Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #17 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were greated each time we entered and exited the hotel. It was a little further from the strip than we expected, but we walked it easily several times during the week. The pool area is well kept up and relaxing. The place is family oriented but was acceptable for us as a couple who wanted a non gaming off strip location. We found it a safe area during the day but caution at night is needed. Rooms are nice and well equiped if you want to eat in. We wished for a view of the strip but ended up with the moutiain (residential area). Overall, excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank happyonthebeach_11
Write a ReviewReviews (2,123)

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I checked into this hotel hoping not to have a casino on-site and was pleased by the experience. If I wanted one, there was always the LVH (formerly a Hilton property) net door. This place is family-oriented and has a wonderful deli adjacent to the lobby, a terrific pool-side bar and is very convenient to the I-15 freeway.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and the amenities are wonderful.
I'd easily book here again.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet - there's a good walking trail around the property... my service animal Leah...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Anne P
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way home from an extended road/camping trip. With 4 of us in a "King Suite" we had more than enough room and the kids were able to "spread out" in the living room while Mom and I had our own room to enjoy. The room was very nicely equipped with large flat panel TVs, a modern DVD player, and a wonderfully appointed kitchen (including GE Profile appliances!)

My only complaints (and they are minor) are that there was only 1/2 roll of TP in the bathroom when we checked in and NO backups to be found anywhere. Needless to say with a family of 4 that didn't last long! I'm not sure if you are supposed to bring your own, since it is a "vacation club".

The other complaint is that there is only one bathroom for the unit and no separate sink area, so getting ready to come or go with 4 people requires planning. A separate 1/2 bath (sink & mirror) would have really helped, but we got by. I would have upgraded to a larger room when we checked in, but it was not offered to me despite me mentioning that we had 4 and I am Diamond with Hilton, so I'm usually offered an upgrade either at no charge or with a reduced fee. (I booked with my phone using points and the two room units were listed but it wouldn't allow me to book them).

The check-in was brusque and lacking any sort of recognition of my status. I personally don't care that much about being recognized as a Diamond, but I know that it is a standard for Hilton, so I'm dinging half a star for that reason alone. The other half star is for the brusqueness of the check-in. It lacked any warmth or welcome, nor did it include any orientation to the hotel.

All in all I recommend this hotel as a very nice and amazingly well priced option if you want to get away from the strip. Just be warned that most if the other travelers on weekends and holidays will be families with kids. Lots of them!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here back in August, but just had to review this wonderful hotel!

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was to die for! I could live in this space! The living area is huge with modern comfy seating and decor. The kitchen is equipped with excellent facilities and all very clean and modern. The main bedroom was very tastefully decorated with beautiful drapes and bedding. Huge dressing area with wardrobe and storage area and alongside this the bath, leading on to separate bathroom with shower, toilet and double sinks. The second bedroom was like a self contained room with its own lounge bathroom and small kitchen, so would be perfect for two small families sharing.
We made full use of all the facilities, the gym was brilliant as it was hardly used, so never had to wait to use equipment. Pool is quite large, with plenty of seating and towels etc. The deli was very handy selling breakfast, lunch coffees etc along with souvenirs, supplies and groceries.
The hotel is off the strip and does not have a casino, but this did not bother us. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the strip but knowing it was all just a walk away if you needed to gamble a few dollars!
Parking is free and plenty of it. We didn't use the car to get around the strip but chose the mono rail. This wasn't too convenient and next time I would probably get a taxi to the strip and back to save time.
We loved this hotel and would definitely come back here.

Room Tip: A 2 bedroom suite if you can get it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank luv2holidayinthesun
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

It’s never too late….THANK YOU for taking the time to give us a review on your stay with us from August. I’m happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and we certainly would love to have you back soon.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This is by far, the best hotel value for the money, I have ever seen. This property lacks a bit on room service and lobby, but the rooms are immaculate and very nice for the money. The beds were very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place. It is great for family stays with children. There is no casino but a great game room and year round heated pool.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite was amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank silverius1
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed in this Hilton because I was attending a conference. The hotel is quiet and comfortable; it's not a casino hotel. There's no food service except for a little deli/shop (although that wasn't bad, especially for breakfast); they did open up the pool bar while we were there. Service was friendly and helpful. The room was fairly small, but it was clean and comfortable. I also appreciated the laptop-sized room safe. My only real problem with the hotel was that the time-share reps do bother guests quite a bit. I got a call at home a week before the trip, I was accosted in the hallway by a rep, and I had numerous messages on my room phone.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ltwau
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

I apologize for the number of calls you received during your stay. I have shared your comments with our Sales and Marketing team to assure that this does not continue to happen with future guests. We do hope that this does not detour you from visiting us again soon.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because we needed a suite and to be close to the north end of the strip for a conference. This place is clean and spacious. It's family friendly and the pool area is a lot of fun. It's located out of the chaos of the strip, but still close enough for easy access by cab, car or monorail. I highly recommend this hotel for families and others who want a cleaner, quieter, smoke-free place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013