“Solid deal and experience”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #16 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 11 May 2012

First - this property does not have a casino and you really need a rent a car to operate in LV while staying here

That said, I expected accomodations along the lines of a Homewood suites and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the suite and furniture -- bathroom and shower was luxurious. Free Internet. Room was quiet - new lobby about to open -- has a snack bar with coffee open early in the am --- It is a fine place to crash at night after doing whatever in town.

I also got a terrific price when I reserved a couple of months in advance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank 501casper
Write a ReviewReviews (2,077)

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was there in late April and they were just finishing the new lobby. The rooms were recently renovated with great beds, nice granite counters in the kitchenette and bath. The room was very comfortable, the staff was great.

Dining was lacking with just a minimally acceptable deli with high prices, but there are lots of dining options within walking distance, including the LVH (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton) next door.

It is a short cab ride to the strip, but you can also walk over to the LVH and get on the monorail, which will take you to the heart of Vegas.

Overall this hotel was a great value, very comfortable, quiet, and reasonably priced. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mobva
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I booked this hotel because of the location -only 10 minutes walk to convention center. Free wi-fi, comfy bed and pillow, recently-renovated-room, nice and quiet, 7-eleven is only 2 blocks away, I could see monorail from my room but couldn't hear any noise. I loved almost everything about this hotel, only wish there are more restaurants around.

Room Tip: Book early to get better rate. Rent a car if you come with family. Dali downstairs is expensive, buy...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 1sttimeincancun
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We have loved everything about this hotel itself. The staff are all very friendly, our suite is amazing and clean. The pool is decent sized and I love that it is less of a party atmosphere than most of Las Vegas and we are truly able to relax. The bar is very convenient (a little pricy but everything in Vegas tends to be). The bartender has been very kind and even comes to offer us drinks at the pool. The work out area looks nice though I admit I haven't tried it. The only inconvenience is the location. We are not normal walking distance from much- but we ended up buying a three day monorail pass which made it easy to go in to the strip as often as we like. The trains come often and are pretty efficient (there is a short walk to the station). Also, there is no casino here which is also a short walk to the nearest LVH. Being a person that doesn't mind going short distances for casinos and the strip, I actually quite like the quiet the rest of the time. The cafe in the building offers a few things, at least enough to get by without having to leave for every meal.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa80020
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This wa smy first stay at this property this past weekend and I will return unless the LVH next door rejoins Hilton. I use to stay at the LVH next door because of all the Hilton Honor perks especially the 2 free buffett breakfast eveyr morning and then the addition $10 food voucher daily for skipping housekeeping). Seeing I liked the location of the LVH bieng off the strip but being on the monorail, I decided to stay here since I got a good rate.

Pros: The monorail is pretty easy to get to. I like that there is no smoky and noisy caisno to go through. I love the pool hours, they are from 6 am. to 10 p.m., so it's really nice for a evening swim. Great staff. Internet worked great. Convenient to fremont street. Free laundy (if you have a 1 bedroom there are washer/dryers in the unit and if you have a studio there are free washer/dryers down in the basement and they even will give you free laundry detergent.

Cons: If you need a taxi, sometimes you have to wait 15 to 20 minutes. If there isn't one out there, they have to call one, so allow enough time if you require a taxi. One big problem I had was they seem to run out of hot water fast. A couple times I took showers it was just above luke warm with the faucet all the way on hot.

One thing I also didn't like is the only place to get food at in the hotel is the small store which closes at 10 (good selection of frozen food type things, but no real hot restaurant style food). THe LVH is closeby though with a deli that is 24/7. The staff is also good about giving you bottled water if you are a HH member by just showing your card even though the T&C of the program say you are only to receive 2 free bottles during your stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Yep...thats right went to Las Vegas with my 1 year old and had a fantastic time! I stayed here in 2009 when I got married...great place to stay if you are in Las Vegas for longer than a weekend. Sometimes you just need a break from the slot noise...ding ding ding ding! Especially when you are not winning on the tables No gambling in this hotel BUT it is within 5 minute walk across the parking lot to the Las Vegas Hotel (LVH) . I reserve the king bedroom suite with full kitchen...can't beat it. The kitchen is fully equiped:pots, pans, dishes etc..Washer/Dryer full amenities. We have family in Vegas so when they come over for a drink before dinner or a night cap we have a large space for everyone to sit. We typically only make breakfast to start the day of sight seeing and exploring Las Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Our family lodged at this hotel for two nights as my son was testing for his 4th degree black belt at the Convention Center and so it was very convenient for our needs. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite (which is actually a one-bedroom suite connected to a one-bedroom studio) on the 9th floor. The room was very nice and clean. We arrived at about 1:00pm where the front desk staff was friendly and helpful, allowing us to check in early. There was some construction going on in the hotel and we had to be routed outside (unfortunately through the smoking area) to get to the elevators. As noted by others, the hotel is located off the beaten path and close to some run down areas of town. But it is close to a monorail station, which we utilized one night to get down to the south end of the strip. We did get some breakfast items and snacks at the deli and got dinner there our last night. Prices were reasonable (about what you’d pay at a convenience store) and the prepared food was good. We’d certainly stay here again with my only complaint being that the room had nice HDTVs but only offered analog SD channels.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
#13 of 264 in Las Vegas
Tuscany Suites & Casino
Tuscany Suites & Casino
#45 of 264 in Las Vegas

Been to Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)? Share your experiences!