“Once again a great stay”

Tuscany Suites & Casino
Ranked #41 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Montebello, California
“Once again a great stay”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Once again we stayed at Tuscany Suites. We have been going there for about seven years. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. This was a getaway to meet our Son, who flew in from Orlando. Also met our Second Son and his family there. The house keeping was just fine and we also have breakfast there and the service and food is always good. The day before we ate on the strip and paid twice as much as we did here. I have recommended the Hotel to others and they Say for the Value, this their choice to stay with family and friend. Close to the strip and very little, if any, traffic.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jose0311

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
staffordshire
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 31st may to 7th June 2012. It's about a 15 minute walk from the strip, but we found that with Las Vegas being such a big place, we were needing taxis everywhere anyway so that wasn't a big issue for us.

Check in was quick and painless, and we were very satisfied with the room which was spotlessly clean, modern and spacious. It's true that there are no utensils in the kitchen area (except a small coffee maker), but we always eat out on holiday so again no problem for us. The air conditioning was slightly loud, but I've definitely had louder in other hot destinations!

The pool area is my favourite thing about this hotel, it's fairly small but very well kept and pretty. Also, big plus for us, they have water filtering machines which you can use as much as you like!, and with it being 40c degrees when we were there, this was very appreciated. There was also a cocktail waitress on duty every day we were there if you want to be spoilt, frozen strawberry daquiris were delicious! there is also quite a big hot tub.

My husband used the casino and didn't have any problems, in fact had a few beers on them on his gambling nights! We ate at Marilyn's every morning and were very satisfied, we took advantage of the steak and eggs special most days. We used the Cantina (mexican restaurant) once and also found this to be good.

I've never seen the Tuscany in any brochures in the UK, this would explain why it was mainly American people staying there, although we did speak to some English, it's good to mix with the natives aswell.

We loved this hotel and would highly recommend it, the only negative we found is that as other reviewers have mentioned you can hear people in rooms above you (we were on the ground floor), so would suggest you go for top floor if this would bother you. A couple of nights there were a few rowdy and loud people shouting in the early hours, but I suppose you are in Vegas and a bit of this is probably inevitable, but obviously it's not the hotel's fault

Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank floridafreaks34
Pony, Montana
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Checked in thinking the hotel was very nice. My husband runs a hotel so I always check my bed before sleeping in it since he has taught me how to check for bed bugs. Upon lifting the mattress pad there were what appeared to be bed bug eggs and casings all over the mattress. When we called the front desk they sent a housekeeper who wouldn't even look because he shrieked when I mentioned I thought it was bed bug eggs. The front desk argued with us and told us its probably just rocks. Worst service I've ever had. I would not recommend this type of horrible service and unclean beds.

• Stayed June 2012
18 Thank MontanaIrishGirl
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Let me start off by saying that I almost never will stay at any hotel with a brand quality less than Marriott. I was forced to stay at this hotel due to a larger group of people all deciding to stay here. I was honestly scared that I may return home with bed bugs.

From the outside the hotel looks like a motel 8. There are 2-3 floors max, and the hotel is spread out over a lot of area. You cannot drive up to your door like a motel, but it otherwise looks like that with so few floors.

Security is a concern if you are a single female or otherwise have security concerns for yourself. There is no fence around the entire property and the area of town is several blocks from the Vegas Strip and there are shady people around. For example, there were teens walking through the parking lot smoking pot in the middle of the day. However, the hotel has a lot of traffic of people and cars, more than you would expect, because a lot of locals like to go to the onsite casino that they have.

The hotel is old in style, but also very clean. Seems to me that they maintain it with all the old style building materials, so everything looks like it is from the 80s, but brand new still. The pool area looked inviting and there were enough people hanging out there having a good time.

The rooms were larger than expected, cleaner than expected, better maintained than expected, etc. Again, new looking, but old style and not modern except for the small ~37 inch LCD tv. The room contains a fridge, coffee maker, small sink for dishes, dining table for four, sofa, matching sofa-chair, desk/chair, hair blower, iron & board, tub and separate shower, nicely working AC, good fan power in bathroom, nice sheets, nice rug, enough towels, etc. No dishes/silverware.

When I checked in, there was only one bar of soap to be used for both washing hands and to put in the shower area. Subsequent nights they put a second bar out on the bath. The hotel shampoo was some of the worst I've ever used at a hotel.

Regarding the shower... you could not place the shampoo anywhere except for the floor. Even the floor was tilted and the shampoo falls to its side and rolls. It would not stay up on the soap dish without falling.

Wi-fi was $13.99 per night in the room... nice nice of them. The in room safe was not large enough to hold my laptop.

2 luggage racks were provided, perhaps to keep your luggage away from the bedbugs?

We got a $45 midweek rate, and a $85 weekend rate... so for the small price, it was a great deal. It was definitely worth paying and would meet most people's basic needs. The staff was friendly too.

I would not stay there again though... mostly because I am spoiled and have no problem spending 10 times as much for something 10% better. But most people would love this place, especially at these rates.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AlvinMonk
Denver, CO
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The grounds are well kept & could use more lighting in through the walkways at night. Check in was quick as I got in late on a Wed. I stayed in the J building 3rd floor May 3-6. My room card kept deactivating from day one, but didn't ruin my trip. Jun was awesome at the front desk to my new key each time. The rooms are large & nice. You get a great rate for the space. the kitchenette was nice to have, love having a fridge in the room. I didn't bother getting a microwave sent up. Upon check in you get a pack of coupons. They are worth it if traveling with someone. Waking up to a fire alarm on a Sun wasn't enjoyable, but glad it was a false alarm. The pool staff is great! No long waits for drinks. We grabbed yummy pizza with a coupon. I had a great massage from their spa through a Groupon. They are totally professional, priced well for a hotel spa (even w/o coupon) & super nice. I didn't eat breakfast, but dinner was great in the Mexican place. I did grab a salad & pop in the Deli.

I recommend this hotel for it's value & being close to the strip. We walked over within mins from being at the hotel. Took a cab back for $7. I only used the casino for the players card comp. It was a fun 5 mins & friendly drink gals. The smoke wasn't too bad in the casino. Having a balcony would have been nice.

Room Tip: Def get 3rd floor, less noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank nannie33
Tahiti, French Polynesia
Reviewed 7 June 2012

It is not the cheapest but very good value for money.
Depending on the season, it can roughly as low as 35 bucks to 70 bucks.

I like this hotel because it is small so everything is close (casino, buffet, parking, front desk, pool). No long corridors or towers to cross and get lost.
No long queue at the checking.
Huge room with sofa , dinner table fridge, coffee, sink.
The bed is good quality. The air conditionning a bit noisy though.
The parking is big enough. Never full and close to the rooms so very convenient when you got lots of luggage or shopping bags.
The casino is big enough to keep you busy at night when tired after the long day. Otherwise you have the bar.
It is at walkable distance to the strip but having a car is maybe better as it takes you 5mm.
You walk a lot on the strip so each meter counts ...

Room Tip: facing the pool can be nice. Near the parking is of course more practical.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Niuhiti
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times on business over the past few years. It's been consistently below average each time. Let me just say that for $45/ a night nobody should expect much. So here's a breakdown of the pros and cons:

Pros:
Rooms are clean, spacious and quiet.

Nice workout facility.

Close to good restaurants (important...see below).

The pros stop there.

Cons:
Biggest problem was the air quality. You notice cigarette smoke the moment you enter the lobby and it lingers everywhere in the main building. There were a ton of people at our last meeting (including me) who came away with sinus issues and colds. We're convinced it's was due to sitting in the stale air of the meeting rooms.

Mediocre food in restaurant, room service and meetings.

Unhelpful and inattentive front desk staff.

Property is really spread out and it's a hike to your room. That's a real bummer when your room key refuses to work (twice) and you have to trudge back to the front desk to talk to the unfriendly staff.

Bottom line: the world won't end if you have to go there for a meeting, but don't bother to spend your own money at this place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Laura_Gamble