“Three month stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Vegas
Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort
henderson, nv
“Three month stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed the first three months of 2014 at the Oasis in LV. As first time RV owners we didn't know what to expect. Having now been in numerous parks we can look back and give a review. It is true that the front desk staff is the least friendly of the staff. I'm sure part of it is trying to make everybody happy but they (and not just Elena) are not warm and fuzzy. This doesn't say they weren't good at their jobs just not going to let you feel good about it! Definately could improve in this area. The staff at the store were always pleasant and helpful. Did not use restaurant, pool or gym. Bathrooms and laundry rooms were good, although always at least one dryer not working. Security gets the gold star from us. From the front gate and the drive abouts the staff was awesome. And I think that's what makes it even tougher at the front desk when you get this great greeting going through the gate and then get dour faced one word answers from the check in staff. It is a mixed use park from one night stays to people that haven't moved in years. For the most part the park is kept nicely. We did appreciate the dog park and the dog runs. And yes, some of them stink to high heavens but not sure how you fix that? It is dirty from the asphalt but if you want smooth roads whatcha going to do? We thought the park was reasonably priced and felt safe there. We will be returning numerous times in the next year. Work on that front desk staff and reviews will improve.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pigsinparadise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bradford, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We arrived early afternoon and was very impressed when we drove up and saw the check-in area. Very Vegas...for an RV resort. Lovely enterence, water fall, palm trees, lover reception area like a Las Vegas hotel. This is not our first time in Las Vegas, but it is our first time here with the RV. However our dream ended there. The woman at the reception desk Elena Cruze ----- was NOT personable! This set the entire tone of our check-in. We announced ourselves and offered our confirmation number and was told "....I have it!" I was asked how many animals I had. I responded one dog. Elena barked :....date and sign this!" I asked what I was signing, and was told it was the "pet rules" I asked if I may have a copy after I signed it? again Ms. Cruse barked "....its in your information package!" she mumbled quickly how to get to our site and circled some amenities(which I could not understand).As the resort is so large, it would be helpful if there were escorts to our sites, but this is not a service the resorts provides. I asked for the wifi code and was told that it was $6 a day or $25 for a week, I said that I didn't see anywhere on the Oasis site that wifi was at an additional cost(oops, I must apologize, I just reviewed the website again and on page 5 item 9 it does say, wifi available at site for a fee).Again...I was barked at.
"....well that is the fee to use the wifi." Upon leaving the lovely reception are, we were accosted by an older woman trying to sell us tickets for shows on the strip....not good timing to accost me, and was quite disappointed when she was denied a sale (goodness we hadn't even got set up yet or even thinking on shows).....REALLY! We have had a horrible experience checking in and now we have an old lady trying to SELL me more STUFF! When we were set up I did speak to Sue, the front desk manager..... I must say that she was as good as useless....I raised my concerns about Ms. Cruze not being the best fit for the check-in area and that perhaps she should be behind the scene, that she was not an asset to the resort on welcoming guests. This fell on deaf ears and Sue hoped I enjoyed the rest of my stay! Really? Well we did need to BUY time on wifi and was not disappointed, the service on the wifi was horrible! Thanks to LV.Net... It kept kicking us off line, needed to keep signing in and not very reliable!
In closing, I must say......we have spent much less than $53 per night during our 2 month road trip and received MUCH friendlier reception......including wifi! We have also spent much more per night and felt we got what we paid for. I will also tell you that, our site did have bird droppings on our site and pic-nic table, cigarette butts on the site, along with the weeds growing through the gravel stone! There are 39 General Rules and Policies,20 Pet Rules and Policies and 12 pool and Spa Rules!!!! Seriously?!?!?!?!?! and Yes there is a lot of noise from the interstate!?!? We will NOT return to this RV Resort!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Straggs
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

10 Mar to 23 Mar 2014. Great stay, wide lots, good water, quit, very clean park with super friendly Staff. Have stayed here twice before and will stay here again. Las Vegas Strip is approx. 5 miles away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rickdel
Truman MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

After leaving another park in Las Vegas because it was not adequate and not what they promoted. They checked us in at 1030 pm. It was a great experience, 2 pools a hot tub, Great private bathrooms and showers. They also have an 18 hole putting green that is all over the property. I will be back and will recommend this park to everyone!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jasonmau1
Armstrong B.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have stayed here for 3, close to 4 weeks and have observed a few things.. Some areas are a little dated,, they say no clothesline or stuff left out but some sites are looking like a hoarders delight..You can not make these rules if you do not in-force them..I feel like the dog situation is out of control,, dogs barking and growling at us,, pooping right in front of us,, on the grass areas where I would think kids are supposed to be playing.. the owners are picking up but how do you pick up pee???some definate speeders,, how do they in-force that,, and the people must live here cause it is the same ones every time...You pay for wifi and it is so bad so slow it's a joke...Some one else wrote about the cigs butts all over,,so true,,the dog runs smell horrible,, the one day was warm and phew it was bad....did have a rude staff member also...Would have left but we paid in advance and are here for a car show,, and you cannot get your money back...It is close to a drug store and grocery store which was a bonus..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovemexico70
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed here for two weeks. Positives: Beautiful check in area with palm trees, location to strip & shopping & Starbucks. (We could bike/walk to several) friendly security, clean individual bathrooms with showers, nice laundry, pretty pools with palm trees & a waterfall although the kids pool was closed. Excellent waitress, excellent Sunday church service with great Philippino food! Lots of individual pet runs (although sometimes the poop cans were really stinky) Downside: People leaving the complex a few feet and idling their diesel rigs alongside our spot in the morning when pulling out and loading cars when you're sleeping in the am. Pigeon poop underneath the big neon signs that are located in the park for the freeway. Dirty patio, cigarette stubs by the hot tub. Ripped chairs in the restaurant. Very unfriendly check-in staff, both times we checked in. Expensive Wi Fi that did not work until we sat in the lobby or on the steps of the office. Time share people. No free gifts - you have to pay to get them mailed to you. Overall, the location is excellent and the sites are nice, but nothing like the 4 stars in California. I would stay there again, but would be very careful which spot to choose. Nicest spot was in front of the clubhouse, behind the mini golf green belt. Two sides of the park are bordered by the highway. One borders an empty lot and the other a quiet residential area. If you have dogs, it is very difficult to remove the black dirt they pick up on their paws from the pads/driveways. Our carpet also got black spots from wearing shoes inside. They are also not fussy about what kind of pets you have, we saw a pet chicken tied up to a rig.

Room Tip: Ask for the special, stay 6 nights get the last night free. Skip the Wi Fi - walk to Starbucks and...