“NOT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY”
Review of Barmasa

Barmasa
Reserve with OpenTable
Barmasa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #697 of 4,894 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
“NOT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband and I love sushi and spend whatever if its sushi food° our experience here was terrible apetizers came before the cocktails, we ask for an octopus salad and they dont have so the waitres suggest the hot octopus plate tastes just garlic nothing japanese flavor and finally after 25 minutes wait the rolls came to the table and of course nothing spectacular for pay 25dlls each

• Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Not too Bad but very expensive”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I ate here with a friend and we went for a selection of items. The food was OK but not outstanding and that is what I would have expected with the prices. The cocktails were not too bad but quite small. I must admit this is the second time I have been here and this time I was a little disappointed as the atmosphere is very quiet and dull compared to other Las Vegas restaurants.

Marina del Rey, California
“Good service, but way overpriced food!”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My friend and I went to eat at BarMasa on Aug. 24, 2013 and we had a very nice and knowledgeable waiter named Rodrigo H. Good service, highly attentive, friendly man who knew the menu quite well. I had the Restaurant Week special of 3 courses for $50.13 and my friend had the lobster ceviche for $34.00 and a lobster truffle risotto for $38.00. My 3 course meal tasted fabulous (cavier, small steak, miso soup, ice cream) however the portions were extremely microscopic!! I was so disappointed. I had a taste of my friends' dishes and they also tasted amazing, however they were miniscule as well! We left both starving and had to walk over to Bobby Flay's place at Caesars called Mesa Grill where we had dinner #2!! It was a hilarious event to have two dinners in one night.

The restaurant had good mood lighting and wasn't very crowded. I can see why as the place is so $$$ to eat at with such little portions. I understand it's a Japanese tapas place, however the servings were still ridiculously small for the hefty price tag! I won't ever eat here again.

The quality of the food was top notch and fresh, please don't get me wrong. However, I felt like I was financially duped as the prices just did not justify the portions. I felt like my hard earned dollars were going straight into the chef's pocket to buy him a shiny nice new Lamborghini to drive on the Las Vegas Strip. No thank you. Eat at this restaurant if you're a high roller and if you're a gazillionaire. But for us normal folks who have normal jobs, mortgages/rent to pay, kids to feed, bills to pay....forget about it. You have been forewarned.

Northern New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Underfed, over priced, terrible flavors”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I had sticker shock when i viwed the menu. But i figured, i am going to get what i pay for. I couldnt have been more wrong.
I would usually say i started with... But the service was so jumbled, i can't recall what came out first. There was no rhyme or reason to what came out first. We were a party of seven. The place was vacant, on a Sunday evening. So, there is no excuse for how the kitchen sent out our food. 5 of us got our food quickly. Two sat and watched us eat. We had completed our meals before one person in our party even got their 4oz $50 piece of meat. Thenwe sat and watched him eat. It seemed the kitchen just sent the food out when they felt like it. I can't blame it on our very enthusiastic and professional waitress. She was wonderful!!! Her name was Bonnie.

Lets get to the food, or lack there of. Spicey octopus, $24. It was litterally 2 tablespoons of tiny pieces of octopus, drenched in an awfull tasting solution, i couldn't even taste the octopus. Peking duck with foie gras $26, was delicious. 4 what looked like tiny tacos. Very tasty. Sizzling asparagus, $18 was also so overwelmed by the flavoring, i couldn't taste the asparagus. It was litterally only two forks of food. Terrible. Summer mushroom fried rice, $24, single serving size, about a half cup of it. Very good. Nasa eggplant, fair serving size, $18. Was horrible, the sweet flavoring overpowered it. Again, i couldn't taste the eggplant. There was zero presentation on all of our dishes. None!!!

That's what i tasted. The rest of my friends were very dissapointed as well with their food.

Let's move on to ambiance, or lack of. This is how it is, cement. Cement floors, walls everywhere you looked, stone cold, literally and figurativly. We were freezing. My teeth were actually chattering.

If it wasn't for the wonderful service of Bonnie, the night would have been a total fail.

Save your money!!!

“Bad experience”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Customers service sucks ....the hours are horrible ....the young ladies at the front desk were not very helpful very smug stuck up .....ugly Asian Witches...the food was ok ...but I don't think the sushi was fresh ....I got very ill that night I will never eat there again.