“Pathetic company to deal with”

Bundu Bashers Private Day Tours
Ranked #217 of 248 Tours in Las Vegas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

About a year or so ago my wife and I booked a trip to Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, etc, starting from Los Angeles. A few days after paying in full my wife and I developed medical symptoms that did not allow us to do the trip. We asked for our payment back from Bundu Bashers, but they refused. They referred me to a clause in their contract that said once the air-fare portion of the trip was made the trip could not be cancelled. We tried our travel insurance but they refused to repay even a part of our payment, saying it was a pre-existing condition situation. Our credit card company tried to intervene but were overwhelmed by a torrent of paperwork from Bundu Bashers, claiming we were unscrupulous characters, liars, cheats, and other insulting and derogatory terms. We would have had to travel to Utah to file a claim in the small claims court, which we decided not to do. We lost all our money, and Bundu refused to even issue a partial refund. We would advise any persons thinking of booking with this company think carefully before putting down any money.

9  Thank Charles R
"snow"
in 4 reviews
"pics"

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Well, I have just looked over some of the reviews and they are all terrible. Our experience was not on the negaitve side, for the most part it was excellent . Kathleen picked us up from the Venetion Hotel at 5.45am, as with other National Park tours we were well prepared for the long day. Kathleen was very friendly and had some imformation tell us about on the way. We really enjoyed the drive up as it was dark when we left Vegas so the sunrise and the country side itself was beautiful, ruggard and interesting.We had booked a flight so she was in a hurry to get us to the South Rim by 11 am but unfortunately that meant that 3 other Kiwi women travelling with us missed out on the Hoover Dam tour which they were expecting to go on as they had it on there itinery to do so. We all got off at the south rim and we had 1/2 hour to look around. The others were staying over night to carry on with Kathleen to Bryce canyon etc. We arrived at the airport about 15 min away and we both got in our little chereokee plane with the pilot and embarked on the most beautiful views and colours of the canyon and then the land across to Monument Valley. After an hours flight a Narvajo native collected us when we landed and drove us around in a jeep to show us the stunning valley where movies have made it famous. Again another geological/historical site well worth a visit.The pilot flew us back over the Canyon so we could see the Powell Dam and river. He was suppose to fly us back over land alond side the Grand Canyon but it was such a clear day he made the decision to go further up towards and over the top end and back down. We were so lucky to have been able to do this trip and would definately recommend it. Well worth the extra money and so much better than just looking over the edge.A once in a life time experience done and crossed off the bucket list. The only negative was because the van with the 5 other tourist were carrying on with a 3 -4 day trip so the company had organised us to be taken back to Vegas by a Grey Line bus. We had to wait over an hour for this to arrive and we were verry tired by now as we had been up since 3,30am. The bus driver was very apologetic to our situation of having been left to come back like this and the trip back was longer due to the extra hour it took to drop off the other 30 odd passengers to their respective hotels, We finally got in at 10.30 pm so we had been up for 19 hours, fortunately the bus driver stopped off during the trip back so we could all have a 20min toilet and burger stop.Despite the fact the a lot of the trip back was at night we did see an amazing sunset and he slowed down so we could all see the Hoover Dam lit up at night, So all in all a terrific trip for the two of us. So hopefully this will continue for others.

3  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I did not read all the negative review of this company on Tripadvisors and booked recently on 10 september, 2013 a tour with them. Got insulted by phone ( he used f... word ) and by email ( calling me a jerk and dont know how to read) by the same person I believe
The guy has an English accent
there are in Las vegas several excellent operators such as Adventure photos so avoid the Bundu Bashers company, located in Cedar City, Utah

8  Thank micheline L
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I worked for Bundy Bushers some time ago, and I have to warn you that Sessel is constantly dealing with complains, issues, law suits and unhappy customers. He also talks badly about everybody, hates everybody and disrespects customers and employees. Working for him was the worst experience of my entire life. The guy is sick pig. I could have gone on one of his tours for free since I worked there, but I wouldn't do it even if someone paid me to. Stay away, avoid and never ever under any circumstances deal with this unprofessional company ran by insane person who should be locked up in mental institution

14  Thank Lelik7
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Despite the many bad reviews on this site I still wanted to give the company a chance as I thought the many reviews could be some 'bad campaign' by a competitor as many of the bad reviews were 'one-time-reviewers'.

I was exchanging some information and asking questions when Sessel, the person who responded to my E-mail , suddenly and completely out of the box became extremely rude and aggressive in his E-mail while I was just asking normal questions in a very polite way.

I have never seen this before in my life and I am seriously wondering why this person is still in business as this does not seem an isolated incident reading the other reviews on Tripadvisor and 'Googling' his name in the Internet.

This leaves me no other option than to give to lowest possible score.

12  Thank Erwinsp