“Great Location off the Strip”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #18 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Southeast Michigan
“Great Location off the Strip”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

For our work trip these suites were amazing. Full kitchen and washer/dryer in unit along with a whirlpool tub! Service excellent, amenities outstanding. We were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub a few nights as well.

The parking lot right outside the front door was a great plus for our driving work trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Richmond Hill
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed there for four nights in late March. Very nice large, CLEAN room. Very well equipped with a small kitchenette. Nice pool, pool bar, Starbucks coffee downstairs, good access to a computer and printer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Minden, NV
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations Suites this past weekend - and it was just OK. Room was standard and I did like the fact that you needed a key card to reach the upper floors. On the negative side, there is no restaurant facility on site and the only place to get coffee is at the little mini market on the ground floor. I went in and ordered and paid for a cup of coffee....then waited. 13 minutes later my name was called. Really? The place wasn't even that busy.
I did like it that the property does not have a casino on sight, nor the odor of a casino

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for staying at our property. I apologize that you had to wait for your coffee, I am thinking that you probably ordered a specialty coffee due to the time and you might have been here during a convention time. Normally when ordering a regular coffee it takes seconds since he hands over the size cup for you to fill your own and make it as you like. Again, I apologize and should you stay with us again, I would love to buy you a cup of coffee of your choice.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director
South Whitley, Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were greated each time we entered and exited the hotel. It was a little further from the strip than we expected, but we walked it easily several times during the week. The pool area is well kept up and relaxing. The place is family oriented but was acceptable for us as a couple who wanted a non gaming off strip location. We found it a safe area during the day but caution at night is needed. Rooms are nice and well equiped if you want to eat in. We wished for a view of the strip but ended up with the moutiain (residential area). Overall, excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happyonthebeach_11
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I checked into this hotel hoping not to have a casino on-site and was pleased by the experience. If I wanted one, there was always the LVH (formerly a Hilton property) net door. This place is family-oriented and has a wonderful deli adjacent to the lobby, a terrific pool-side bar and is very convenient to the I-15 freeway.
The rooms are spacious, comfortable and the amenities are wonderful.
I'd easily book here again.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet - there's a good walking trail around the property... my service animal Leah...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Anne P
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way home from an extended road/camping trip. With 4 of us in a "King Suite" we had more than enough room and the kids were able to "spread out" in the living room while Mom and I had our own room to enjoy. The room was very nicely equipped with large flat panel TVs, a modern DVD player, and a wonderfully appointed kitchen (including GE Profile appliances!)

My only complaints (and they are minor) are that there was only 1/2 roll of TP in the bathroom when we checked in and NO backups to be found anywhere. Needless to say with a family of 4 that didn't last long! I'm not sure if you are supposed to bring your own, since it is a "vacation club".

The other complaint is that there is only one bathroom for the unit and no separate sink area, so getting ready to come or go with 4 people requires planning. A separate 1/2 bath (sink & mirror) would have really helped, but we got by. I would have upgraded to a larger room when we checked in, but it was not offered to me despite me mentioning that we had 4 and I am Diamond with Hilton, so I'm usually offered an upgrade either at no charge or with a reduced fee. (I booked with my phone using points and the two room units were listed but it wouldn't allow me to book them).

The check-in was brusque and lacking any sort of recognition of my status. I personally don't care that much about being recognized as a Diamond, but I know that it is a standard for Hilton, so I'm dinging half a star for that reason alone. The other half star is for the brusqueness of the check-in. It lacked any warmth or welcome, nor did it include any orientation to the hotel.

All in all I recommend this hotel as a very nice and amazingly well priced option if you want to get away from the strip. Just be warned that most if the other travelers on weekends and holidays will be families with kids. Lots of them!

• Stayed March 2013
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here back in August, but just had to review this wonderful hotel!

We had a 2 bedroom suite which was to die for! I could live in this space! The living area is huge with modern comfy seating and decor. The kitchen is equipped with excellent facilities and all very clean and modern. The main bedroom was very tastefully decorated with beautiful drapes and bedding. Huge dressing area with wardrobe and storage area and alongside this the bath, leading on to separate bathroom with shower, toilet and double sinks. The second bedroom was like a self contained room with its own lounge bathroom and small kitchen, so would be perfect for two small families sharing.
We made full use of all the facilities, the gym was brilliant as it was hardly used, so never had to wait to use equipment. Pool is quite large, with plenty of seating and towels etc. The deli was very handy selling breakfast, lunch coffees etc along with souvenirs, supplies and groceries.
The hotel is off the strip and does not have a casino, but this did not bother us. It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the strip but knowing it was all just a walk away if you needed to gamble a few dollars!
Parking is free and plenty of it. We didn't use the car to get around the strip but chose the mono rail. This wasn't too convenient and next time I would probably get a taxi to the strip and back to save time.
We loved this hotel and would definitely come back here.

Room Tip: A 2 bedroom suite if you can get it!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank luv2holidayinthesun
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this review, 27 March 2013
It’s never too late….THANK YOU for taking the time to give us a review on your stay with us from August. I’m happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and we certainly would love to have you back soon.

Jessica Dupont