“Excellent place to stay and very clean and nice.”

Tuscany Suites & Casino
Ranked #40 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
south carolina
“Excellent place to stay and very clean and nice.”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past week. The room was very large, comfortable, and very clean. The maids did an excellent job of cleaning every day and changed the linens every day! The property is very nice and houses about 14 individual buildings. We stayed in building E and it was very nice. I liked not having to contend with a bunch of people because only the guests assigned to this building can enter it, which means there was never any wait time for an elevator. I also liked the fact it was very quiet at night away from the noise and the strip. The strip is located a few blocks up and is quite a bit of a hike. It was very hot and I have bad knees, so we rented a car after a few days instead of walking. DO NOT waste your money on the monorail. Since this was our first time here, we didn't know any better. We purchased 3 day passes and used them very little because the monorail only drops you off in the vicinity of the strip hotels and you still have to hike a good bit. I recommend renting a car and just driving to each hotel/casino like we did. There is a public bus, but the locals are riding it as well. The bed was amazing and slept very well.
We ate at Marilyn's Cafe which is located on the premises. We enjoyed the food, especially the pizza and it was very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2012

A pleasant oasis in this bustling city.
We slept well in an enormous room with fridge and kitchenette.
The beds are good quality, large and comfortable and the location is quiet.
The place has a nice patio with pool area adjacent to the large lobby. It's all pretty decorated in an Italian theme and the whole place feels homey with pleasant enough staff.
Easy walking to the strip and all activities.
In short, a great place to stay for not too much money.

Highly recommend if you're not looking for "flashy", ultramodern and trendy.
Will certainly return to this gem !

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nomad_1711
COLORADO SPRINGS
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I used to stay on the strip, but after staying at the Tuscany, I don't think I will ever go back to a Strip hotel. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I was driving back from a camping trip, so I had two bicycles on the back rack on my car. I didn't want to leave them on the car for three days, so we brought them into the room. In a Strip motel, even if we could get them through the lobby and onto the elevator, we would have been tripping over bikes the entire time. The rooms at the Tuscany are so big that I put the bikes up against a wall in the room, and they were never in the way. The last time we stayed, the sofa was a pull-out. I didn't check this time, but it's nice to have if you've got a 3rd person with you.
There are refrigerators and a little kitchen area with a dining table and chairs (no microwave, though).
Also, if you gamble in the casino, you can use your player's points in the restaurants and gift shop. This beats paying $5 for a cup of coffee on the strip - if they're going to take your money at the tables and slots, the least they can do is feed you. lol We had enough points that we didn't pay for a single meal.

Room Tip: I would not recommend a room on the first floor. We could hear every move of the person in the room...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Montebello, California
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Once again we stayed at Tuscany Suites. We have been going there for about seven years. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. This was a getaway to meet our Son, who flew in from Orlando. Also met our Second Son and his family there. The house keeping was just fine and we also have breakfast there and the service and food is always good. The day before we ate on the strip and paid twice as much as we did here. I have recommended the Hotel to others and they Say for the Value, this their choice to stay with family and friend. Close to the strip and very little, if any, traffic.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jose0311
staffordshire
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed in this hotel from 31st may to 7th June 2012. It's about a 15 minute walk from the strip, but we found that with Las Vegas being such a big place, we were needing taxis everywhere anyway so that wasn't a big issue for us.

Check in was quick and painless, and we were very satisfied with the room which was spotlessly clean, modern and spacious. It's true that there are no utensils in the kitchen area (except a small coffee maker), but we always eat out on holiday so again no problem for us. The air conditioning was slightly loud, but I've definitely had louder in other hot destinations!

The pool area is my favourite thing about this hotel, it's fairly small but very well kept and pretty. Also, big plus for us, they have water filtering machines which you can use as much as you like!, and with it being 40c degrees when we were there, this was very appreciated. There was also a cocktail waitress on duty every day we were there if you want to be spoilt, frozen strawberry daquiris were delicious! there is also quite a big hot tub.

My husband used the casino and didn't have any problems, in fact had a few beers on them on his gambling nights! We ate at Marilyn's every morning and were very satisfied, we took advantage of the steak and eggs special most days. We used the Cantina (mexican restaurant) once and also found this to be good.

I've never seen the Tuscany in any brochures in the UK, this would explain why it was mainly American people staying there, although we did speak to some English, it's good to mix with the natives aswell.

We loved this hotel and would highly recommend it, the only negative we found is that as other reviewers have mentioned you can hear people in rooms above you (we were on the ground floor), so would suggest you go for top floor if this would bother you. A couple of nights there were a few rowdy and loud people shouting in the early hours, but I suppose you are in Vegas and a bit of this is probably inevitable, but obviously it's not the hotel's fault

Happy to answer any questions if anyone has any.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank floridafreaks34
Pony, Montana
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Checked in thinking the hotel was very nice. My husband runs a hotel so I always check my bed before sleeping in it since he has taught me how to check for bed bugs. Upon lifting the mattress pad there were what appeared to be bed bug eggs and casings all over the mattress. When we called the front desk they sent a housekeeper who wouldn't even look because he shrieked when I mentioned I thought it was bed bug eggs. The front desk argued with us and told us its probably just rocks. Worst service I've ever had. I would not recommend this type of horrible service and unclean beds.

• Stayed June 2012
18 Thank MontanaIrishGirl
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Let me start off by saying that I almost never will stay at any hotel with a brand quality less than Marriott. I was forced to stay at this hotel due to a larger group of people all deciding to stay here. I was honestly scared that I may return home with bed bugs.

From the outside the hotel looks like a motel 8. There are 2-3 floors max, and the hotel is spread out over a lot of area. You cannot drive up to your door like a motel, but it otherwise looks like that with so few floors.

Security is a concern if you are a single female or otherwise have security concerns for yourself. There is no fence around the entire property and the area of town is several blocks from the Vegas Strip and there are shady people around. For example, there were teens walking through the parking lot smoking pot in the middle of the day. However, the hotel has a lot of traffic of people and cars, more than you would expect, because a lot of locals like to go to the onsite casino that they have.

The hotel is old in style, but also very clean. Seems to me that they maintain it with all the old style building materials, so everything looks like it is from the 80s, but brand new still. The pool area looked inviting and there were enough people hanging out there having a good time.

The rooms were larger than expected, cleaner than expected, better maintained than expected, etc. Again, new looking, but old style and not modern except for the small ~37 inch LCD tv. The room contains a fridge, coffee maker, small sink for dishes, dining table for four, sofa, matching sofa-chair, desk/chair, hair blower, iron & board, tub and separate shower, nicely working AC, good fan power in bathroom, nice sheets, nice rug, enough towels, etc. No dishes/silverware.

When I checked in, there was only one bar of soap to be used for both washing hands and to put in the shower area. Subsequent nights they put a second bar out on the bath. The hotel shampoo was some of the worst I've ever used at a hotel.

Regarding the shower... you could not place the shampoo anywhere except for the floor. Even the floor was tilted and the shampoo falls to its side and rolls. It would not stay up on the soap dish without falling.

Wi-fi was $13.99 per night in the room... nice nice of them. The in room safe was not large enough to hold my laptop.

2 luggage racks were provided, perhaps to keep your luggage away from the bedbugs?

We got a $45 midweek rate, and a $85 weekend rate... so for the small price, it was a great deal. It was definitely worth paying and would meet most people's basic needs. The staff was friendly too.

I would not stay there again though... mostly because I am spoiled and have no problem spending 10 times as much for something 10% better. But most people would love this place, especially at these rates.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business