“Hidden gem”

Ranked #40 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chester, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is a beautiful hotel located off the strip, but within walking distance of the main attractions. Staff were pleasant and helpful the room was beyond amazing!
The casino was not as "upmarket" as the more well known hotels on the strip but this did not detract at all for me personally.
The pool and other facilities are all well maintained and add all add up to a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank lrncn84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

As I was going to Vegas on a tighter budget than I had previously I had to consider hotels off the strip. The Tuscany was an awesome choice! Walking distance to the strip (1km) but also had a bus stop out the front which was handy after walking the strip all day! Our room was huge! It was great to be able to spread your luggage and your shopping around. Laundry facilities were a plus. Marilyn's Cafe was great for late night eating. In fact, I don't have anything negative to say.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank rubyjack99
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved this hotel. We found it on a booking buddy site after Hotwire booking company, without advising us, cancelled our booking with another hotel.
We hit the jackpot with this hotel & casino. The lady at reception was fantastic with helping with our booking. I wish I had thought to write her name down - she was so patient and helpful.
The room was huge, clean and oh so quiet. It was a resort style set out with a lovely looking pool area (too cold to swim but we were told the spa was a perfect temperature).
Every time we ate at the restaurants we found the food delicious and well priced.
Tuscany was fairly close to the strip too, we did walk a couple of times. The casino was ok too with the drinks ladies bringing free drinks on a regular basis.
Would recommend this hotel to others looking for a good hotel in Vegas that is not overpriced or too full on.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Siobhan M
Carson City, NV
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We arrived at approximately 6:30 on a Thursday evening, and had no wait to check in. The entire process took maybe 5 minutes. They do charge a resort fee, which they were very upfront with (not hidden like a lot of reviews alluded to), and they wanted a $100 deposit for the 4 day stay, which I expect when I stay anywhere.

We were in building B facing Flamingo which did have a bit of street noise, but nothing that kept me awake. I guess if you are a light sleeper, it might be a problem. There was also a very strong bleach smell when we arrived, which was annoying to the eyes, but at least it told me it was clean :) It dissipated by the next day. This is what kept me from giving it a 5 star rating. The room is very large and comfortable, and the separate shower and tub was nice, along with the private toilet area. There was free wifi in the room, however if you wanted a faster speed, you paid $9.95 per device. The free speed was plenty fast for me.

I never felt unsafe, as there was always a strong security presence in the evenings. They drove around on bikes and golf carts, and I feel like they were always in ear shot. The buildings being separate was nice as you could park near your room. A lot of these huge hotels on the strip have a mile walk to your room. This was definitely a plus! You can also walk to the strip! I"m not a fast walker, and did it in about 20 minutes to Caesars. I think if I had driven to Caesars, and did the self park, the walk would have been just as long. You can also pop into Bally's, and get on the Monorail.

The coffee shop was very good and the service was great. We also did room service, which was reasonable, and only took 25 minutes. We were there on playoff weekend, so the bar was very crowded and loud (to be expected), but the bartender was awesome! She worked that entire room like a pro! We grabbed a drink and sat by the pool, and it was quiet and the grounds are gorgeous! The drink prices compared to the drinks on the strip was a nice surprise.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet stay, choose a room at the back of the complex.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tahoestarr
Carson City, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at the Tuscany Suites for several days around the new years eve holiday. The rooms were spacious and quite quiet. Our room came with a king sized bed and pull out sofa, as well as a small kitchenette. While the original coffee maker was inoperable, that problem was quickly rectified by the staff. The hotel was also within walking distance of the strip which was convenient for new years eve.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael R
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed with family 2 young kids due to the size of the suite (600 sft) with kitchenette and half a mile from the strip on flamingo rd. building M also gave a view of the strip. Uneventful and nice stay for 7 nights. Based in LV we did national parks in day and casinos and shows at night.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank a V
Versailles France
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stay there in september 2013 because the rate on Monday was exceptional (do not stay during the week end !). The hotel is composed of several small buildings equipped with lifts ; as you probably know it in Las Vegas, you have to pay for everything : using a kart for your luggage (you have to be escorted), using the internet, ..... The room was excellent for the price : very large room with a sofa, very clean, excellent bed, place for a kitchen, very quiet, very good bathroom, etc... (I never use the TV so I cannot make a judgment and I never gamble ...). It is located at a 15 minutes walk from the strip (do not use your car !) . The swimming pool and the bubble bath were very pleasant after a long drive or a walk on the strip. We did not try the breakfast, preferring stopping on the strip.
You have nothing for purchases very close to the hotel, but the strip is so close.
Registration : you may have to wait a little bit (which is rather common in very large hotels).

Room Tip: I guess all the roms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple