“Will be back!”

Silver Sevens Hotel & Casino
Ranked #123 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 January 2006

I admit I was skeptical when I read the reviews on here, but am glad I stayed at Terribles. Here is the short and skinny on my one night stay.

Got there early so they held my bag until check in, which was fast and friendly. I got a king non-smoking for $40, very clean and quite comfortable. Also, free shuttle from the airport. Con; recieved the wrong room key, so had to go back down to get that corrected. At that time, I was told there was going to be a power outtage due to construction, which could affect my room in the morning, it never did. The construction also did not wake me up or cause any disruption for me. Con; it did affect their cafe and buffet, as all they had to offer was a limited buffet,(letter in room for notification), but at half price. Even though I was only going to be there one night, I signed up for their players club, which on Thursdays you get 5x the points. Upon sign up, you get a pick of a t-shirt or a hat...yes, the shirt is ugly, so I picked the hat. I am a beer drinker, so the 2 dollar beers couldn't be beat. Between 4 and 7 they went to a buck fifty a bottle, I took full advantage. Casino is small, so if you go to stay, be prepared to see it all within 15 minutes. No problem as Hard Rock is just a 5 minute walk down the street. Also, plenty of nice eats within walking distance, PF Changs, Morton Steak House, Buco's. The strip is about 1.5 miles, so if ya walk, be healthy. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel, which is cheaper then a cab, so I suggest that if you want to hit the strip. Speaking of strip, there is a strip club about 5 minutes away if you fancy that.

Over all, Terribles is a find if your only going to be there for a weekend, any longer would be too long in my oppinion. Terribles; cheap, clean and friendly so I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2006
18  Thank MLB-66
Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 10 January 2006

Normal room, clean and best of all cheap. I spent $40 per night, very good value for your money. I was able to walk to the strip-nice 10-15 min. walk, not bad for all the money you save. Also, they have a shuttle from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2003
9  Thank UMgirl
Reviewed 6 December 2005

Terrible’s is not for everyone.

Located neither Downtown nor on the Strip and not advertising a shuttle to either, it is not suitable for first-time visitors to Las Vegas.

It’s a budget-priced hotel, so it’s not suitable for those who value décor as an important part of their stay.

Security appeared lax. Anyone can enter the hotel area from the casino. Also, doors from the parking lot entered directly into the hotel corridors. You need a room-key to activate these doors, but certainly someone who looks like a guest can follow a legitimate guest in with a warm smile and a “thank you”. The hallways had security cameras and the parking lot was patrolled by a security vehicle.

Terrible's being a three-story hotel, the rooms facing the parking lot are subject to the noise expected from a parking lot, horns, chatter, doors closing, etc. I solved this problem by turning on the ventilation fan on the heater/air conditioner at night. I will guess that the pool-view rooms are quiet.

The following might be a situation unique to my room, but I’ll mention it anyway. The shower flow was very weak. If you’re the kind of person whose day can be ruined by a bad shower, you might have a problem.

My room was cleaned and serviced each day. The room was comfortable with ample drawers and furnishings. The TV was new with a large screen.

The casino was not well ventilated. The casino was well attended by locals -- a good sign, because locals know where to go for loose slots, full pay video poker, and reasonable minimums on table games.

Terrible’s is a good choice for veteran visitors with a car who want an economical base of operations and want to avoid the crowds, gawking first-time tourists, high minimums, and tight slots so typical of the Strip. Its proximity to the airport makes it convenient for budget-minded travelers who have a one-night layover in Las Vegas and want a cheap place to stay and a quick trip to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2005
20  Thank Sanamarl
Reviewed 17 November 2005

Arrived 11-10. Front desk help just stood there. Worse checkin ever. We went for the Air Show at Neil Airforce Base. Since this was our first time in Vegas, we asked them about public transportation to base. Reply NO public trancportation. Found out from heplful bartenter that the buses run 24-7 and it stops right there. Get a 30 days pass if you plan on riding the bus. That covers ALL the buses. Better than $1.25 or $2.00 each for everytime you get on.
Room was fine for the price. Didn't use pool, but it looked nice. We only spend about $50.00 there in gambling. Didn't go to gamble.
Food. Never ate at the buffet. Ate all meals at the resturant there. Oh my! Such great food. And lots of. Several times we got just one and split it and we were still full. Never had a meal over $14.00.
Had a great time. Front deck, was the only BAD part. They all nedd to be fired!

• Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank hlbrill
Reviewed 31 October 2005

Group of 8, Oc 27-30 2005.
Hotel was fine, great value, clean rooms. Hallways could use new carpeting but overall it is what we anticipated. We would definetly stay here again.
Had a lot of fun with the dealers and pit crew. Our group received several comps for food, ect. If you are expecting Ceasars you will not be happy, hotel is comparable to your local Super 8.
Remember..your vacation is what you make of it.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank DebP
Reviewed 21 October 2005

We Sayed at Terribles when it first open. (I can see why it got the name).Our room was dull with color, there wasnt alot of places to eat, and the pool was small. If i was a budget traveler i would stay here, but because it was close to my friends house, it was a good choice. The only thing good about Terribles is the public bathrooms, they were clean and seemed safe. If your staying here and want a close restaurant, go to Mortons of Chicago grille or Buka Di Peppo. Both across the street.

• Stayed: February 2003
3  Thank yoyo5
A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 October 2005

Some friends and I stayed at Terrible's for 5 nights in mid-October. The room was very large and clean. The housekeeping staff were very nice and supplied us with extra shampoo, iron, etc.

The slots were very loose and the monthly drink specials were also great. You can't beat the prices on the food and you got huge portions, way too much to eat at one sitting.

It only cost us $5.00 for the cab to the strip and they shuttled us to the airport. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone that is looking for a place to stay and not spend all their money on a room.

• Stayed: October 2005