“Good for families”

Tuscany Suites & Casino
Ranked #43 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice very spacious, pool not as crowded as other hotels in the strip, my kids loved it. We were lucky and had a room very close to the lobby, they let us check in at 2:00pm a whole hour early. Check in was super fast, friendly staff , I would recommed if you stay with children and need to take a break away from the strip.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at the Tuscany Suites & Casino for four nights in April, 2014. It was easy to find and had plenty of free parking. We had no problem with reservations, check-in, or check-out. It’s about a 20 minute drive from the Cashman Center, about a 5 minute drive from the Strip, and about a 10 minute drive from the Welcome to Las Vegas sign and the airport. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful.
This is a great place for a family or a group of friends, especially if you have a car. We had two rooms with two double beds each, across the hall from each other. The rooms were very clean and spacious, with a sofa and lots of room in front of the beds. We reserved two rooms because we wanted two bathrooms, but physically each room can hold at least four people on the two double beds, an extra person on the sofa and one or two queen-size inflatable beds on the floor in front of the beds, if the hotel would allow that. There is a large bathroom containing a shower, tub, vanity area, and a toilet area with a separate door. The minor maintenance issues we had were dealt with quickly once we reported them. We did have trouble with the phone system, which is supposed to allow free calls between rooms.
The kitchenette area had a mini-fridge, sink, and a counter with outlets. When we checked in, we requested a microwave oven for each room, which were delivered immediately after we got to our rooms. There is no stovetop, but, if the hotel would allow it, there is plenty of counter space to use a portable hot plate. The cabinets are not stocked with any cooking or eating utensils, but we had packed our own because we were traveling with a child with food allergies and wanted to cook all our meals. There is a grocery store a few miles away.
The hotel casino is within a 10 minute walk from the rooms, so it’s convenient to go back to your room whenever you want. My 87-year old mother had no trouble walking on the level sidewalks to the casino. The grounds are lovely and well-maintained, but they are not well-marked, so be sure to ask about the quickest path from your room to the casino and pool when you check in. The casino was never very crowded when we were there throughout the day and early evening. Sign up for the Players Club when you first arrive at the casino for some coupons and comp money to use in the slot machines.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank backnforth2nfro
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights during the week, and it was really reasonable, although do count in the resort fee as extra. I had a queen room, with 2 settees and a kitchenette-the room was huge by European standards! I ate breakfast at Marilyns's which I enjoyed and also used the pool (although get there early as many seem to throw a towel on a recliner and then go away again-maybe the towels saving them should be moved after an hour?). The room had free wifi up to a certain download limit. It is about 12 minutes to walk to the Bellagio Fountains-as a solo traveller I felt safe. There is also a bus directly outside you could catch to the strip and also take to the store-Albertsons (about 5 blocks away) if not in a car-a 2 hr pass for the bus costs $3 or a 24 hr pass $5. Staff were friendly and check in/out very efficient

Room Tip: I was in A106 which faced the main road and may bother some. Also, there were some people who seemed...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Judy F
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Me and my husband have just returned from a week stay at the Tuscany suites, we were really impressed with the quick check in, the size of the room (which was cleaned daily), The pool area was nicely kept and we always managed to get a sunbed what ever time we went there, We ate at Marilyns café every day and can only say how good the food was and how friendly the staff was.

The strip is about 10 minutes walk from the Tuscany, which is always busy, loud and over welming, so was nice going back to the quietness of the Tuscany,

We stayed in block j which was quiet and we always got good night sleep, We would definitely stay at the Tuscany again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed at the Quad last year and it was horrible and I gave it a poor review. One of the things I did not like about Vegas is if you don't valet park, you'll never find your car at the big hotels. The Quad is relatively small with relatively convenient parking in a garage in back, but even with that by the time you go down the elevator and work your way to the garage you are looking at 15 minutes. If you stay at the Tuscany you park right outside your unit. The Tuscany is composed of about 15 buildings similar to a motel except they have a center hall with entrances at either end. Each building is surrounded by parking on the periphery as well as some parking between the buildings. Bottom line, no problem finding a convenient spot within at most a 2 minute walk to your car. The Tuscany has all the amenities of a big hotel. Casino. Restaurants. Night Club. Live Entertainment. Fine Dining. Room Service. Pool. Fitness room. But it also has super large rooms at reasonable rates. Ours had a very comfortable king sized bed, plus an easy chair, plus a pull out couch (which would have come in handy had we been three or four single guys or gals, or if we'd brought young kids). It had a kitchenette with a small refrigerator, and a stovetop and a sink. A small 1 cup coffeemaker and a table with 4 chairs. While you typically go out to eat in Vegas, My spouse and I like to have breakfast in my room before we go about our day's activities. Room service was quick (we never waited more than 15 or 20 minutes). The food prices were very reasonable even with the $4 service charge and 18 percent built in gratuity which was actually less than I usually tip, and really convenient as I didn't have to go hunt down small bills for a tip while I just waking up. The rates at the Tuscany were very reasonable. Now no place is perfect so I will get a little picky here just to have to critique something. Room Cleaning/Maid service was excellent - when we got it. It's Vegas. You stay out late. You get up late. But if you were not out of the room by 1 PM...you did not get maid service. They are stingy with towels, we had to grab enough towels off the maids cart several times. They could give you an extra blanket, particularly if you're using the pull-out. The single cup coffee maker has to go. With two people in a room they should have two cup coffee machines. The waste baskets are doll house size. They need much larger wastebaskets, you can't put anything in the ones they have. They could give you more hangers. We had to pick up more hangers at a CVS. Eight hangers for an eight day stay for two people is woefully inadequate. The AC units in the rooms could be more responsive. The people at the front desk were friendly, the concierge was terrific. I looked at the comments by Ken Jenkins and Gabe 0714. I did not see any evidence of racism. The people working at the front desk, in the casino,and in maintenance and security were black, Hispanic and caucasian. All were cordial and professional. Because of the convenience of this place there were many families there and a good number of them were black families with children and teenagers. I saw no discrimination or overt hostility. This is a good family place. Maybe Gabe just ran into a bad employee, because the behavior he describes was not the norm, and does not reflect well on this place which prides itself on being family friendly. I am also surprised at Mr. Jenkins experience. We got our requested non smoking room, and when I requested a first floor room rather than the one they originally assigned us there was no problem. They should pay attention to the issue raised by Jenkins and Gabe, if I ran the place I would investigate and not tolerate that kind of employee behavior, and maybe they did deal with it because I did not see any of that stuff. Food in room service and in the Italian restaurant was excellent, indeed much better than some of the big name places we went to on the strip. I was not impressed with the Mexican restaurant however, and that is the only thing open 24 hours a day. These critiques aside, It is a convenient, clean, quiet place to stay but within two blocks of the strip and all the action, and across the street from some nice restaurants and really conveniently located to Paradise Avenue which is 5 minutes from the Airport. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you like super convenience. the M-N-L buildings are away from the hub...
1  Thank Vickie S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Large, clean, nicely appointed rooms. We liked the landscaping and the grounds overall. We were so pleased we will stay here again. Didn't use the pool but it was clean. Service was outstanding, starting at valet. Avoid the Beachfront coffee shop due to the stale muffins but definitely go to Marilyn's for an outstanding breakfast.

2  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I just stayed here last week because of a convention he was attending. His company was having meetings there daily so it was very convenient for him. This place is great! Because it is off the strip and a smaller property than those on the strip it wasn't ever crowded when you went to the pool, restaurants or casino. It is easy walking distant to the Strip, Hard Rock or the convention center. (that is if you don't mind walking) We don't! All the rooms are suites and have refrigerators. The pool is wonderful, very quit and serine. With cushions on ever lounge chair and great music playing in the background. I highly recommend this place and would love to stay here when its a real vacation instead of business for my husband.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business