“Las Vegas for Thanksgiving”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #16 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Enjoyed the stay as per usual at this location. Parking is very convenient at this location as compared to the other three locations in Las Vegas. Making the elevators secure with key access only was a good idea. Also much appreciated is the free access to computers in the business center for residents instead of paying for access. Swimming pool renovations will be welcomed by next summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I booked this hotel, because I want to stay little bit away from busy strip during holidays.. I like the room with Jacuzzi Tub, complete kitchen, Washing machine and dryers. Room was clean. But I do not like the location of the Hotel. Pool was empty and muddy, Outside Parking. There are no restaurants or shops in walking distance. Wi- fi service was slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had an amazing stay at the Hilton Grand Vacations. There is no Casino, which is actually very nice. We enjoyed going to our room and relaxing without the hustle and bustle of a hotel/casino feeling. The strip is easy to get to and park from the Hilton. We are planning to come back .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The place was nice...They did not tell us the pool was not functional...was empty with mud in very bottom... they did give me wrong directions...twice.
I probably wouldn't stay here again ...cuz it was a bit spendy for what we received.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Nancy I
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that during your stay you experienced our pool renovation currently being done to enhance our guest experience. Please know that we picked the slowest time of the year to make these enhancements and although our pool is closed until mid January we made accommodations for our guests to use our sister property pool on the Las Vegas Strip. We do hope you come visit us again and enjoy our new pool.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Really nice hotel, very effcient and friendly staff. Walking distance to the strip and don't have to drive through the traffic on LV Blvd. "No casino" money lasted longer then usual. Weather was chilly which made the Spa in the room a luxery.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed at Hilton grand vacation properties in several places (including another one in Las Vegas). They are always clean and comfortable and this one was as well. The room was big enough for my needs, though rather small by comparison to all of the others. This felt much more like a typical hotel room. The bathroom was particularly small.
The staff was fine. Friendly and helpful (though some of it felt forced).

My only real complaint was the internet service. It gets 5 Stars in the category of "Worst Ever Hotel Wifi".
On the day I arrived I needed to send a few emails, but after just 2-3 the system stopped sending. I tried several accounts to no avail.
I contacted the help line and, after waiting on hold, was greeted by someone who should definitely not have a job where "help" is part of the title. When I described my issue he decided immediately that I needed to change all of the settings on my email accounts. I explained that this seemed extreme as I stay in hotels frequently and never have this problem. He had no other thoughts (on this subject or, apparently, anything else). I decided not to take his advice. Thanks anyway, Bevis...

During my three day stay the email problem persisted and all other internet service was unpredictable as well. It appeared that they had things so tightly secured that you are more likely to get an error than anything else. I'm all for good internet security, but I think GOOGLE is a pretty safe sight to request (most often this would result in a "server not found" error).

Overall it was a good stay, but I can't recommend it for business travelers because of the internet/email problems.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have a better view
2  Thank NoScreenName1960
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center), responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding the internet service or the lack of. I have shared your review with our IT department and we will be looking into the problem. We certainly hope this was an isolated case and that it won’t happen again.

Jessica Dupont
Resort Director

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I personally hate reading reviews that go in depth about peoples TRIP experience...all i need to know is location/ rates/ room quality/ and amenities...right??

The Hilton Grand Vacations Suites is perfect! yes if you travel a lot to touristy areas you should be aware of resort fees on top of taxes and room rates. In Vegas resort fees on ALL hotels with casinos or NOT.. on the strip or NOT all have a resort fee ranging from 10$-25$...
My girlfriend and My family treated me to a vegas trip for my 22nd bday 10/31/2013- 11/02/2013
3 nights..and it was roughly 502$ i think...but rates for you may vary..whats important is that its reasonable to you, compared to other hotels.
Now to explain my title...
Yes the Hilton is located at theTOP and OFF of the strip
But there is a monorail that runs all the way up and down the strip but behind the hotel casinos of the strip..so you kind of have to walk into a hotel to get to the monorail thats behind the building out of sight if your on the strip...but its perfect because it stops every 50 yards give or take and runs frequently.
You'll never wait longer than 10 mins at one stop
...Now the Hilton is the very last stop or very 1st stop depending what direction you come from...but its great be cause literally you walkout of the hilton and walk 35 yards to the left or right and you will run into a monorail ...Hilton grand is smack dab in between 2 monorail stops.. so thats VERY convenient especially if you are a drinker or just don't want to waste gas. I believe it is 12$ for a 24 hour pass and 22$ for a 2 day pass and 29$ for 3 days... thats a good deal to me..week days it stops running at midnight i believe and weekends until 3am!

The hotel is VERY clean and cleaning crew are very professional and willing to help at anytime..there is no continental breakfast but there is a Starbucks and little deli with sandwiches muffins cookies gift shop sodas juices think of a classy 7/11. Beautiful pool with separate hot tub jacuzzi off to the side with chairs tables and open grilling area if desired.

the Bedrooms where very nice and up modernly up to date, plenty of cable channels.. our room had a great view of mountains, no dust, very new looking and feel, safe in the closet, clean bathroom..only con was the drain in our shower was a little slow on the draining side, so in the middle of showering you are somewhat dancing around in a large puddle...but no biggie your in the shower to get wet right ..
The bed itself was very soft, you just melt right into it ..clean sheets no random strands of hair..smelled fresh, microwave and mini fridge available.

this hotel is perfect for anyone who wants to have a wild time or nice time, but come back to a nice hotel without the craziness of the strip noise or foot traffic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family