“Very Fantastic Hotel And Casino.”

Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino
Ranked #120 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Very Fantastic Hotel And Casino.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I Had A Very Fun Time Very Nice Staff Very Kind. I Would Recommend This Hotel And Casino To Almost Anyone.You Have A Great Time Playing Eating Dinning Rooming Whatever It Is Your Going There For You Will Be Satisfied Guaranteed !

• Stayed July 2014
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Jamisha E,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate your kind words. Hope you can back to see us soon.

Director of Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Indonesian first
usa
Reviewed 23 July 2014

great value - wifi speed in rooms is excellent - pool clean with plenty of towels and buffet is the best deal in Vegas - no complaints from me. ask for the coffee coupons on check in - they will not be offered to you just ask!

Room Tip: third floor facing pool is the quietest or ask for a tower room if a more powerful shower is what yo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diost
Dear diost,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are grateful for your loyalty and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,
Needles, CA
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here only one night. The room was clean and spacious, however the hallways had NO air-conditioning and the air conditioner in the room never brought the temperature below 88 - even when on high. Needless to say, it was a very long, hot, sleepless night. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HelenCox

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I will likely never stay at the Silver Sevens again, however I do realize that the things that bothered me may not bother others so you decide.
My mother chose this hotel because the sale price on expedia was fantastic. Of course being the trip advisor that I am I looked at the reviews ahead of time and I wasn't too sure if it was a good idea, and I was unfortunately right.
First I must say that our first mistake was booking on Expedia. I generally book direct with hotels and had never used any of the sale sites. My mother had so she was comfortable doing so. My husband, myself, and three of our children were to be driving to Las Vegas and my mother and other child would be flying in to meet us the next morning. We would be staying from Thursday night to Sunday morning and my mother would be staying from Friday through Monday. When we received the email confirmation from Expedia it had both rooms listed from Friday through Monday. I immediately called Expedia to get the dates corrected and was on the phone for over an hour at which point they told me that they'd have to do a separate reservation for Thursday nights stay. I told them that was fine as long as I would not have to check out and back in and that we'd be in the same room for the duration of our stay. I also requested that the 2 rooms be next to each other since my children would be in one room, and that the rooms be near an entrance since we'd be arriving after midnight. Expedia assured me that they spoke to the hotel and that everything was set. There was major difficulties with communication being that Expedia hires people from overseas to answer the phones so I really didn't feel comfortable that they got everything correct so a couple days before we were set to arrive I called the Silver Sevens myself and spoke to a woman at the front desk who assured me that all of my requests would be notated and she also gave me the room numbers on the first floor that we would be staying in right near an entrance from the parking lot and facing the pool..........don't I wish. When we left Phoenix I called the hotel just to let them know that we'd likely arrive after midnight because I didn't want them to give our rooms away.
We got to the hotel after 12:30 am and when I was handed the room key it had a different number then the one I was given a couple days prior. When I asked why it had changed the desk clerk proceeded to tell me that not only were there no rooms in the system for me, but also no notes that I had spoken to anyone aside from calling that I'd arrive after midnight. She also informed me that since they were sold out those were the last two rooms. She said i could talk to one of the managers in the morning to get it straightened out. These rooms were so far from any entrance that it was like walking a football field to get there, especially with exhausted children. We literally kept walking and walking wondering when the heck we'd get to the rooms. After finally getting to our room we realized we had no water so we went to the vending maching. We put a $5 bill in and suddenly it said it was out of all selections and did not return out money. I called downstairs and was told that the hotel doesn't own the machine. We then had to walk back down to the main lobby for water. By the time we all got to sleep that night it was after 3:30 am so I was looking forward to sleeping in........wrong again! At 9 am they were blowing leaves outside with an abnormally loud leaf blower for close to an hour. It was so loud it even woke up my teenagers who would likely sleep through an earthquake. I don't understand why they would do that knowing that when people are in Vegas they stay up late and sleep late. I went down to the lobby to speak to one of the two male managers I was told the night before to speak to and was told one of them is on vacation and the other one was off that day. So a female supervisor helped me and said whomever I had spoke to a few days prior had notated our requests on the wrong day and that's why they weren't noticed when we checked in. We were given two new rooms on the main floor near the entrance, however they weren't next to each other and my whole plan was not to have to move all of us at all during our stay, but whatever it doesn't end there. My mother and daughter were flying in around noon and I requested that the shuttle pick them up because we were busy moving rooms and did not want to have to load and unload the car. We were told that the shuttle only goes on the hour so I informed my mother that she'd have to wait about 45 minutes for it to arrive. We assumed it would have the hotel name on it and we weren't informed otherwise. She finally called me at 10 past the hour to say the shuttle hadn't arrived so I called and was told it was a red limo and it hadn't left the hotel yet, but that it would be there in 10 minutes. 20 minutes later she called me again and after having to wait well over an hour for the shuttle and never seeing it we had to go pick them up. When we got back into our room to finally shower and get ready for the day after 2 pm we realized we only had one towel so we called to request towels, but they didn't come so we used the small hand towels to dry off with. The bathroom where the toilet and shower are located is a very cramped space, especially for a man. The shower head is so low my husband hit his head on it and his head began to bleed. The bathroom is also very dingy looking like one you might expect at a roach motel. It looked like the room and bathroom didnt belong in the same place. They fnally brought our towels that evening after calling for them again. We thought we might enjoy going to the pool that night after the heck day we'd had and were surprised when we got kicked out because it closes at 7pm! What pool closes at 7pm? Especially in Vegas. When we were trying to sleep that night it was as though cigarette smoke was pouring into our room so much so that I had to block the crack under the door with a towel. We were supposed to be in a non smoking area, but the filtration system in the casino is not good like it is at the big hotels so the smoke leaks into the rest of the hotel, especially the 1st floor where we were staying. It was so bad that the clothes in my suitcase that I didn't wear smelled like smoke and had to be washed when we returned home. I honestly would opt to stay somewhere closer to the strip if I had it to do over. It's not far per se, but with Vegas weekend traffic it takes a long time to get anywhere. It would have been much better to be on the strip and just walk everywhere. When we checked out the rates were not what we were promised by Expedia and of course we were told to contact Expedia about it. My mother was supposed to stay there an extra night because she wasn't flying out until Monday morning and she ended her stay when we left and had us drop her off at another hotel. She didn't want to stay there another night. It probably wasn't the worst thing out there, but it just wasn't good and not worth saving a few extra dollars.
There were a few positives. They offered a $2.99 breakfast in their restaurant that was fantastic!! We got coupons for free coffee (well my mom did, they didn't offer them to me when I checked in). The pool was nice even though it closes too early and a night swim would've been great. The staff was really nice. The drinks at the casino bar were extremely cheap, in fact we'd later wished we would have drank there more often and saved money because alcohol on the strip is outrageously priced.
All in all I didn't enjoy my stay at the Silver Sevens and I won't be returning.

Room Tip: The first floor has easier access from the parking lot, but the smoke smell is bad. The rooms on all...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cheresawynne
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Responding to frequent mailouts, I went to Vegas to watch NBA summer league games. Silver Sevens is a mile + walk from UNLV.
The hotel has some great food options, buffet or $2.99 Dueces Wild plate.
plenty of machines, Video Poker, and all the others.
On the corner of Flamingo/Paradise, it is a short bus ride from strip and walkable to Convention Center.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Silver_Sevens, Public Relations Manager at Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Brent F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Brent. I'm happy to hear you were able to enjoy our food options during your last visit. We are grateful for your kind words and are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent value for the price. Large rooms. TV/gym/pool. It's huge but spread over only 3 storeys and so the walk to facilities/front desk/cafe/car park etc is incredibly long. My only complaint is that some of the front desk aren't helpful and are passive/aggressive. However Melinda was exceptionally friendly and nice.

Room Tip: If you use the pool a lot get a room on the ground floor facing it. The food in the hotel is cheap a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank adebayo o
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I booked this hotel because I got a rate of $22 and i only needed 2 nights with not much time spent in the room.

Pros-the room was clean, had a tv and free wifi. Little snack shop to goodies. free parking

Cons- the Hotels Casino was a tad seedy, the hallways were dark and anyone could roam through them. My rooms safety locked was broken. Rude front desk

Being a Male this was not a issue for me but I wouldnt recommend women or children

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business