“Fine by us!”

Ranked #41 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Washington, DC
“Fine by us!”
Reviewed 11 March 2009

The rooms are spacious, clean, and the grounds are garden style apartment style. We're not the type to spend a lot of money on hotel accomodations. When we travel, our intent is not to stay in the room all day, but to be out and about enjoying the area we're visiting. Because of this we found the Tuscany Suites great.

Pros: Clean, quiet, great location, helpful and pleasant staff., large rooms and large bathroom with separate shower, tub, and toilet. The toilet in the bathroom actually has it's own door. So your wife can be in the shower while you stink up the toilet area without disturbing her. :)

Cons: The kitchenette is really just a sink, cabinets and a fridge. No stove (no biggie, we don't go on vacation to cook) but we were hoping for at least a microwave to reheat leftovers from a dinner/lunch out. There was also no silverware (plastic or otherwise), no plates etc.

Overall we had an enjoyable stay. Here's a tip...

They say check-in is at 4PM. But you can actually check-in by 2PM at no charge. Or you can check-in as early as 12 noon for a $12.00 early check-in fee.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank derrickonline

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hudson WI
Reviewed 6 March 2009

I stayed at the Tuscany Suites from Feb 22 to Feb 27, 2009. Check in is quick if you can avoid off-peak check in/out times. If checking in/out during peak times it was not uncommon to see 6-10 people waiting in line. Rooms were very large. Kitchen in the room had a mini frig, sink, and stove. No silverware, pots, pans, or dishes. What is that all about? TV had like 10 channels, (no HBO) but I did not spend a lot of time watching TV anyways. The dining options at the hotel were very good. I had some very good meals at the Catina and the hotel diner. I used the fitness center and the hotel and was suprised that is was pretty well equiped and large. The location is OK. It was a couple of blocks walk to the strip. My bed was very comfortable. I did have issues with noise from the room above me, (kids jumping around for hours at a time). I did some additional checking on prices when I got back home. Prices on the strip hotels have really come down a lot lately. I found a stay at the New York or Paris hotels would have actually been cheaper. I would only stay here again if I was doing a budget trip and it was WAY cheaper then the strip hotels. If not, you are much better off being on the strip at the newer hotels. The walk to the strip is not a big deal but you end up walking so much while you are there it just makes sense to be on the strip. One other thing, they really nickel and dime you on the extras at this hotel. They charge $14 dollars a day for internet use. If you want to use their business center it was $.69 a minute to use their computer. They also charge for all local calls and wanted $25 extra for a late. checkout.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank jjp644
Downstate Illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We stayed here in mid February with 2 rooms for 2 couples on vacation. The rooms were spacious and very clean - we noticed no off odors in either room. The staff was friendly and helpful with whatever we needed or asked about. After hitting about every casino on the strip we found that the Tuscany Casino had the loosest slots and friendly poker and craps tables - we should have just stayed and played there. What we lost on the strip we gained back and then some there. Also had the late night steak special for 3.99 and there was absolutely nothing wrong with that steak - and that's a good review from us for a steak as we're rather particular about them!
It was actually nice to be away from the Strip in a little quieter location and the grounds were lovely, some green in a concrete town.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank erfarmgal
SoCal
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Room was fine for the very low price we got. About 10 min walk from the center strip in LV. The room stank of cheep disinfectant. If they could get the housekeeping staff to ease up on the chemicals this place would be OK.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BillyJoeMaguffie
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Wonderful Hotel. Stayed there with my parents the night before my wedding! Absolutely great value! I was just online looking to book my next stay as my husband and I are going back to vacation in Vegas.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank bunnybutter
Utah
Reviewed 12 February 2009

When it is time to sleep, I want to be able to sleep. I don't smoke, and need a smoke free room. What I got as Tuscany was an enormous clean room that was quiet and smoke free. There must be at least 12-13 buildings (I stayed in building L - I think is was a smoke free building.) So, instead of a mega-resort hotel, it felt more like a campus with nice landscaping, smaller 2-story buildings and convenient free parking.

It is located a couple of blocks from the Strip on Flamingo Drive, so you are just a brisk walk from the Bellagio and Caesar's Palace and the new City Center project.

• Liked — Room size and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Finding it the first time. (Not on the Strip)
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank utahMAX
Davenport, Ia.
Reviewed 6 February 2009

short and sweet because Tuscany aready wasted enough of my time standing at the front desk trying to explain and re-explain my group reservations to these people. Even after giving my Itinerary to them that was perfectly laid out as i wanted it by expedia, they managed to fowl it up and cancel my room twice causing me to be locked out and twice return to the front desk for myself. I also had to straiten out things for others in our group. needless to say the front desk manager and I got well aquainted.
Among other things I had mold and rot in the bathroom of room 112 bldg D (disgusting)
Oh but they did offer to comp me for my five or six trips to the front desk over a three day period. how about a free meal...NO THANKS KEEP IT!!

• Liked — landscape
  • Disliked — reservations
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bdl092265