“A surprise in a strip mall.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chow Mein House
Ranked #2,600 of 4,768 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Summerlin
“A surprise in a strip mall.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Really good food. Lunch specials are great and filling. All the food was very well put together. It looks like a fast food place that has been poorly converted to a place with amazing food. Definitely worth stopping by if your in the neighborhood.

• Visited April 2013

“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

This is prolly one of my favorites due to the fact it is in big portions.. Love the fact they cook it but does take long.. I would eat again here..

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great food, Great Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

I have been to this place several times recently and it is quickly becoming my favorite eat-in AND take-out place.

There is a TERIFFIC lunch special - $6-7 with a choice of several dishes. They come with rice, fried rice or noodles AND soup plus some of the crispy noodles. The portion is generous and it would easily be two meals. We have also had dinner here as well - also generous portions. There are always coupons available so check before you go. The broccoli beef is good and gingery. The sweet and sour chicken was light and not at all greasy. We also enjoyed the chicken chow mein.

The service was friendly and adequate - although not overly attentive. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Needs to fix its customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Before I get to my review of this place, let me just say that I've grown up my entire life eating Chinese food in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. I have generally been a takeout/delivery kind of customer.

The food at China Tango is, sorry to say, overpriced - between 10-20% higher than its local competition (although some of these Chinese places share a common ownership). The food is spotty at best - some things they do well, and others fall way short.

I used to be a pretty frequent customer of China Tango when they first opened their doors, sometimes ordering delivery 2-3 times/week. I stopped because they either didn't get my orders correct and I was shorted on my delivery, or the food arrived late and was cold. Sometimes, the manager made things right; other times not.

I recently ordered Honey Walnut Prawns, a dish I've had at countless Chinese restaurants. The coating on the prawns had a very unpleasant doughy, cake-like texture and taste. I ate about 2-3 and couldn't eat another bite. I called the restaurant and expressed my dissatisfaction. I asked for the manager on duty - this was a busy Friday night - but was told she was on vacation in Switzerland for 2 weeks and there was no manager on duty. I asked them to please either re-make something else or take the amount of this dish off of my credit card - a simple request that any decent restaurant would do if a guest had a food-related complaint. He refused, saying that he had no authority to do so, and that he'd have to call the owner for approval. Okay, I told him to go ahead and please call me back. He did, but advised that the owner refused to make this right. We then got into a heated argument over customer treatment. His response: if we had to do this for every customer, we wouldn't make any money. What restaurant personnel in their right mind would say this to a customer, notwthstanding that they charge restaurant prices for their food?

I'm not going to get into the cultural aspect of this issue, but I will say that I've experienced this attitude more than once before with smaller Chinese restaurants. If you have a problem with their food, it is your problem, not theirs. Unless they know you well, you will likely get short shrift.

Needless to say, I will never do business with China Tango again based on this experience, and will advise friends, family and colleagues to do the same. Regrettably, having said so to the person I dealt with that Friday evening, he said he didn't care and in fact told me that he didn't need customers like myself, they get so much business.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Fabulous food!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Four of us had dinner at the China Tango Bistro and the food was simply delicious.
The staff is very friendly and do everything they can to make sure you are happy.
That night, it was very busy, and our food came out...one at a time...which was
not good. But the food was so good, that it made up for the long wait.
We will go back again, for sure.
A great place in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas!!!
YUMMY food. They have a huge menu selection.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Chow Mein House? Share your experiences!