with us once again.

Director of Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Indonesian first
WEST TYRONE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I'm currently writing this review from room 6623. It is a non smoking room and I am pleased to say the rule seems to be obeyed. The room was very very clean when I arrived. The bed is the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The carpet looks like it is not long there as it is very clean with no signs of wear.
A nice big flat screen tv on the wall is another added benefit.
The casino is a good size and the prices if Alcohol are very cheap. The bar staff were polite and friendly were happy to engage in light conversation making me feel welcome.
There is a nice pool outside which I seen 2 nights in a row staff cleaning it during the night. So it seems like it is a clean pool.
The elevator is quick and the hallways clean.
I really like this property and the price I paid was definitely worth it.
I would not hesitate to stay here again if I come back to Vegas.
The only thing I wish they did have was an in room safe instead of safety boxes down stairs.
Bathroom was spotless also.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Adam M
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear MRREVIEWER,

Thank you for taking a minute to leave us a note. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time here and that our staff showed you Genuine Service! We are working hard to ensure everyone's visit mimics yours. I am looking forward to seeing you on property soon.

Whittier, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Horrible hotel never again will i stay in this hotel horrible customer service, dirty pool, and key cards did not work. And for starters they gave away my room that i booked. They tried to give me a room they wanted. Very very unsatisfied

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank murbano91
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear murbano91,

Thank you for making us aware of the issues you have experienced. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Unfortunately because we have a limited number of rooms we are unable to guarantee a specific room from time to time but do our best to meet the requests of our guests. I am sorry we let you down on your last visit and hope we can make it up to you sometime down the road.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Fullerton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I like that place it has a big room ok bathroom nice cabins not a safe box ok carpet didn't like the restroom to dirty not clean it look like road motel I think for the price they charge should make it nice the elevator was really scary the out side look nice inside not to good the people where nice I didn't like the restaurant people so rude and not polite and really wear as we'll but other Thant that ok I guess

Room Tip: Not great if you are really picky on. Restrooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jesus T,

Thank you for your honest review. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at Silver Sevens. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments for their review. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Pikesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I cant say anything bad about The Silver Seven. The staff has been so kind and helpful, I love that when Im in my room I dont even know Im anywhere near a casino but I can go right downstair and all the excitement is right there. I love the pool its like a little Oasis and I cant even brag enough about the staff from management, front desk, maid service restaurant and more. Just a wonderful experience for me

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter" but youre not far from everything just an elevator r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Dolores V,

Thank you for the positive review. I am excited to hear you enjoyed all the amenities Silver Sevens offers and that we met our Genuine Service standards. We truly value your business and hope to see you back soon!

Elk Grove, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My mom lives in Las Vegas and my flight came in very late so I decided to stay at Silver Sevens for one night. The schedule said there was a shuttle from the airport every hour. I waited at the hotel shuttle spot until 10:10pm and then called. I was told I was supposed to call for the shuttle. This information was nowhere on the website or shuttle schedule. The shuttle finally came about 10:30.

The registration desk is the same as the guest service counter. I had no problem checking in. The halls are long and dingy. The elevator floor was filthy and needed to be vaccuumed. The room itself was clean. The soap was about the size of a half dollar. The plaster was peeling from the bathroom wall.

It was 11:30 p.m. and I hadn't had dinner so I went to the 24 hour cafe. It was not too busy but there were few servers so I waited a long time to order, and for the food, and for drink refills.

The bed and pillow were comfortable. I heard a lot of noise from the room above me.
As casinos go, there seemed to be much more smoke than normal.

I went to the breakfast buffet which was the typical spread of eggs, pancakes, blintzes, potatoes, meats, fresh fruit, etc. Interestingly there was also a salad bar and sugar free desserts. The players card took $2 off the buffet price.

When my husband and I go to Vegas to visit our family, we stay at the Tuscany Suites just down the road. I stayed at Silver Sevens because it was a little less expensive and it was only a one night stay. If you are seriously considering staying here, take a look at the Tuscany Suites as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear kinshasa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointments and inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will work with each department to resolve the issues you noticed while on property. I will also add a more detailed note on our FAQ page for shuttle service scheduling for ease of access in the future.

Oakville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

On a recent long stay in Vegas we decided to try this facility for 2 weekend nights in May and found it better than we expected.
The location is 2 long blocks off the Strip which would be a long walk especially in 100F heat !
The hotel had very nicely laid out , spacious rooms with good quality linens , good value restaurants and good proximity to other area restaurants, The pool area is small but well maintained and overall we enjoyed our stay here and would consider it again.

The casino is very crowded and reeks of smoke ( worse than most other Vegas / US casinos !)
so we spent no time there at all.
Check in and out was slow and in the middle of the casino.... unfortunately the desk satff have to do player card transactions as well as hotel duties making for confusion in the waiting line and long , inconvenient waits with luggage oiled againnst ATM's and slot machines !

Good proximity to Bally's, Hard Rock.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Larson-7,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the smoke and crowded feel. We are working on getting a new filtration system and hope to have it up and running for your return. We are also going through a reorganizing our machines for a more spacious feel. Rest assured I will notify the front desk manager about the lines. I hope to see you again soon and appreciate your feedback.