“Quiet, clean, and worth the trip in Vegas”

Hilton Grand Vacations on Paradise (Convention Center)
Ranked #18 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Baltimore, Maryland
“Quiet, clean, and worth the trip in Vegas”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I spent four nights here on a last minute getaway with friends. My friends had booked rooms at Circus Circus and I wasn’t too keen after reading reviews about that place. I had originally been looking at the HGV on the Strip but had put off booking until too late and their prices skyrocketed. I instead turned to the Convention Center location. I was a bit hesitant at first about its location as it was my first trip to Vegas and I thought I wanted to be closer to the strip. But the rate of $89/night with no resort fees and very good reviews made me change my mind.

My stay started off wonderfully with very friendly staff and an offer for a free upgrade to a suite. I couldn’t turn that down and boy was I ever rewarded. My suite was extremely clean and very well-stocked. If I’d spent more time in my room I’d certainly have gone to a grocery store; the kitchen was filled with pots, pans, and utensils. There was even a full stove, dishwasher, fridge, blender, etc. The living area was very comfortable and had an excellent view out over the mountains (I was on the 8th floor). The bed was fantastic and provided for much-needed sleep after a long journey. It was a delight having an iHome on the bedside table with a jack for charging my phone. The bathroom and jacuzzi were both in great shape and very clean.

The pool area was under construction so hopefully any summer travelers will get to enjoy it! (It was January and not exactly pool weather anyway.)

Other reviews had remarked about the hotel being a distance from the monorail; it was maybe 5 minutes across the parking lot from the LVH. Still convenient.

I wish my stay had been longer! I’m very glad I chose this hotel and I’ll be sure to stay here again and recommend it to others. My friends were all very jealous!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank justpeachykeane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights on this hotel. The hotel did not have a restaurant or a casino which actually was a plus for us since we don't gamble. They have a nice deli downstairs and a microwave, sink, dishes & frig in each room so you can warm things up & not spend $$$ on food unless that is your thing. If it is and you like to gamble, the LVH (Las Vegas Hilton) is right next door (about 1-1/2 block walk). Free parking, free wi-fi (which wasn't the best). All in all, a great mid-$ selection for a hotel in LV. Very nice comfortable room with great beds. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor as we are older. Was just a quick trip via elevator to our room.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had some problems with our booking when we arrived at the hotel. However, the staff was extremely helpfull to solve this issue and really did more than we would have expected them to do. The room was nice, very clean and above all: quiet. If you don't need to have a hotel with a casino in it, this is really a top choice. We had a very good experience with the hotel, and certainly also with their staff. The hotel is not located on the strip itself, but you can take the bus (strip express) or the monorail 200 meters further. Free parking in the hotel parking lot was also very convenient.

North Hollywood, CA
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had 3 people, 1 king bed and a queen sleeper sofa, huge jetted tub, nice thick towels. hair dryer. kitchen had all supplies including wine bottle opener, glasses etc. easy access 15 to Vegas off Saraha Hwy, left on paradise, then left at Karen. The monorail is next door at the LVH hotel. it cost me about 8.00 to get from the Wynn back to the Hilton via taxi. Pool was unavailable due to reno, we had washer and dryer in room. Tub is in the bedroom, which was weird, sliding door tween bedroom and bathroom with shower. the shower head was a bit low, but usable. I'm 5'8".
staff was nice. Older guy behind the concierge desk was not the friendliest, but the lady was.
Ask for a room facing towards the strip, tho I think you will get the morning sun. we were facing the time shares in the back. I would definitely stay here again. No restaurant, LVH had a great breakfast (just don't expect fast service).

Room Tip: we had an end room, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago IL
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Booked one bedroom suite and loved it. Walked to Convention Center each day.
Full size fridge and well stocked kitchen was just like home.
Dishwasher, washer and dryer in suite made it very convenient.
Would recommend this to anyone exhibiting or attending a LV trade show.
Monorail a short walk at LVH Hotel. Strip in 10 minutes!!
Staff prides themselves as the BEST in LV!! And I think they might be.

1 Thank ChicagoDon
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 11 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

If you don't mind NOT having a casino in your lobby and are actually looking for some space in your room (even your own kitchen) then this is the place. We went for my daughter's volleyball tournament and didn't want to smell like smoke every time we entered or exited the lobby - we also wanted a one bedroom place and a kitchen so we didn't have to eat out every meal. The accommodations were nice, the staff were great - very friendly and helpful. I did not check out the gym but my husband said it was tiny. The pool was closed when we were there so I can't review that either. You can walk to LVH next door to catch the $5 tram if you want to go to the other end of the strip - although we preferred to walk it and take in the sights. If you agree to sit through one of their timeshare presentations they will give you free tickets to some great shows - we didn't have time but were tempted...they will also give you a ton of coupons when you check in, so if you plan to eat or drink out on the town, definitely stop by the concierge. Oh - and my son really liked the jacuzzi tub :-)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Robina, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed for the forth time from January 26 to February 5 this year and still would not stay anywhere else. Had a studio that had everything i needed.
Had a good time at the super bowl party put on by the hotel.
ALL the staff are first class.Even though its has been 12 months since my last stay staff members still remember me which is a good feeling.
Only thing this time that i have never had before was noise from the next room.
Maybe because this time the place was full up and before i have had empty rooms next to me.
But i dealt with it and really enjoyed my stay. Thank you HGV Karen Avenue for everything.
Long way to go and not have a good stay but you will get one here.

Room Tip: if you get a studio try for one with no one in the suite next door.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo