“Read carefully before booking”

Tuscany Suites & Casino
Ranked #40 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Read carefully before booking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed at the hotel only two nights out of four, and it was enough. The room was spacious but coming back to the room the second night we found roaches in the bathroom. We also found big roaches in the hallway.
The staff offered us to change the room or to spray it, but we chose to leave.

• Stayed June 2012
10 Thank Spellbook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I give this property an excellent rating, because of a couple of things. Price, Restaurants, gaming tables and pool side service.
The rooms are large and spacious. The bathrooms are set up for folks who are traveling and preparing to go out on the town.
The Pool service is great. The pool is heated to take the bite off of it. I do not think anyone wants to go from 100 degrees to a 68 degree pool. The Jacuzzi is spacious, and there are ample amounts of towels available. The staff work to keep the bathrooms in the pool area clean and safe. Along with there is a water dispenser if you just want a glass of cool water too. I bring my beach towels when I travel so I cannot complain about the standard or smaller sized pool towels. They are not the big fluffy ones....
All three restaurants were great and with your coupon book when checking in were a decent deal. The service in all 3 restaurants was great too. Check out the Salmon with Lobster sauce for an entree at the Italian joint...
The gaming is great they have nice new machines with the fun games, ranging from 1 cent to 5 dollars, pending on your state of affairs.
Location was great. go around the block and voila you are on the strip or grab a cab for 10 bucks and you are in the heart of it all. Remember by the time you get your ride out of two valets the cab is paid for.

Room Tip: I was advised to grab a top floor, or by the pool on here. I asked for by the pool. The rooms are so...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The reviews and score for this place on Trip Advisor are WAY off and far too high/complimentary. Compare it on Yelp and you'll see.

We stayed at the Tuscany for three nights for a friend’s wedding over Memorial Day weekend. We appreciated that the bride was considerate of expenses and got a great deal for us off of the strip, but I would not stay at the Tuscany again. I’d be willing to pay more for a place with decent customer service. The Tuscany’s service is some of the worst I’ve experienced.

Check in is at 3 p.m., and my husband and I, plus a friend who also had a room, arrived about an hour early. We asked if our rooms were ready/available for early check in. We were told that they were not, but they would be in an hour. When we returned an hour later, we were told that the rooms we reserved weren’t available because the people who were already in them “decided to stay longer.” What is the point of a reservation, then?! They had other rooms available, but they were not in the wedding party block, and we’d have to stay in a different building than everyone else. We were unhappy with this, and the staff said we could wait an additional 20 minutes and they would clean some other rooms in the same building as the wedding block, but that my friend wouldn’t get a king size bed like she had reserved.

The rooms were clean, but poorly insulated. They were a good size, with a small fridge, counter, table and chairs, couch, desk, etc. The TV got about five channels. You could hear every step others took on the floor above you. The bathroom light had an exhaust fan attached to it, and it was as loud as jumbo jets. The sink stopper was stuck and we had to call to have someone come fix it so we could use our sink. Two hours later, they had not shown and we had to call a second time. We used the safe, and on the second day we were there, the safe batteries died with our stuff in it, and we had to have security come open it for us. They said they’d send someone to fix it while we were out (and we locked our stuff in our friend’s safe in the meantime) and no one ever came to fix it. The curtains don’t extend far enough past the edge of the window to prevent light from coming in in the mornings.

The food at Marilyn’s was alright. The Mexican place was not good, and the service was slow and poor. We would’ve eaten elsewhere if there would’ve been choices nearby. A small (half) bottle of water at the bar cost $4, which was ridiculous, but the gift shop closes at 11, so I had no choice but to buy it from the bar.

Wifi is free in the lobby but you have to pay for it in your room.

The pool was good. The chairs get full by mid-morning, but we got their early enough both days to get them. There is only one waitress for the entire outside pool area, and I know some who eventually cancelled their lunch orders because they never came. (They had accidentally given the order to someone else.) If you rent a cabana, you do not get your own waitress. You share the same one with the rest of the pool, and do not get any more attention or higher level of service.

On our last day, we checked out, but had time to kill before our flight, so we went to the pool. Before we left, we changed in the lobby restroom, which was being cleaned. The housekeeping lady was visibly irritated that we were there and hovered around us, sighing and looking annoyed for about 10 minutes. My friend was at the sink and even asked if she could help by scooting to one side or the other, and the woman rudely stormed out, saying something about coming back later. That is unacceptable behavior to a guest.

We asked the bellman to call a cab for us. After 10-15 minutes we started getting worried about making our flight. I asked if the cab was close, and he hadn’t even called it yet! We were late to the airport.

Bottom line: Stay here if you are looking for dirt cheap prices. The expense is in the level of service.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ESam4
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

My friend was getting married in Las Vegas over the Memorial Day holiday and instead of having everyone spend a fortune at the fancy strip hotels, she picked the Tuscany, so everyone was able to get a good rate.

I was traveling with another one of my friend's and her husband and we got to the hotel around 2 p.m. We waited in line to check in and asked if we could check in early. We were told that the room that they held for us were given to people that stayed longer and that our rooms were not guaranteed, even though we booked them about a year in advance. That makes no sense whatsoever. We told her we were part of a wedding party that had blocked a bunch of rooms, but they still didn't care. When they said they had 2 rooms available, the rooms were in 2 separate buildings away from where the bride had wanted us to stay. We told the lady where we wanted to stay and she said come back in a hour and they should be ready.

We came back exactly an hour later, only to be told they weren't ready yet. The lady had us sit and wait 20 more minutes while she waited on a call back to make sure the rooms were clean. They also had one room with a King bed and one room with 2 doubles, even though my friend and I had both booked rooms with King beds. I let her have the King room, but once again, what's the point of reserving a room, if you aren't going to get what you asked for.

My room was okay. I didn't have problems like my friend had with the sink and safe. I did not like that you could hear people above you walking or running. That was really loud. Also, even though there are shades to keep the light out, it was still bright once the sun started to rise and that made me wake up way earlier than I wanted to.

The food at the Mexican restaurant and Marilyn's Cafe was just so-so. We only ate there b/c there was noting else, but it wasn't that great. I would have gone somewhere else, if there was something else close by.

The bar in the lobby would have been okay if it wasn't for the jazz music. I'm not a fan of jazz and did not want to hear it. Also, the prices for drinks in that bar are ridiculous!!! My friend and I ordered Shirley Temple's, which consist of Sprite and cherry flavor and they cost $4 each!!!!!!!! What the heck!? Also, a small bottle of water, about half the size of a regular bottle, was $4!!! That is so ridiculous!

The pool was probably the only thing that wasn't that bad. We were able to get lounge chairs both times we went to the pool. I know people I was with were annoyed with the one waitress that was going around getting drink and food orders. She was taking forever on some things and even gave food to the wrong people.

On my last day, I had checked out and wanted to spend a few hours at the pool. I went into the bathroom to change and I came out and put my stuff on the counter. The cleaning lady was in there staring at me with an annoyed look, so I asked her if I was in her way. She rudely said yes and I asked her if I should move to one side or something and she huffed out saying, something about coming back. So uncalled for!!

When it was time to leave, we asked the bellman to get us a cab and he waited about 10-15 mins until he called for one, which of course made us late to get to the airport.

I definitely won't be staying at this hotel again. I appreciate that my friend picked a place to help all the wedding guests save money, but it was an awful experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
South Ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is only a five minute walk (one block) to the side entrance to Bally's so the strip is easily accessible. You can be on the strip faster than if you were staying on the top floor at Caesars Palace or the Bellagio. The rooms are huge, well appointed and quiet. There are only three floors. The restaurants and bars are very good value.

Room Tip: If travelling by car, ask for a room near the parking.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Survey0r
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

It would be difficult to find a better hotel in Vegas unless you are extremely wealthy.
The place has many complexes all 3 floors with elevators, daily housekeeping, I actually have to tell them to skip every other day for me out of respect and real needs. Has a fridge, just ask for a microwave, it's free for your stay. Very high security in the parking lots. Big play/resort pool and spa.plus another lap pool and spa at the fitness center. Good casino, always won a little bit, but I only play a little bit. 3 good places to eat including an excellent 24hr cafe with very high quality
food and service. Room service also. Very low turnover in staff, which means most everyone is happy.
I have known the same staff for more than 3 years. It is only two blocks from the main Strip, but maintains a quiet oasis of itself. Very reasonable prices, grow up and accept the Nevada resort
fee (at most hotels). Staff has always been great, give them a minute and they will fix anything.
Enjoy the large clean suites with Italian marble showers, separate bath, separate toilet room,
near walk in size closet, dressers business desk, table, couch and comfort chair. Oops, just gave away my secret hideaway in Vegas.

Room Tip: Try the M building, it is the end of the complex but still acroos the drive from the fitness center...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill W
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Good for those who don't like huge, noisy, cassino hotels; located at Flamingo street just next to Bally hotel, off the strip. if you are for business in LV- it is a place to catch some air; few 3 story buildings, swimming pool, parking lot outside each building, spacious rooms with little kitchenette,bathroom with shaver and bathtub. I liked and this is my location when I go next time to LV for the convention.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for non smoking room even if you have require it in your e-mail reservation...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business